Seibold signs with Broncos for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
coming within one minute is not getting the job done ...

i ask the question again ... how many chances do we give him?

and if people thought we were inconsistent in 2018, we will likely be more so in 2019 once we get rid of a large amount of experience from our pack

Think the last minute of a game is out of the coach's hands and all with the players.
I'm not against change but 2 years is all he wanted, and now people are happy to have those 2 years in rebuilding?
Just my opinion and I know people will call me a Bennett boy but I believe he would've got it done in 2 years.

Seriously we missed a few tackles that would have stopped the play in that last minute. Can’t blame Bennett

Think the last minute of a game is out of the coach's hands and all with the players.
I'm not against change but 2 years is all he wanted, and now people are happy to have those 2 years in rebuilding?
Just my opinion and I know people will call me a Bennett boy but I believe he would've got it done in 2 years.
Im not joinjng this debate but to use the “one minute away from winning it” bs is ridiculous. What happened to the other 79 minutes? The players lost the grand final, just like they have won us 6 premierships. If the coach can get accolades for winning they should be shown the same leeway for a loss...

I think bennett is an amazing coach and i believe he is the only coach who would have got us to that gf, but the tactics in the grand final were poor. Kicking it for touch up by 4 points with 15 minutes to play?

Last edited:
Im not joinjng this debate but to use the “one minute away from winning it” bs is ridiculous. What happened to the other 79 minutes? The players lost the grand final, just like they have won us 6 premierships. If the coach can get accolades for winning they should be shown the same leeway for a loss...

I think bennett is an amazing coach and i believe he is the only coach who would have got us to that gf, but the tactics in the grand final were poor. Kicking it for touch up by 4 points with 15 minutes to play?

Um , you mean slowing the play down to get a set defensive line in there territory isn't the right thing to do ?? He's won 7 premierships, his game plan was fine . The Broncos were gassed and couldn't execute the plays, simple.

But who would be available to take his place in two years, not the coach that they wanted, that's who. I respect Wayne as much as anyone, but at some point you need to get off the swing and give someone else a turn. The board could have made the easy decision and reappointed him, but they chose to do their job , and look to the future.

Last edited:
Seriously we missed a few tackles that would have stopped the play in that last minute. Can’t blame Bennett
This. Our senior forwards in the middle just bounced off JT or hung off him and let him run. We missed 3 before Morgan even got the ball.

I totally get that your similar age bracket to Bennett provides you with the feeling of having some sort of incidental connection to the man. Almost as if you are kindred spirits of sorts. I’m happy that you find comfort in this.

But you need to calm down ol’ timer, go make yourself a cup of tea and maybe a sit out on your porch for some quiet contemplation regarding your unhealthy fascination with Bennett; particularly relating to his age and your feelings of him being persecuted against because of it.

Ask yourself if your views on Bennett are of any real relevance to this forum. Just as your hero has become irrelevant as a result of his vastly outdated coaching techniques, maybe so too have you, particularly considering your great leader will being coaching another team within the next couple of weeks anyway.

Perhaps you might also consider joining whatever Bunnies forums exist to share your extensive, self-proclaimed wisdom with them.

By all means, continue to grace us with your presence and join in the upcoming celebrations as we welcome a man who will no doubt correct the many wrongs that are present within our team, and have been for many years under Bennett’s autocratic rule.

But please do not bore me with your continual displays of pompousness, sense of self-importance and superiority. You otherwise run the risk of being completely and unequivocally annihilated by my words.
You really do write poorly. It was an obvious attempt to appear intellectual yet it was a clumsy and childlike blithering.

Last edited:

That was 2015. How do you explain 16, 17 and 18? It’s been a downward trend.

Reactions: Gaz
That was 2015. How do you explain 16, 17 and 18? It’s been a downward trend.
We let a few broken players go and have a bunch of gigantic 15 year olds learning how to win games against grown men. It's more fun if you look at the amazing things the club has done and not the things we haven't done. Try it

Remember how apparently news broke there were 4 players he wanted to move on? Surely one of those is Boyd. Offers nothing and on big coin.

You really do write poorly. It was an obvious attempt to appear intellectual yet it was a clumsy and childlike blithering.
Cut it out, all of you. That means @FaithinHook and @john1420 as well.

Wanna have an e-peen spelling bee, do it somewhere else, thank you.

We let a few broken players go and have a bunch of gigantic 15 year olds learning how to win games against grown men. It's more fun if you look at the amazing things the club has done and not the things we haven't done. Try it

You’re right. We don’t need premierships to be successful. It’s all about the children.

Um , you mean slowing the play down to get a set defensive line in there territory isn't the right thing to do ?? He's won 7 premierships, his game plan was fine . The Broncos were gassed and couldn't execute the plays, simple.
So again, his team was gassed and couldnt execute the plays-so why do them? Why use tactics that made us more fatigued then the opposition? And again, if you want to use the “he has won 7 premierships” as evidence of his coaching ability (which it is) then losing a grand final does not suddenly have nothing to do with him....

But who would be available to take his place in two years, not the coach that they wanted, that's who. I respect Wayne as much as anyone, but at some point you need to get off the swing and give someone else a turn. The board could have made the easy decision and reappointed him, but they chose to do their job , and look to the future.

I understand that but it's a big punt on someone who has had 1 season as a nrl head coach. Seibold signed elsewhere as soon as he could, surely he would have come after 2020 .
Doesn't matter what is said now but I would be happy to have Wayne see out 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.