Seibold signs with Broncos for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else worried about this Karl Morris after what has gone down with QSuper?

Q : Who is expecting quick success with seibold ?

We may not win a premiership within the first season, but byjesus it will be a breath of fresh air not having to listen to the ecomanical Bennett throwing tantrums at every opportunity.

I have an bottle of champers chilling in the fridge and just cannot wait to pop open the cork as soon as news comes through the sour **** has been given his marching orders. Any day now.

Last edited:
We may not win a premiership within the first season, but byjesus it will be a breath of fresh air not having to listen to the ecomanical Bennett throwing tantrums at every opportunity.

I have an bottle of champers chilling in the fridge and just cannot wait to pop open the cork as soon as news comes through the sour **** has been given his marching orders. Any day now.
Tantrums? Can you link me to one of these tantrums please. I've been a fan for 27 years and I have never seen Bennett throw a tantrum. He's not Bellamy or Toovey for ***** sake

So we've gone from expecting to be a premiership threat in the next year or two to having to wait even longer before we are going to come close? Talk about going backwards..

Taking a hit on Bennett’s payout (which I hope gets sorted soon) isn’t new to us, back in 2015/6 etc didn’t the board agree to release Barba, Kennedy etc stumping up big $$$$ over the next 3 seasons, all whilst signing Boyd on good dollars?

That seems a bigger loss than coming to terms with Wayne’s 1 off payout
Those would've been covered under the salary cap which is effectively funded by the NRL via the club grants, so it wouldn't have hit the club's bottom line.

So we've gone from expecting to be a premiership threat in the next year or two to having to wait even longer before we are going to come close? Talk about going backwards..

The Broncs haven't really, this is a bit of hyperbole and I dare say you know it. The Broncs are still a premiership threat, no less than they would have been with Bennett. These kids are going to take time to develop, regardless of talent. They will continue to be inconsistent for a year or two yet.

Re-signing these kids long-term, offloading some of the good/really good but not great older heads who are still possibly scarred from 2015 and possibly creating space to bring in a SJ, Maloney, DCE or Smith (preferably) is EXACTLY what this team needs. They need to get in an older head in a key position with a winning mentality (kind of counts SJ out I know).

Macca as an 80 minute hooker will never result in Brisbane being a true premiership threat and that is what Bennett was seemingly planning on continuing to pursue. At the very least, McG and possibly Glenn and/or Kahu being moved on shows the new direction the club is taking should result in removing the complacency that has seemingly crept into the older guys.

In short, I think it is quite easy to legitimately argue that the Broncs have actually gone forwards, not backwards and vice versa.

I feel like the broncos and Wayne Bennett are Australia's equivalent of the Republicans and Donald Trump.

I feel like the broncos and Wayne Bennett are Australia's equivalent of the Republicans and Donald Trump.
i thought you were sober these days, ric?

what a massive pile of shit

i'm left to assume you have confused bennett with bellamy, or you simply don't follow the sport at all

I don't think we should be considered anywhere near a premiership next season after the one we just had.

what a massive pile of shit

i'm left to assume you have confused bennett with bellamy, or you simply don't follow the sport at all

Oh don't get me wrong, I can't fucking stand Bellamy either but at least his coaching techniques are of the 21st century kind. Dinosaur Bennett hasn't got a clue any longer, he is stuck in a perpetual timewarp from the 1980's. If you don't admit we have under-achieved over the past 15 years or so then you are highly delusional. With the rosters and resources we've had at our disposal, and not won a premiership since 2006, Bennett has been proven to be the mythical supercoach that he is. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Last edited:

Dude, you come across full of hatred.

Why would you constantly rant on Wayne like you do when he is one of the main reasons the team you support has been so successful throughout their history. I understand you want change, we all do but do you come across as a Broncos hater actually.

Agree. Success as a football club directly affects the Broncos' financial performance. If we did have to throw a chunk of money to fix a problem, it'd be an investment, not a crippling loss.

But we're also big / powerful enough, and in a situation, where we can play hardball with Souths and potentially not have to pay an extra cent, which bodes well for not only our bottom line, but our standing as a no-nonsense business.

Spot on!!

Q : Who is expecting quick success with seibold ?

I honestly think we will win in the next 2 years.

