RUMOR: "Biggest signing in the club's history"

AceAv

AceAv

BRL Player
Apr 3, 2014
Any "big rumours" announced on a sleepy Sunday have 0 merit.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Far from being the biggest signing in bronco history but James Roberts just officially requested a release.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Far from being the biggest signing in bronco history but James Roberts just officially requested a release.

Yeah, I doubt Dobbo was talking about that.

I don't think he is that stupid.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Current club captain though so I'd be shocked if they released him to sign Burgess.

.....and agreed, not interested in him. We made the GF without him FFS, not required imo

Well we did make the GF without him, and we would have won it with him

AceAv

AceAv

BRL Player
Apr 3, 2014
Well James Roberts is a player I barely glimpsed at -but looking at his highlights reel on youtube he actually is a good replacement for Hodges. Big stride and has Hodges speed as a youngster -nice fend and ball handling skills too.

I guess its good bye Maranta?

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Well James Roberts is a player I barely glimpsed at -but looking at his highlights reel on youtube he actually is a good replacement for Hodges. Big stride and has Hodges speed as a youngster -nice fend and ball handling skills too.

I guess its good bye Maranta?
He's probably the fastest player in the game for pure speed and acceleration.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
He's the fastest Rugby League player I've ever seen.

C

charbel

NYC Player
Nov 8, 2015
He's the fastest Rugby League player I've ever seen.
Without a shadow of a doubt. I'm sure there's been the rare budding u20's player with his pace, but no bona fide nrl player. He's electric, and this signing would have me salivating.

I remember the first time I saw him debut for the rabbitohs Toyota cup team on fox as I tuned in.

They made mention he was Amos Roberts relation. Second touch of the ball I saw him get, scored a 110m try from his own in goal.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Without a shadow of a doubt. I'm sure there's been the rare budding u20's player with his pace, but no bona fide nrl player. He's electric, and this signing would have me salivating.

I remember the first time I saw him debut for the rabbitohs Toyota cup team on fox as I tuned in.

They made mention he was Amos Roberts relation. Second touch of the ball I saw him get, scored a 110m try from his own in goal.

Yep, he's just on another level to everyone else speed wise.

I love they way he started to use his speed to get on the outside of his opposite centre, draw the opposite winger in and put his own winger over in the corner this year.

Not getting my hopes up until he has signed.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Well we did make the GF without him, and we would have won it with him

His positioning is terrible for a centre. I can only imagine how it would be at the back.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Are we sure we are not taking "biggest" into context here. We could be signing Kasiano or Georgie Rose for all we know :laugh:

Unread

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.