Round 9 - Penrith Panthers - Pre Game discussion

Penrith are expecting Segeyaro, Soward, Taylor and Whare to be back for this game.

I can't forget Thaiday's terrific performance as prop in the Roosters game.

Assuming everyone is fit and available:

Kahu
Boyd (alternating with Kahu)
Copley
Hodges
Oates
Milford
Hunt
Thaiday
Macca
Blair
McGuire (Strong, fast and a good step)
Gillett
Parker

Kodi
Wallace
Garbutt
Another prop

i've said I thought Thaiday should be a prop in the past but swapping McGuire and Thaiday seems unecessarily complicated.

No problem. Penrith are a much better side with Soward but we'll be plenty.

i've said I thought Thaiday should be a prop in the past but swapping McGuire and Thaiday seems unecessarily complicated.

I agree with you to the extent that moving McGuire would likely upset the existing structures and game plan. At the same time, I feel McGuire would make a very fine back rower: very quick for his size, has a good step, can pass and is strong and determined. He's be excellent running the edges. We could do worse until Glenn returns but then again, as you say in other words, it is unlikely. Oh well

Sincerely doubt Boyd is back for this game. Reports are he's training well but likely to be withheld for a few weeks yet. Rumour is versus the Knights in round 11.

Even with Penrith receiving reinforcements as mentioned, we can take them. I do suspect it to be relatively tight throughout but I see our pack being the difference.

Just smash Soward all night (see: Scott on Thurston) and we should be alright.

What are the lineups? I can't find them anywhere.

The only session for this week is cancelled tomorrow; boys end up with the whole week off.

We have no game this weekend?

What rock are you living under penny? :laugh:

No games, it's rep weekend.

We have no game this weekend?

9ca1d216.gif

haha really? Can't do a standalone weekend for origin but standalone weekend for Int games? Rigged for Warriors.

It's part of an initiative to help the AFL, we spend a whole weekend playing only the worst level of league games.

I agree with you to the extent that moving McGuire would likely upset the existing structures and game plan. At the same time, I feel McGuire would make a very fine back rower: very quick for his size, has a good step, can pass and is strong and determined. He's be excellent running the edges. We could do worse until Glenn returns but then again, as you say in other words, it is unlikely. Oh well

His stint as a lock for Samoa has caught your eye I see. 8 months ago you were not so sure ! I'm not criticising ,just it's good to see other another poster realising I was not insane for suggesting McGuirs could be a wide running second rower or lock forward.

McGuire is playing hooker for Samoa this weekend lol look out Macca!!

His stint as a lock for Samoa has caught your eye I see. 8 months ago you were not so sure ! I'm not criticising ,just it's good to see other another poster realising I was not insane for suggesting McGuirs could be a wide running second rower or lock forward.

Yes, it did catch my eye, and from memory I mentioned he did really well there. I think back row is a very good position for Josh. I'd love to see hi play there

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • Culhwch
  • Griffo
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • MrTickyMcG
  • RolledOates
  • Broncs1459
  • johnny plath
  • Manlyman
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.