Seibold signs with Broncos for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
I just love the fact that 2015 is now this awesome year.

Viewed through the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia.

Did you any of you blokes actually read the crap you posted that year?

I did. It's downright embarassing in retrospect.

Edit: Sorry, clarification. I meant me and my comments, not necessarily you and yours...but still...I think it's a valid point.

Rugby League fans don't do self-reflection very well.

I don’t know about what was posted, but 2015 WAS an awesome year. It just had a horrible ending. It wasn’t spotless, but it was very enjoyable week to week.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
2015 was awesome. It was so great to be rid of Griffin.

Reactions: Dee

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
2015 ended like most other years - we didn't win the Premiership.

What has this even got to do with Seibold?

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
There were simply 3-4 seemingly minor turning points at the end of the game that all went in the Cowboys’ favour. Some were our errors, some were 50/50 or bad ref calls. It’s unfortunate but it’s what cost us the GF, not anything lacking in Bennett’s coaching.

Bennett’s coaching almost always defers to high percentage football. It’s players who didn’t execute. Not because Bennett instilled a game plan that would fatigue them, but because the players fatigued themselves via errors.
And all were against hunt? Penalty, Penalty, Knockon/strip (in regular time), and knockon in extra time. hahaha

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
I totally get that your similar age bracket to Bennett provides you with the feeling of having some sort of incidental connection to the man. Almost as if you are kindred spirits of sorts. I’m happy that you find comfort in this.

But you need to calm down ol’ timer, go make yourself a cup of tea and maybe a sit out on your porch for some quiet contemplation regarding your unhealthy fascination with Bennett; particularly relating to his age and your feelings of him being persecuted against because of it.

Ask yourself if your views on Bennett are of any real relevance to this forum. Just as your hero has become irrelevant as a result of his vastly outdated coaching techniques, maybe so too have you, particularly considering your great leader will being coaching another team within the next couple of weeks anyway.

Perhaps you might also consider joining whatever Bunnies forums exist to share your extensive, self-proclaimed wisdom with them.

By all means, continue to grace us with your presence and join in the upcoming celebrations as we welcome a man who will no doubt correct the many wrongs that are present within our team, and have been for many years under Bennett’s autocratic rule.

But please do not bore me with your continual displays of pompousness, sense of self-importance and superiority. You otherwise run the risk of being completely and unequivocally annihilated by my words.

Not replying to this as I've been asked not to

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Boyd pragmatic about Bennett-Seibold swap saga

Wed 21 Nov 2018, 01:01 PM
Darius Boyd is uncertain whether the potential coaching swap between Wayne Bennett and Anthony Seibold will go ahead but if it does, he insists there is only one approach the Brisbane players must take.
"I am planning on Wayne being here next year and from a personal standpoint I hope he is, and I know all the boys do, but if Seibold comes in it is business as usual," Boyd told NRL.com.
"As players, we are all professionals. If Wayne is here we will do our best under Wayne. If it is Seibold we will do our best under Seibold.
"We will still want to win and be successful and do the best for ourselves, our family, fans and members."
Bennett is set to walk through the arrivals hall of Brisbane International Airport sometime in the next 48 hours and it will usher in the next round of stories on the swap saga.
The veteran mentor, who has signed to take over as South Sydney coach from Seibold in 2020, has been a broken record on his plans for next season ever since the Broncos bowed out of the finals. Before leaving for Europe to coach England he sent a text to all Broncos players stating he would be back in 2019 to honour his Brisbane contract and has reiterated this intention several times since.
If Bennett is to leave Brisbane in the coming weeks it will not be because his contract is abruptly terminated by the Broncos board and he is paid a lucrative sum.
NRL.com understands Brisbane CEO Paul White has no intention of allowing that to happen. The Broncos are comfortable with Bennett being on board for another year, but also cognisant of the fact that if an early switch could be arranged it would be the best outcome for both clubs.
If the situation does change and there is a coaching swap it will be due to high-level negotiations behind the scenes that have a complexity to them beyond the tenure of the head coaches.
When Bennett was brought back to the Broncos in 2015 to replace Anthony Griffin, the total cost to the club was approximately $2 million. There was the pay-out to Griffin but also to players – Ben Barba and Martin Kennedy for starters – and staff who were also moved on due to Bennett's return.
Any swap before the 2019 season would also likely involve potential payouts to staff who are contracted to the Broncos. They have families to support and professional aspirations of their own. These are delicate matters and will involve respectful discussions and frank negotiations.
While plenty of former Brisbane players have been vocal about the need for a swap it is not a straightforward process.
Another factor at play is the Broncos' majority shareholder is Nationwide News, a subsidiary of NewsCorp.
Tallis: Bennett and Seibold must swap now
Bennett's return in 2015 and the subsequent payouts were ticked off by NewsCorp and the company would need to do so again if there is to be any change to the status quo.
Boyd, contracted until the end of 2021 at Brisbane, has only played in the NRL under Bennett at Brisbane, St George Illawarra and Newcastle but he is comfortable with the fact he will finish his career with Seibold as his coach.
Bennett wanted to coach Brisbane in 2020 but the Broncos board did not grant that wish. It is not a decision Boyd would have made, but one he also understands is part and parcel of the game after he himself was forced out of the Broncos at the end of 2008.
"I am obviously biased. I've played with Wayne all my career and I'd love to finish my career under him but that is not going to happen," Boyd said.
Broncos' top five tries of 2018
"More than ever that shows that while rugby league is a game, it is also a business and no one is immune to retirement or being tapped on the shoulder.
"I learned that early on when I had to leave Brisbane.
"I wanted to play my whole career here and never would have left if I hadn't got tapped on the shoulder all those years ago because all I ever wanted to do as a kid was play for the Broncos.
"You get there and hope it will be 'happily ever after' but that is not always the way it works out, but I got to stay with Wayne and follow Wayne and I value the clubs I played for and all the experiences I had along the way."
The pair share an unbreakable bond but that is counterbalanced by Boyd's respect for White. Boyd's development as a leader and his understanding of how the business of rugby league works has informed his pragmatic approach to the Brisbane coaching landscape.
The 31-year-old is also satisfied that White has kept him in the loop about the club's plans to the extent required.
"I think Whitey is a great CEO, the best I have ever had, and I respect him," Boyd said.
"While I would have loved Wayne to stay on Whitey and the board are paid to make business decisions, and they've made them. That is their job. As players, it is our job to play.
"On the outside, whether it be fans or family, they will all go 'what is going on? Is Wayne going to be there?' So it is natural the boys are talking about it.
"A lot of the boys want Wayne to stay but once they meet Seibold I am sure they will form a connection with him as a person and enjoy his methods."
No one is immune to retirement or being tapped on the shoulder.
Darius Boyd​
The former Maroons and Kangaroos stalwart enjoyed his time being coached by Seibold when he was Queensland's assistant coach.
"Anthony was really good. Being Origin it wasn't week-in and week-out but I thought he was really thorough with everything he went through and I liked the way he spoke to the players," Boyd said.
"His resume before Souths and Origin was good. Then you add what he did at Origin level and the year he had at Souths getting (Dally M) coach of the year and he couldn't be in a better position to come to a strong club like the Broncos with a lot of expectation.
"I'm sure he is excited to come, whenever that is, and I am sure he will do a good job when he gets here."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/21...bout-wayne-bennett-anthony-seibold-swap-saga/

