Seibold signs with Broncos for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media are flat out guessing now, they can’t even get when Bennett is coming home right, first it was last Wednesday then Friday night then Sunday and now we are at this Wednesday. Literally everything they say right now is just a stab in the grass

If Souths dont stump up the cash, or a significant portion of it, i think you will be right. Having shareholders to answer to makes things difficult for us.
No it doesn't, it makes the Broncos fiscally responsible and has made us the most successful club in the NRL. It also is a big factor influencing the way the club behaves as a whole. It has given me a club I'm proud to support. There's nothing hard for us in the current situation, we have our house in order, a plan for the future and arguably the best coach possible for 2019.

No it doesn't, it makes the Broncos fiscally responsible and has made us the most successful club in the NRL. It also is a big factor influencing the way the club behaves as a whole. It has given me a club I'm proud to support. There's nothing hard for us in the current situation, we have our house in order, a plan for the future and arguably the best coach possible for 2019.

Of course its harder when you have shareholders to answer as things are more complicated and difficult to resolve, because you have to think of the shareholders. If we were owned a single individual who didn't have to answer to anyone, it would simplify things immensely.

Apparently Wayne is back from the UK today so expect an announcement regarding a coaching swap this week.

Clearly, being owned by News and being a public listed company with shareholder responsibilities, is keeping our feet planted firmly on the floor.

A good thing. Not to say the right administration couldn't do the same.

We are profitable with the ability to attract great sponsors and regularly get supporters in numbers to our home ground that our opposing clubs can only dream about. Our games are generally televised in prime time and life is good. This has become the status quo, it’s what is expected and what our board members and others may think good enough.

But are we successful? With all these leg ups, injuries aside, we should always finish in the top two if not four.

Sometimes I do wonder if News had sold us off, like they did with Storm and Cowboys, and profits were channeled back into our football department instead of the owners and shareholders, we may have had more success.

All in all we can and need to do better on the footy field.

Last edited:
Clearly, being owned by News and being a public listed company with shareholder responsibilities, is keeping our feet planted firmly on the floor.

A good thing. Not to say the right administration couldn't do the same.

We are profitable with the ability to attract great sponsors and regularly get supporters in numbers to our home ground that our opposing clubs can only dream about. Our games are generally televised in prime time and life is good. This has become the status quo, it’s what is expected and what our board members and others may think good enough.

But are we successful? With all these leg ups, injuries aside, we should always finish in the top two if not four.

Sometimes I do wonder if News had sold us off, like they did with Storm and Cowboys, and profits were channeled back into our football department instead of the owners and shareholders, we may have had more success.

All in all we can and need to do better on the footy field.

You have heard of the salary cap??

The media are flat out guessing now, they can’t even get when Bennett is coming home right, first it was last Wednesday then Friday night then Sunday and now we are at this Wednesday. Literally everything they say right now is just a stab in the grass

Main squad is back Thursday minus the unsigned guys who won't train because they're not covered if they get injured.

Whilst I agree we are publicly listed company with fiscal responsibilities. I don’t necessarily agree with all the “board standing in the way of paying Wayne out”, “we are public company therefore can’t afford to loose any money” etc.

A premiership winning successful club on the field would make shareholders a hell of a lot more money off the field.

Taking a hit on Bennett’s payout (which I hope gets sorted soon) isn’t new to us, back in 2015/6 etc didn’t the board agree to release Barba, Kennedy etc stumping up big $$$$ over the next 3 seasons, all whilst signing Boyd on good dollars?

That seems a bigger loss than coming to terms with Wayne’s 1 off payout

Main squad is back Thursday minus the unsigned guys who won't train because they're not covered if they get injured.

Any chance TPJ is delaying making it official to extend his holiday and dodge the gruelling first weeks of pre-season lol

Any chance TPJ is delaying making it official to extend his holiday and dodge the gruelling first weeks of pre-season lol

If it were anyone else I'd say yeah probably, but TPJ seems to enjoy training more than anyone else, guy's an animal.

Whilst I agree we are publicly listed company with fiscal responsibilities. I don’t necessarily agree with all the “board standing in the way of paying Wayne out”, “we are public company therefore can’t afford to loose any money” etc.

A premiership winning successful club on the field would make shareholders a hell of a lot more money off the field.

Taking a hit on Bennett’s payout (which I hope gets sorted soon) isn’t new to us, back in 2015/6 etc didn’t the board agree to release Barba, Kennedy etc stumping up big $$$$ over the next 3 seasons, all whilst signing Boyd on good dollars?

That seems a bigger loss than coming to terms with Wayne’s 1 off payout

Agree. Success as a football club directly affects the Broncos' financial performance. If we did have to throw a chunk of money to fix a problem, it'd be an investment, not a crippling loss.

But we're also big / powerful enough, and in a situation, where we can play hardball with Souths and potentially not have to pay an extra cent, which bodes well for not only our bottom line, but our standing as a no-nonsense business.

Q : Who is expecting quick success with seibold ?

The board of directors may have a clause to make quick decisions under a certain figure with minimal vote or support, i do not think money would be an issue if necessary to clean it all up.

I don’t expect a premiership inside his first two seasons tbh. I would want second of week of finals at least though. But I really want to see a noticeable difference in the way we play first

I just hope it's consistent, sick of watching the team play great then turn to shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.