RUMOUR: Eels interested in Hunt

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
if we lost hunt i would want us to go and sign an organizing/kicking half. i dont see how johnson would give us anything we don't already have in milf and hunt.

Johnson is just Hunt with a better kicking game and a better step. So another Milford.

He is also inconsistent. Far too inconsistent to splash out the kind of money we would have to spend to bring him here.

He wouldn't be the organizer everyone says we desperately need.

He'll step up in the final 10 minutes of the game.. Maybe. It depends on his mood.

Shaun Johnson is one of the most overrated players in the game. Definitely one of the most overrated halves.

Last edited:
MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2013
This is some Facebook rumor garbage, the same joint has Napa coming to us. I think if they spew enough garbage rumors up one will eventually be right.

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
Yeah colour me gobsmacked if SJ ever becomes a Bronco.

IMO the player to regress this year has been Milford, he needs to find his love for the game, been a while since we saw his smile.

If Hunt stays on in replace of any other half he needs to add more to his game IMO. I love the guy, loves the club but we need more from him. Hope we keep him though!.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Why would we want to get rid of a bloke who pretty much is the reason we made the grand final in 2015. People hate on him way too much because of his dropped ball. Let's not forget, with 30 seconds to go Milford just needs to take a tackle instead of passing to Hunt, who had the ball stolen. Milford takes the tackle we play out the set - different story.

Bennett won't let Hunt go, and to whomever said the only clubs chasing Hunt would be the struggling ones is crazy.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Why would we want to get rid of a bloke who pretty much is the reason we made the grand final in 2015. People hate on him way too much because of his dropped ball. Let's not forget, with 30 seconds to go Milford just needs to take a tackle instead of passing to Hunt, who had the ball stolen. Milford takes the tackle we play out the set - different story.

Bennett won't let Hunt go, and to whomever said the only clubs chasing Hunt would be the struggling ones is crazy.

In case you missed it, most people have well and truly moved on from that, people are hating on him because he has arguably the worst kicking game and decision making of all the "Good" Halfbacks, and hasn't made any improvements in either aspect over the last couple of years. He still knows how to get through the line and set up a try, but you need more than that in this day and age.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That's simply not true. He still has flaws but you cannot honestly say his kicking game hasn't improved.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
That's simply not true. He still has flaws but you cannot honestly say his kicking game hasn't improved.

I'm pretty comfortable in that stance, he certainly kicks just as many grubbers into the legs of opponents as his first full season at Halfback, potentially even more. His only reliable kick still remains the bomb from 40 metres out.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Need a repeat sets stat. I think that's going to be the only type of stat that will prove it one way or another.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I'm pretty comfortable in that stance, he certainly kicks just as many grubbers into the legs of opponents as his first full season at Halfback, potentially even more. His only reliable kick still remains the bomb from 40 metres out.

I'll admit his short kicking game has been in a bit of a funk the last few weeks, but as an overall package he is one of the better short kickers in the game. His long kicking game was highly critised early in his career, but that has certainly improved. Again, not the best overall kicker, but that's not the major strength of his game, but for some to say only the struggling clubs would be interested in him is a gross mis-service to his ability.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Clubs that Hunt would walk into as halfback:

1. Sharks
2. Eels
3. Bulldogs
4. Tigers
5. Dragons
6. Knights

Hardly all struggling teams.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I'll admit his short kicking game has been in a bit of a funk the last few weeks, but as an overall package he is one of the better short kickers in the game. His long kicking game was highly critised early in his career, but that has certainly improved. Again, not the best overall kicker, but that's not the major strength of his game, but for some to say only the struggling clubs would be interested in him is a gross mis-service to his ability.

This is prety standard for on here though really. Remember the whole "No-one else would sign McCullough" rubbish?

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Need a repeat sets stat. I think that's going to be the only type of stat that will prove it one way or another.

Supercoach stats have him as forcing 12 dropouts this year, compared to 11 last year.

As a comparison, Thurston topped the count with 26 this year, Widdop had 25. Milford had 13.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014

Milford didn't pass to Hunt. Feldt knocked it out of his hands also. Forward, I might add.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Clubs that Hunt would walk into as halfback:

1. Sharks
2. Eels
3. Bulldogs
4. Tigers
5. Dragons
6. Knights

Hardly all struggling teams.
Not to mention that if he was off contract clubs like the Storm and the Cowboys would likely be interested, as their superstar halves are coming to the end of their careers.

In the mean time the Storm would be unstoppable with a Cronk/Hunt halves combination

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Not to mention that if he was off contract clubs like the Storm and the Cowboys would likely be interested, as their superstar halves are coming to the end of their careers.

In the mean time the Storm would be unstoppable with a Cronk/Hunt halves combination

Who would you play where?

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Considering Hunt took a pay cut to stay with us last time he was up for a new contract (and he had huge interest from Bennett at the knights at the time), I hardly see him walking out on the club unless they let him. Parra can dream all they want

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I would think he's got more brains than to go anywhere near Parra too.

Unread

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.