Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

So to demonstrate your knowledge of the game and the season you decided to boast over a two point loss?

Weak.

If you're looking to compare where we were at last year vs this year then today's loss mirrors the result up in Townsville last year (Round 10).

We lost that one 31-20 and that was at full strength and being in it at half time.. there's plenty of time to get our heads screwed back on :takdir:

That first half was the worst half of footy we have played in 2 years.

It is time for Kahu to take over the goal kicking full time.

We couldn't buy a penalty in that last 15 minutes. Maloney flopped on us several times. Fifita was constantly having second digs (in fact it took a 3rd dig to get us a penalty)

Waddell is way too slow at this level. Macca hasn't got the fastest service by Waddell makes him look like speedy gonzalis. In fact he very nearly threw 3 forward passes because our forwards kept over running the ball.

This game had better be a wake up call for the guys.

I agree with Pete. You know a broken clock is right twice a day. I think he is referring to ppl potting the side then when it finally happens they want to beat their chest and tell the world.

Wasn't it Spike Milligan who had "see, I told you I was sick" engraved on his tombstone.

show me one poster here who was aimlessly rubbishing the broncos over the last few weeks? Some people have simply been pointing out that the side hasn't actually been playing all that great despite the wins ... When you put forward actual reasons for that and someone responds with a dismissive two-word insult, you're going to remind them of that when the proof is there.

if someone thinks standing up for yourself is petty and weak, I wish them luck

Last edited:
show me one poster here who was aimlessly rubbishing the broncos over the last few weeks? Some people have simply been pointing out that the side hasn't actually been playing all that great despite the wins ... When you put forward actual reasons for that and someone responds with a dismissive two-word insult, you're going to remind them of that when the proof is there.

I have to agree, I think to some extent Huge, Bull Shark, Rnka and myself were doing exactly this. And I made the same point as BP in my earlier post that until our halves show that they have the capacity to stay cool when the heat is on, take the right options and close games out, we are not a legitimate premiership hope. Hunt's form in particular is worrying.

if someone thinks standing up for yourself is petty and weak, I wish them luck

Yeah my days of getting involved in those types of arguments are long over (see ya Ap). I was simply agreeing with another poster.

McGuire to be suspended for headbutting Gallen's elbow.

Last edited by a moderator:
if someone thinks standing up for yourself is petty and weak

No I find that admirable.

Waiting a week, at an inopportune moment to say 'I told you so' is what it is.

Wadells errors were mainly because of his inexperience with the team and them overrunning it and him feeling pressured to pass it. Remember we were all bagging eden then the following week he did his job, the same should happen to wadell.

The halves still need that big game experience, just remember they are both still young(and missing a member of the spine) and have only experience a couple high pressure games(Grand Final and some golden points). Teams like the cowboys have that experience with Jt and that is why they won last year. Our kicking game wasn't as good at times as imo in some of those situations Macca would of taken the kick.

Our defence in the first half missed macca and blair. It just lacked that aggresion of blair and the workhorse of Macca, not to get me wrong but wadell was quite good in defence. The first half is what killed us. Oh yeah and noone mentioned this but glenn did come off and I think that limited our chances as he is a major part of that left side.

Like I predicted in the lead up to the game Roberts had a great game after the birth of his child, he just has pure speed. The two games we have lost this year were against sides that love to offload and therefore we are always back pedalling. Goal kicking is what cost us game as well as above, so hopefully WB just gives it to Kahu.

It would of been good if we got the comeback. We should enjoy the week off, working on combinations and attack, and hopefully Macca can get some of Reed and Oates medicine and be back soon.

No I find that admirable.

Waiting a week, at an inopportune moment to say 'I told you so' is what it is.

Oh right.. in future I'll wait until the wise, all-knowing moderator tells me its ok to stand up for myself..

lol, smh

Nothing more petty than people being precious on the Internet. Move it along boys.

It's fine to compare them, but not on a game where they're playing different positions lol, defending on the wing vs defending in the centres are completely different things, if Reed was forced to play on the wing he'd be dropped to Queensland Cup within a fortnight.

You have completely missed the point anyway but I'm sure you've done it intentionally. Every single week Reed and Kahu play different positions and every single week they are compared and one is considered better than the other based on that particular game or any other time they've played together. Only one of them avoids criticism when he has a shit game (and he's had a few this year) whilst the other one can't make an error without having ten posts saying he's not first grade material. I can tell you one thing, Reed has had more good games at centre than Kahu has. Or are we only considering their first 8 games in the position?

You have completely missed the point anyway but I'm sure you've done it intentionally. Every single week Reed and Kahu play different positions and every single week they are compared and one is considered better than the other based on that particular game or any other time they've played together. Only one of them avoids criticism when he has a shit game (and he's had a few this year) whilst the other one can't make an error without having ten posts saying he's not first grade material. I can tell you one thing, Reed has had more good games at centre than Kahu has. Or are we only considering their first 8 games in the position?

Can you help me out, I'm having trouble figuring out which agenda this is, is it that Reed is underrated and actually a highly valuable member of the team, or is it that Kahu is overrated.. or is it that Reed is bad but Kahu isn't the long-term answer.. Or potentially all of the above.

Waddell by no means lost us his game but I think we have better options. McGuire has played hooker for Samoa and I laughed when I saw the team sheet but he did quite well, good service to the halves and made good runs from dummy half as well, he is quicker than Waddell. Alex Glenn has done it for us before also but to be fair Berrell should be playing. He was great last year in the u20's and although I haven't seen him play for Norths this year I believe is deserves a chance

When Bennett signed Adam Blair last season we all thought the worst but he days like today it's obvious what Bennett saw in him he is invaluable to this side. Never doubting a Bennett decision ever again!

parker is the best lock in the country and will be a Bronco great if he isn't already but the man has to through the kicking tee away

The two young props are getting better and better every week, alot of Wallace haters around but I hope he is re-signed soon, he reminds me of Maguire when he started out. how good was Roberts line break when he just beat everyone with speed he is gonna do great things for us in the years to come

Just finished watching the game. My mum spoiled the result before hand (the god damn bitch) but despite the loss I was absolutely stoked with that second half effort. Really, really, really hope we pay those c-bombs at full strength in the finals so we can absolutely crush them.

Oh, and Parker will surely have relinquished goal kicking duties by then.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.