VOTE Should the club roll the dice on Tevita Pangai Jr again?

Would you like to see Tevita Pangai Jr playing for the Broncos again?

• Total voters
No thank you. The bloke is poison.
Backward step in my opinion. I just can't see what value he can add.

He isn't SBW....and his value coming back to the rorters is debatable apart from nedia hype...go back and watch is actual impact. sfa

After the first trial I'd reward a train and trial guy like Patston instead if he goes well in the next trials. Cheaper for longer and more reliable.
Yeah you would assume that this second shot is saying to him, play like you did in game 1 or better and you are in the squad.
Yes, he seems to have the skills. The question is his commitment over an entire season.

Ironic in the context of this thread.

For reference, min wage by mid season would be about 60k.
If we were to pick up TPJ on minimum wage, after he "retired" on $750k, every other club would have a right to call foul.

If we were to pick up TPJ on minimum wage, after he "retired" on $750k, every other club would have a right to call foul.
How much did Penrith pay him for his time there?

Cannot disappoint the fans:

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Baker
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Hetherington
16. Willison
17. Pangai Jr
That was 10 min response.

You made that team list days ago.....didn't you.

IMG 1125

Will be back in NRL mid season..... I heard.

What a fucking farce.

Badel:

1. NRL’s salary-cap auditor would figure a nominal value.
2. Most likely $750,000 - most recent contract
3. Nominal figure divided by 27 (rounds in regular season) = $27,777 per game.
4. Have until June 30.
5. 10 regular-season games = $277,000 in the salary cap.
6. Broncos are rumoured to have that.

I'm not sure about that math. That salary is not just for playing games. It's preseason, etc. Do they get paid separately in the finals: how does that work? Whatever the case, that's probably around the ball park.

Besides all this: do we really want some lazy **** who's skipped pre-season training in the blazing sun to lumber in and clean up nearly 30k a week for coming off the bench for 15 minutes?

Badel:

1. NRL’s salary-cap auditor would figure a nominal value.
2. Most likely $750,000 - most recent contract
3. Nominal figure divided by 27 (rounds in regular season) = $27,777 per game.
4. Have until June 30.
5. 10 regular-season games = $277,000 in the salary cap.
6. Broncos are rumoured to have that.

I'm not sure about that math. That salary is not just for playing games. It's preseason, etc. Do they get paid separately in the finals: how does that work? Whatever the case, that's probably around the ball park.

Besides all this: do we really want some lazy **** who's skipped pre-season training in the blazing sun to lumber in and clean up nearly 30k a week for coming off the bench for 15 minutes?

Its a weak argument.

He left his contract of his own accord. Hes earning big cash from boxing. He has attitude and performance problems. Last chance saloon. Not in main or regular NRL squad if he signs. could continue - but there's no chance they enforce a 750k value on him.

Active Now

• marw
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.