[Rumour] The Hunt for Karmichael's return to Broncos.

Don't want Hunt back at all. If he wast an ex-bronco we wouldn't really be interested and we seriously need to stop bringing back ex players.

If we want a savior from another code then go after Quade Cooper. Otherwise just save the money and offer it to SJ.

I'd rather pay SJ big money than Hunt. Seriously Hunt can EAD, he fucked us over and has been playing a lame sport for the 3-4 years, it's going to take him awhile to adjust. He also has a huge ego, it'd be horrible to go from Norman to Hunt, even if Hunt was once upon a time a lot better.

Quade is too soft and has an attitude problem.

KHunt may or may not have an attitude problem, but there is no way anyone can call him soft with those kick returns.

**** I miss that. Watching clips of KH back in the day really shows how average Corey Normal is.

Why does everyone on here seem to hate him so much? :001_unsure:

Because he took the money, and no one here would ever do that. :winky:

Also, we were planning on building our future team around him, and then he just up and left.

Last edited:
I don't hate Hunt, I am just not convinced he still has the skills to come back and succeed. He might require time to get back into things and he was never a league half anyway. And at 26 why take the risk. I think people only want him back because he used to be good for us. Not at all convinced he would return and be good for us, and not really keen to take the chance. Just sign SJ FFS.

I'd prefer Johnson or DCE too, but we likely won't even get a shot at them until their contracts run out in 2+ years. I seriously can't stand the wait and see approach while Peter Wallace and Scott Prince/Ben Hunt dud it up for another 2 years.

Exactly. If we could sign someone better then sure pull the trigger. But its looking likely we both can't and won't. So yep I'm in bring home KHunt bracket.

I don't hate Hunt, I am just not convinced he still has the skills to come back and succeed. He might require time to get back into things and he was never a league half anyway. And at 26 why take the risk. I think people only want him back because he used to be good for us. Not at all convinced he would return and be good for us, and not really keen to take the chance. Just sign SJ FFS.

I'm not convinced he'll be a half, but we're short a FB for next season at this stage. He would absolutely succeed again as a league FB. And at 26 he would still have at least 5 or 6 years in him (barring injury). People want him back because he could have more X-factor than our entire squad for the whole of 2013. I am absolutely convinced he would be great for us.

Totally keen on SJ too though. Why not both? If Barba's coming and can get his shit together; or DCE is willing to make a move up here; THEN we can forget Hunt.

K Hunt was the best fullback in the game until Slater peaked. He'd be one of the few players I'd throw a lot of money at.

I hold no animosity to either Hunt or Folau. In fact, I'd rather they go to another code than another NRL team and contribute to our downfall. And they were getting paid literally 3-4 times what they were on, if anyone tells me they wouldn't do the same, in a career where peak earnings potentially fall within a 10 - 12 year window, I'd call them a liar.

It's been so long since Hunt has even passed a footy, I'm just not convinced he would still have it.

Still, there is merit in signing him. If nothing else we could start entering local Tee Ball comps.

Why does everyone on here seem to hate him so much?

Do you want the reasons in alphabetical order.

Was a complete tosser off the field
Thought he was the Broncos.
Didn't like the way the media treated him over a certain incident. Thought the Broncos treated him badly over the same incident. :001_rolleyes:
You could give him the world & it still wouldn't be enough.
Lastly he is a fuckwit.

Not sure all this "karmichael has a huge ego" garbage is justified. How does he have a huge ego? Do you know him on a personal level? I can understand the assumption that Norman does because more often than not he refuses to pass but hunt was nothing of the sort. He used to throw some phenomenal passes from 2nd receiver, such a great all round player who was passionate. So he got a huge offer chucked in his face when he was 23, you can't blame him for that. Hunt and hodges were insane on the park together. I'd have him back in a heartbeat if the price wasn't ridiculous

The hate is way over the top. He left to get a bigger paycheck like so many other players, including Folau, but people seem to be ready to welcome Folau back with open arms.

I don't want Folau back.

He left because Henjak was a complete nob. And because he knew we don't break the salary cap & give him secret payments. :001_tt2:

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • leon.bott
  • The Strapper
  • Browny
  • eggstar10
  • Swordfish
  • Locky24
  • MrMoore
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • whykickamoocow
  • Foordy
  • mrslong
  • Jedhead
  • Ondi
  • FACTHUNT
  • HVbronco
  • Allo
  • Battler
  • Fozz
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.