PRE-GAME [Round 8, 2024] Broncos vs Wests Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another test for Jock, then. I don't really see him in this role, but he outperformed everyone's expectations last week.

I think he can use his acceleration 1 or 2 passes wider to be a threat .
Closer to the ruck he is getting shut down on his half breaks . A bit more time and width with less responsibilities might be good for him confidence wise . He has good vision for space and opportunities . Watch his highlights he is involved early in a lot of try scoring plays . Shame he hasn`t got big Sel to hand it on to he was just hitting form . Although Jesse has the foot work to make the best look ordinary .

Looking at that play again... the third man in drops back and the outside is coming up... the defensive line is completely disjointed... I think it was Madden in the trials that hit Piakura on that very type of line.

Walsh is just phenomenal and beats the man jamming in, but a short ball to the second row is probably the percentage play there... If tigers plan to cheat in on Walsh, then I can see Piakura getting away and causing damage... teams have to respect Piakura, which can give Walsh more room... or leaves it in the hands of Madden to pick the right pass

That`s the move where Ezra and Patty fcked it up and Manu intercepted .
Done right it`s lethal .

Bakers average joe work

Take note of the speed of Baker`s play the ball next game .
He is very good at getting the ball on the ground and shrugging off the tacklers for a quick PTB . The next cpl of tackles after he runs benefit from his play .
Willison probably even more so . Look for more close range tries if these guys keep it up . The defence is struggling to reform after the speedy PTBs .

Looking at that play again... the third man in drops back and the outside is coming up... the defensive line is completely disjointed... I think it was Madden in the trials that hit Piakura on that very type of line.

Walsh is just phenomenal and beats the man jamming in, but a short ball to the second row is probably the percentage play there... If tigers plan to cheat in on Walsh, then I can see Piakura getting away and causing damage... teams have to respect Piakura, which can give Walsh more room... or leaves it in the hands of Madden to pick the right pass
I know everyone was a bit disappointed with Hunt's game, but the key to that play was the line and intent he ran the decoy with to hold the inside defenders from sliding

Jesse's always flown under the radar. I copped a barrage of shit at the time for pointing out he massively outpointed forum darling, Herbie Hogsworth in 2021:

When they sent him to the Wahs I thought that was the last of him .
Then they brought him back and extended his contract for years . I was baffled .
But ,,, obviously they saw things differently . And congrats to the brains trust . They have got a lot of things right recently .

Prior to today's team list, the middles pecking order is (pick 5):

1. Carrigan
2. Haas
3. Jensen
4. Hetherington
5. Baker
6. Willison/Te Kura (either, but not both)
7. Tapau

If Willison is named over Baker, I think Te Kura will leapfrog him as well. In an either/or choice.

I can't see us blowing cap on TPJ to play him in the middle.

I think this means Willison has leapfrogged Baker in the pecking order, so when Cobbo returns Oates goes to 17.

ScreenScreenshot 2024 04 24 at 11 37 28 Wests Tigers v Broncos

Take note of the speed of Baker`s play the ball next game .
He is very good at getting the ball on the ground and shrugging off the tacklers for a quick PTB . The next cpl of tackles after he runs benefit from his play .
Willison probably even more so . Look for more close range tries if these guys keep it up . The defence is struggling to reform after the speedy PTBs .
oddly i think last game hunts ptb speed was around 3 second cant for the life of me find where i saw it now tho

I know everyone was a bit disappointed with Hunt's game, but the key to that play was the line and intent he ran the decoy with to hold the inside defenders from sliding

Yeah .
I was thinking during the game Hunt is running some nice lines . He was more incorporated in the attack last game .
I guess it takes time and rehersal to get the flow . Good luck to him . I liked his personality from what I saw on the Broncos media . Seems like a good bloke .

Thank goodness, we’re at full strength(almost). I already love that bench. Cant wait for them to do further damage opposing teams when they come on to the field.

My wish is that Brenden stays on the fuckin field for every game here on and plays 80 min without a miss. He needs some luck man & i hope the footy gods are kind to him from now.

I really like this willingness to rest players with niggles instead of just pushing them through, especially given the depth we have. I mentioned earlier in the thread I thought it would be a good opportunity to rest Cobbo, and it makes sense to give Mam a rest at this stage too. Hopefully this pays off for us at the backend of the season.
Absolutely.
We’re playing our preliminary finals next week though. We need Cobbo & especially, Ezra to be at their best.

We’re smashing the Rotters next week. Man, I so wish I’m at the game. Suncorp would be absolutely going bonkers for this game.

R9 is so close and I’m so pumped for that game already than this week against Tigers. Trying to settle my nerves.

Jesse's always flown under the radar. I copped a barrage of shit at the time for pointing out he massively outpointed forum darling, Herbie Hogsworth in 2021:

I don't think it's entirely fair to compare the 2, I think you know that too.

Herbie has been injured and will be injured for a little while yet.

I usually defer to Kevvie when it comes to selections .
I might have some opinions about who should and shouldn`t be in the 17 .

But seeing as Kevvie has coached at Brisbane , Melbourne , Newcastle and Catalans as well as been Origin coach I reckon he might know a thing or two I don`t so I trust in him .

He has been a club head coach at only Brisbane and Catalans. Catalans his win % was under 40%.

Having blind faith in a coach and not questioning decisions is just so dim witted.

Lol well like yours my opinion doesn't really matter... I'm not a distinguished couch coach like you so kevy certainly won't be listening to me. But perhaps when it comes to selecting the next team, he will read broncoshq and be guided by the illustrious coaching prowess of bookhaki!
Why are you on a discussion board then? If it's pointless having an opinion that doesn't align with the coach, why are you here?

I don't think it's entirely fair to compare the 2, I think you know that too.

Herbie has been injured and will be injured for a little while yet.

Also, and I'm saying this as a big fan of Jesse - he didn't 'massively outpoint' Herbie in 2021.

Herbie
20 games
Avg. run metres - 145m
3 tries
7 try assists (0.35 per game)
11 linebreaks (0.55 per game)
254 tackles/26 missed/90% efficiency

Jesse
11 games
Avg. run metres - 65m
5 tries
1 try assist (0.09 per game)
3 linebreaks (0.27 per game)
101 tackles/18 missed/85% efficiency

So, more tries? Not exactly a damning metric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Foordy
  • Stix
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Financeguy
  • Fitzy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Huge
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • heartly87
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.