RUMOR: "Biggest signing in the club's history"

I feel Reeds defence is at its best when letting a player get on his outside.... He is quite good at giving his opposite that space and then closing it quickly.

Where he really struggles is against an opposing centre with good, or any, footwork. He is quite often, most times actually, beaten on the inside, or beaten with footwork. Plants his feet very early.

He does work hard on his defence in this particular area though, and it remains a real weak spot for him.

This. Ferguson was one of the rare few to get past outside him and that was because he was covering Milf who has RTS coming at him. Plenty get outside him, but not through, 95% of the time he'll grass them with a dragging tackle.

Since you're outrightly refuting the statement, why don't you provide some evidence to the contrary. Reed gets outclassed by any centre worth a damn, probably at least 8-10 opposing centres. So when there's up to a 50% chance you're 'defensive centre' will get beaten (and when he does, it's badly), then that's an issue.
This isn't even my argument, but when you make a ridiculous claim like "If you get on his outside, you are pretty much guaranteed a try" the burden of proof is on the person making the ridiculous claim.

Reed gets outclassed by any centre worth a damn, probably at least 8-10 opposing centres.

We've played 8 games this year, so he's come up against 8 centres, which ones have outclassed him? Name some. If you're making claims, you should have some substance to back them.

So when there's up to a 50% chance you're 'defensive centre' will get beaten (and when he does, it's badly), then that's an issue.
Where'd you pull that percentage from? Statistically, there would have been 100+ times minimum that the opposing team have run at Jack Reed, how many trys have been conceded on his side of the field this year? And even then, that's assuming all trys conceded are entirely his fault.

We've played 8 games this year, so he's come up against 8 centres, which ones have outclassed him? Name some. If you're making claims, you should have some substance to back them.

We may have played 8 games, but Reed hasn't ...

but this thread isn't about how shitty Reed is ... It is about how shitty a signing GI would be for us

Last edited:
As the old saying goes, form is temporary, class is permanent. I would have Inglis over Reed any day of the week at left center. I have no doubts Wayne would get him playing better and bring back his confidence. He isn't the only player at souths out of form and looking unhappy.

As the old saying goes, form is temporary, class is permanent. I would have Inglis over Reed any day of the week at left center. I have no doubts Wayne would get him playing better and bring back his confidence. He isn't the only player at souths out of form and looking unhappy.

So would I ... but we need to remember that their price tags are vastly different. Getting Inglis won't just cost us Reed (if it did i would be all for the signing), but the signing would also likely cost us 1 or 2 other very good players, maybe even some talented youngsters. all for the sake of squeezing the last couple of years out of GI's busted body.

IMO, we are far better off trying to re-sign the squad we have (some of which will need decent upgrades) and having faith with the centers/wingers we have. I think we have a very good replacement for Reed already on the books, in Kahu. and we have some speedy centers and wingers in the lower grades that with some experience could serve us very well in the future

How much is everyone predicting Bennet to pay Inglis? He will have no problems getting more third party $$$ in Brisbane you would think. Caps going up as well... And what does everyone think the NRL will assess Inglis market value as?

So would I ... but we need to remember that their price tags are vastly different. Getting Inglis won't just cost us Reed (if it did i would be all for the signing), but the signing would also likely cost us 1 or 2 other very good players, maybe even some talented youngsters. all for the sake of squeezing the last couple of years out of GI's busted body.

IMO, we are far better off trying to re-sign the squad we have (some of which will need decent upgrades) and having faith with the centers/wingers we have. I think we have a very good replacement for Reed already on the books, in Kahu. and we have some speedy centers and wingers in the lower grades that with some experience could serve us very well in the future

For or the right price, Inglis would be a no brainer. I don't think at this stage in his career it would be worth paying him huge money though.

Agree totally about Kahu replacing Reed. Would like to see Opacic outside of Roberts personally, or even Anderson if he can step up a bit. Eden has done well, but I still have a nagging doubt about him, he has had a habit in his career of making a lot of errors.

I don't care how cheap he comes. Greg Inglis''s card should have been marked "never to play for the broncos" after he fucked us over. He can rot at Souths with Rusty and the Burgesseseseses

Gee Tom you seriously have no idea it was our own players who told him not to sign. Ie QLD origin broncos. Lockyer, Hodges, Thaiday, Parker etc because Henjak was an arsehole. You know the term mates looking out for mates.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Or maybe I don't give a shit. How hard is it to man up and say you're not coming instead of fucking us around til there's nobody else to sign. I don't even know if that's true, it's never been confirmed by anyone. Oh you don't count btw.

Re: RUMOR: "Biggest signing in the club's history"

Tom welcome to the real NRL world. You know how Barba was on the sterlo show saying he was happy at the dogs. 24 hours later he announced he was coming the broncos. You need to wake up to the world of sport now. Its school yard games anymore.

I got a couple things to add.

1 in January 2017 Greg Inglis turns 30. What is the salary cap rules this year surrounding players who turn 30 or Veteran level as its known?

2 alright knowing hes turning 30 in 2017. Then in 2018 we have pretty much a cap doubling how do we pay him? 2017 he gets less but then in 2018 onwards could he get more?

Interesting times ahead we have a long list of players off contract in 2017 just before 2018 cap raise. Its gonna go off like wildfire. People will lose the plot everywhere.

Last edited:
Please tell me more about the " Real NRL world" Dan, I'm ever so curious. What's the scoop on Inglis too? Is he coming or not?

Tom welcome to the real NRL world. You know how Barba was on the sterlo show saying he was happy at the dogs. 24 hours later he announced he was coming the broncos. You need to wake up to the world of sport now. Its school yard games anymore.

Barba is different to Inglis ... the Bulldogs had to know about it first, he was under contract to them, so had to be released

uploadfromtaptalk1461603766802.jpg
Lurker today the worst kept secret.

How good would it be to have a class centre with fucked knees next to our class winger with what some are calling, fucked knees. I know I can't wait.

He's old, he's done.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.