SOO Teams 2010

KrispyKris said:
Man, I was on the QRL website and kept refreshing it...then an hour later, I realised that it will be announced tomorrow.

FAIL.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Classic, Kris, classic.

On the news tonight - selectors seemed to indicate they would be willing to risk Smith's fitness and select him, but not so Ben Hannant.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27138312-5018993,00.html

Manly hooker Matt Ballin will be named as a shadow for Cameron Smith as the Queensland star battles an elbow injury that threatens to end his run of 19 straight Origins.

Taylor, considered for last year's series when he was with the Broncos, is viewed as an impact player capable of busting the Blues on the edges with his size and power.

Greg Inglis and Cowboy Willie Tonga will be Queensland's centre pairing with both Brent Tate and Lote Tuqiri missing out

Tonga and inglis in centre. Folau and boyd wings. this will be one of the best teams ever IMO

Yep, it's looking like it will be the perfect team!

the problem with perfect teams is they can only disappoint or fulfill expectations, lets hope its the latter!

The perfect team would feature Tate and Tuqiri.

QUEENSLANDER said:
the problem with perfect teams is they can only disappoint or fulfill expectations, lets hope its the latter!
Agreed, if they go in thinking "we're the greatest team, we've got 4 in a row" then they'll get done. They should be looking at it from NSW's perspective, which is '...to win at all costs'. NSW will be desperate! NSW already have the shame of being the only side to have lost 4 straight series in the history of Origin - they'll come out all guns firing in the first game! QLD will need to match their game!

I actually like it when we're the underdogs...but it's not our fault that we will have the better team.

We have more to lose, which makes it more exciting.

I think going into the game with only 1 prop on the bench could be a mistake, maybe they are looking at moving Thaiday or Myles there at some stage.

Also, Bolton is more consistent than Taylor, he's a better defender and he could be just as dangerous on the edges IMO, especially with his combination with JT and Tonga.

if we select cronk on the bench its just as laughable as idris. if no injuries occur, where will he play?

I'm guessing they're thinking of having Cronk in the team as insurance in case either Smith or Thurston either can't play or pull up injured during the game.

Bad idea I know.

Even if Smith pulls out and they pick Ballin or Friend, they'll still intend either of them to only play 60-odd minutes and Cronk for 20.

Coxy said:
I'm guessing they're thinking of having Cronk in the team as insurance in case either Smith or Thurston either can't play or pull up injured during the game.

Bad idea I know.

Even if Smith pulls out and they pick Ballin or Friend, they'll still intend either of them to only play 60-odd minutes and Cronk for 20.

Despite the fact that those players are 80 min players? Silly.

80 minutes in NRL is different to 80 minutes in Origin.

we are simply making the same mistake nsw did.... finding a spot for the good players, instead of picking the best players for each position. bolton should be on that bench, or t'eo, not cronk!

Cronk should be on standby for JT, just like Ballin will be on standby for Smith. If they are not 100%, they shouldn't play. A utility shouldn't be a playmaker, that just causes dilemma when they come on and it has rarely worked in Origin in the past.

is there any doubt on thurston at all? he was fine during the warriors game

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • BroncsNBundy
  • RolledOates
  • Cavalo
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.