Scott Prince Announces Retirement

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I'll never forget the sound of Prince's leg breaking right in front of me at ANZ Stadium in 2001. It was one of the most sickening things I've seen and heard.

It was like a tree branch cracking.

Seconds before it happened, I took a bite of my lunch, then heard the sound & I started dry retching. (no it wasn't the lunch that caused it)

Last edited:
Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Perhaps Prince has 'officially' retired from next year which frees his money up in the salary cap but the Broncos are keeping him on in 'another capacity' and paying a 'wage' for errrrrmmmmm...........cleaning the toilets or watering the grass........or something.

My guess is he could be coaching the young halves at the Broncos

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
First lesson should be kicking behind when the defence is rushing up and in.

edit: but I do echo others in their footballing obituaries of Prince, had a wonderful career all things considered and did just about everything there is to do (sans dally m/golden boot).

Last edited:
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
He has had a great career and has achieved everything the game has got to offer but he is well past it now and it's good too see he can notice that and can retire with dignity.

Farewell Scott

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Maybe Prince will be at the club in some other capacity, like halves coach or something. We certainly need someone with a clue to do that, and Prince certainly has the smarts and proven track record for the job...

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Though he might retire this year, I suspect the 2nd year on his contract was club option rather than player option.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe Prince will be at the club in some other capacity, like halves coach or something. We certainly need someone with a clue to do that, and Prince certainly has the smarts and proven track record for the job...

Yeah, agreed. He has obviously declined with age, but that's natural. Between 2005 and 2010ish, he was one of the best in the world. I wouldn't mind him mentoring Hunt next year.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
A bit of Nostradamus here from a couple months back .

'I suspect Wallace will either move on at years end or end up playing for Norths/Ipswich whatever. Prince will finish this year.'

Just proves that every now and then the sun shines even on a dogs arse !

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
Milford has played 1 game in the halves at NRL level. Let's not get too carried away of the supposed "massive upgrade" in the halves for next year.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
There's every chance we haven't signed any one for next year. Hook wanted prince to keep playing. 2014 might be even worse lol. No halves, no goal kicker and no fullback either

Oh I hope I'm wrong

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Yeah, agreed. He has obviously declined with age, but that's natural. Between 2005 and 2010ish, he was one of the best in the world. I wouldn't mind him mentoring Hunt next year.

Absolutely. It's unfortunate for him the players he's had in his way through his career - any other era he would've played more rep footy. I'd love to see him stay as a coach, we are in desperate need of someone to mentor Hunt.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Behold
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • Bucking Beads
  • Scdeac
  • Harry Sack
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.