Round 9 - Penrith Panthers - Pre Game discussion

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Penrith are expecting Segeyaro, Soward, Taylor and Whare to be back for this game.

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
I can't forget Thaiday's terrific performance as prop in the Roosters game.

Assuming everyone is fit and available:

Kahu
Boyd (alternating with Kahu)
Copley
Hodges
Oates
Milford
Hunt
Thaiday
Macca
Blair
McGuire (Strong, fast and a good step)
Gillett
Parker

Kodi
Wallace
Garbutt
Another prop

i've said I thought Thaiday should be a prop in the past but swapping McGuire and Thaiday seems unecessarily complicated.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
No problem. Penrith are a much better side with Soward but we'll be plenty.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
i've said I thought Thaiday should be a prop in the past but swapping McGuire and Thaiday seems unecessarily complicated.

I agree with you to the extent that moving McGuire would likely upset the existing structures and game plan. At the same time, I feel McGuire would make a very fine back rower: very quick for his size, has a good step, can pass and is strong and determined. He's be excellent running the edges. We could do worse until Glenn returns but then again, as you say in other words, it is unlikely. Oh well

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Sincerely doubt Boyd is back for this game. Reports are he's training well but likely to be withheld for a few weeks yet. Rumour is versus the Knights in round 11.

Even with Penrith receiving reinforcements as mentioned, we can take them. I do suspect it to be relatively tight throughout but I see our pack being the difference.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Just smash Soward all night (see: Scott on Thurston) and we should be alright.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
What are the lineups? I can't find them anywhere.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
The only session for this week is cancelled tomorrow; boys end up with the whole week off.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
We have no game this weekend?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
What rock are you living under penny? :laugh:

No games, it's rep weekend.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
We have no game this weekend?

9ca1d216.gif

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
haha really? Can't do a standalone weekend for origin but standalone weekend for Int games? Rigged for Warriors.

It's part of an initiative to help the AFL, we spend a whole weekend playing only the worst level of league games.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I agree with you to the extent that moving McGuire would likely upset the existing structures and game plan. At the same time, I feel McGuire would make a very fine back rower: very quick for his size, has a good step, can pass and is strong and determined. He's be excellent running the edges. We could do worse until Glenn returns but then again, as you say in other words, it is unlikely. Oh well

His stint as a lock for Samoa has caught your eye I see. 8 months ago you were not so sure ! I'm not criticising ,just it's good to see other another poster realising I was not insane for suggesting McGuirs could be a wide running second rower or lock forward.

kingpest

kingpest

QCup Player
Apr 14, 2013
McGuire is playing hooker for Samoa this weekend lol look out Macca!!

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
His stint as a lock for Samoa has caught your eye I see. 8 months ago you were not so sure ! I'm not criticising ,just it's good to see other another poster realising I was not insane for suggesting McGuirs could be a wide running second rower or lock forward.

Yes, it did catch my eye, and from memory I mentioned he did really well there. I think back row is a very good position for Josh. I'd love to see hi play there

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Clintos
  • RolledOates
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • mitch222
  • Johnny92
  • Big Del
  • pennywisealfie
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.