Darius has spoken.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Dobbo breaking news 104.5 soon. Wayne?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Lol, i turn on Triple M for 5 minutes to see if Dobbo is saying anything interesting and this is the first thing I hear -

Female host: "Statistically this years schoolies have been the best behaved ever, so, well done."
Dobbo: "You know what I have to say about that? Grow a pair! If you don't get in trouble at schoolies you're not living!"
Female host: "Yeah... Gold Coast police are saying assaults, binge drinking & sexual assaults are down on previous years..."

Fucking clown

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
for those that care here is a summary of what dobbo said on tripple m
  • Bennett/Seibold switch is happening will be announced next week
  • Macca is Brisbane's long term hooker and is highly regarded by higher ups
  • alot of bronco staff members will be loosing there jobs as Seibold will bring his own people in
  • Corey Parker will play a bigger role in broncos coaching next year/ has a good re pore with seibold

must note he also then followed all this up in the end with "gee i hope i'm right"

so as always with dobbo take it with a grain of salt,
he throws a lot of crap out there and just sees what sticks half the time

Last edited:
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
for those that care here is a summary of what dobbo said on tripple m
  • Bennett/Seibold switch is happening will be announced next week
  • Macca is Brisbane's long term hooker and is highly regarded by higher ups
  • alot of bronco staff members will be loosing there jobs as Seibold will bring his own people in
  • Corey Parker will play a bigger role in broncos coaching next year/ has a good re pore with seibold

must note he also then followed all this up in the end with "gee i hope i'm right"

so as always with dobbo take it with a grain of salt,
he throws a lot of crap out there and just sees what sticks half the time

I'll save @Huge the trouble.

rapport
/raˈpɔː/
noun
  1. a close and harmonious relationship in which the people or groups concerned understand each other's feelings or ideas and communicate well.
    "she was able to establish a good rapport with the children"
Cheers
for the update just the same @jd87.
Corey Parkers missus is on that show as well, correct?
It's likely that's where he got that info from.

Last edited:
jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
haha i knew it wasn't right and was waiting for one of you to correct me, all good though :)

I refuse to correct it now though because i'm stubborn

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
He also said we are expected to announce Oates, TPJ and Lodge as long term contracts soon after?

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Yeah Parker can stay away from the coaches box thanks.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I'll save @Huge the trouble.

rapport
/raˈpɔː/
noun
  1. a close and harmonious relationship in which the people or groups concerned understand each other's feelings or ideas and communicate well.
    "she was able to establish a good rapport with the children"
Cheers
for the update just the same @jd87.
Corey Parkers missus is on that show as well, correct?
It's likely that's where he got that info from.
I was more concerned with 'loosing' whatever the **** that is. There ? jobs huh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jeza23
  • Alec
  • levikaden
  • Santa
  • kat00
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Behold
  • Strop
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.