I am not expecting anything next year. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we go backwards. Seibold has only coached for 1 year at NRL level. For all we know it could have been a fluke from him to make top 4. He was also shown up badly in the Roosters Prelim match, as all Souths needed to do was run traffic at a busted Cronk, and they didn't.

I also think Souths will plummet next year too.

I am not getting myself excited for next season, and I don't like our first 4 opponents. Horrible draw.

Oh don't get me wrong, I can't fucking stand Bellamy either but at least his coaching techniques are of the 21st century kind. Dinosaur Bennett hasn't got a clue any longer, he is stuck in a perpetual timewarp from the 1980's. If you don't admit we have under-achieved over the past 15 years or so then you are highly delusional. With the rosters and resources we've had at our disposal, and not won a premiership since 2006, Bennett has been proven to be the mythical supercoach that he is. Sorry to hurt your feelings.
Completely agree with this. Too many Fanboys here who don't look at things realistically. It is a fact that we have one of, if not the best fascilities in the comp. One club city, huge crowds, louds of money etc, all the things that should attract players to a club and what not. Something has definitely gone amiss. Yes we were close to a premiership in 2015, but honestly, for the most part have any of you really seen us as a more competitive team than the Roosters or Melbourne since Lockyer left? Because I haven't. We have had some players who can be totally brilliant (Hodges, Milford etc) but we haven't had that all star lineup in a long time.

Yes people will say oh its hard to replace someone like lockyer, and yeah, of course it is, but he left a long time ago now, and there should have been a better succession plan too. I know Karmichael Hunt was a big part of that, but he left a few years before lockyer did. The Broncos really should be in the top 4, without fail every year and to deservedly be there. We only made the 8 this year because of some sort of iffy calls (tigers game etc.).

When Bennett left the Broncos were stupid in trying rookie coaches from within the club. They had no idea what they were doing, and were trying to be like Bennett. Bennett is past it. We want someone different and I genuinely believe Seibold could be our answer. Will he deliver a comp? time will tell. But the Broncos need a shake up. And I hope it happens for 2019.

Yet his 80's time warp won him premierships in the 90's, 00's and 10's. You are allowed an opinion but you should probably be more respectful to a man who is largely responsible for the iconic brand that the Bronco emblem represents today. I think I liked you better when you struggled with your English.

Completely agree with this. Too many Fanboys here who don't look at things realistically. It is a fact that we have one of, if not the best fascilities in the comp. One club city, huge crowds, louds of money etc, all the things that should attract players to a club and what not. Something has definitely gone amiss. Yes we were close to a premiership in 2015, but honestly, for the most part have any of you really seen us as a more competitive team than the Roosters or Melbourne since Lockyer left? Because I haven't. We have had some players who can be totally brilliant (Hodges, Milford etc) but we haven't had that all star lineup in a long time.

Yes people will say oh its hard to replace someone like lockyer, and yeah, of course it is, but he left a long time ago now, and there should have been a better succession plan too. I know Karmichael Hunt was a big part of that, but he left a few years before lockyer did. The Broncos really should be in the top 4, without fail every year and to deservedly be there. We only made the 8 this year because of some sort of iffy calls (tigers game etc.).

When Bennett left the Broncos were stupid in trying rookie coaches from within the club. They had no idea what they were doing, and were trying to be like Bennett. Bennett is past it. We want someone different and I genuinely believe Seibold could be our answer. Will he deliver a comp? time will tell. But the Broncos need a shake up. And I hope it happens for 2019.

It is quite common for a team to fall in a heap after having long standing security.

Look at someone like Manchester United - no salary cap, all the money in the world - Ferguson steps down and they haven't gone close in 5 years (after winning it 13 times in 25 years). I think the reality is that the stability of clubs is purely because of the long term personnel and nothing to do with the other "systems" put in place by the board or whatever else. When the long term structures go, there is a tendency to go for whatever worked in the past and that's where I think we've failed - instead of going in a different direction, we've tried to replicate Bennett and his methods albeit with another individual, which has simply resulted in us getting served the same thing except with diminishing returns.

Now we've gotten a second bite of it and we're going in another direction, let's hope we've learnt our lesson and will let Seibold do as he sees fit. Then again it could be like the other flipside wherein coaches/managers/ceo's come in and try and put their stamp on their place of business and it all goes awry. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • marw
  • Gaz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Galah
  • teampjta
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Nerd
  • Mr Fourex
  • Battler
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.