[Rumour] The Hunt for Karmichael's return to Broncos.

The hate is way over the top. He left to get a bigger paycheck like so many other players, including Folau, but people seem to be ready to welcome Folau back with open arms.

Yeah this is something I don't get either. When Karmichael signed to play AFL it was obviously for the money, but at the same time you could tell he was excited about the challenge. I never got the same vibe from Folau, so I can't understand how people can excuse his actions and not Hunt's.

The bloke was what, 23? After breaking young age records and achieving everything in the game (Origin wins, premiership, etc etc) people seriously hate him for chasing more coin and another challenge? Please!!

It might take him time to get his skills back but he is a real competitor, like Thurston - he would work doubly hard to get it back, of that I have no doubt. People are concerned about his lack of league skills, what about what he's GAINED from AFL - kicking and running/stamina skills?? Could be a huge benefit in the NRL, especially from fullback.

I'm not going crazy like "OMG FMD FTW HES' EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED!!1!1" - but he could be a massive boost for us. We do need an X-factor player, and he *could* be it. He was one of the best in the game; he may not get back to that, but he'd be a damn sight better than Norman is now. What if he does get back to kick it with the likes of Slater and Inglis? It'd be a huge improvement to our team IMO.

It's been so long since Hunt has even passed a footy, I'm just not convinced he would still have it.

Still, there is merit in signing him. If nothing else we could start entering local Tee Ball comps.

Well that certainly applies to most of the Broncos ...

Just watching the soccer. Soccer or no, it's so good to see a ball being constantly passed to runners in position, always running, always in support.

Hmmmm, where's Kemp?

As for Hunt being our future captain, we've had 2 seasons after he left still with Lockyer in the side, and then almost another 2 without Lockyer now. So 4 years in total. You'd think by now the management would have found another candidate, but they didn't. If they didn't sit there twiddling by thumbs for 4 years, we would have been in a better position now and no one would be as upset about Hunt leaving.

As for Hunt being our future captain, we've had 2 seasons after he left still with Lockyer in the side, and then almost another 2 without Lockyer now. So 4 years in total. You'd think by now the management would have found another candidate, but they didn't. If they didn't sit there twiddling by thumbs for 4 years, we would have been in a better position now and no one would be as upset about Hunt leaving.

This. Well put. Telling point

Not sure all this "karmichael has a huge ego" garbage is justified. How does he have a huge ego? Do you know him on a personal level?
i was friends with people who did know him well, even some of his "cousins", and he very much did have a huge ego.

and lol at people still clinging to the dream that he was even remotely as good as slater in any way, let alone better.

The hate is way over the top. He left to get a bigger paycheck like so many other players, including Folau, but people seem to be ready to welcome Folau back with open arms.
Not comparable.
Folau left for the money on offer, which was irrefutable really, especially given the huge pressure his family and religion put him under, but he didn't stuff us around and let the Broncos at least know it on time for them to take action on the market, which allowed us to go after Inglis (regardless of the outcome of that). Although he was contractually forced to say the "new challenge" dribble by the AFL, his demeanour and his feelings towards NRL were well known, and at this point the insider rumour is that he would rather return to the NRL, as long as the money is on a similar level.

Khunt held the Broncos on a string for a long time, fully knowing we were banking on him staying and becoming "our future", causing us to loose important players, such as Civo amongst others, so that we could retain him. He also made sure Origin was over before making the announcement, unlike Folau who left it to the powers that be.
Khunt also always maintained that it was the challenge of performing at elite level at different sports, blah blah, while everyone in his close circle knew the money was the reason.

I have respect for the first, but none for the second.

i was friends with people who did know him well, even some of his "cousins", and he very much did have a huge ego.

and lol at people still clinging to the dream that he was even remotely as good as slater in any way, let alone better.
Don't even think about going there. That discussion is simply not happening!

he seems happy to just milk the cash at the suns and have zero responsibility. he's the worst afl player going around but no one says anything because he's a high profile code hopper.

I'd support a home grown Bronco alumni in a heart beat.

Barba, Folau, Smith, DCE, SJ... they were made by other clubs.

The Broncos made KH a star from 17 years old.

If only...the partnership of Hunt and Hunt.

Surely that would put us in the Hunt for the premiership.

i honestly cant believe people STILL think kHunts future was in the halves lol. he was not and never would have been a playmaker in any sense of the word.

he could pass right to left in a 2nd man play well enough, ill give him that. he could put in a decent grubber too. anything else, not a chance.

I don't think Hunt could come back and play in the Halves. I always thought he would end up in the backrow a bit like Luke Lewis. That said he could probably still play fullback given how much fitter he would be and how he would still be pretty good under the highball. I doubt he will come back and I think we can do better if we want to.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.