State of Origin - Game 2 - Post Match Discussion

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
I am following this on from the locked thread as I posted this just after it was locked.
Alec said:
Hopefully for NSW's sake, the Ennis debate will be finally over. He's is TERRIBLE. They looked 1000 times better with Gidley out there in attack, and not to mention the dumbass penalties and errors he gave away.
I disagree. He doesn't play like Smith. Ennis is a worker, defender and organiser and did it very well till he came off. Gidley did his impact and got the ball rolling forward. As soon as Ennis came off Smith scored were Ennis would have been defending. When Ennis came back on he started ball rolling as well with Gidley. So he did his role perfectly.

Yes, Ennis almost cost it again with the Slater hit off the ball but would Farrah been the better player if he was there tonight? I doubt it.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Je$ter said:
Alec said:
Fatboy said:
Dave Neilsen has to go... Useless.

To be fair, so was most of the rest of the team.

Neilsen was shat, at least 4 times someone went across him and he didn't come under it's rice and beans football and he didn't do it. Hodges - Thaiday - Locky combo needed hard.

I'm not saying I rate him or anything, just that it wasn't his fault. I hope Folau comes back to league, him and Hodges on the right shits on anything we can put there.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Farah would have ripped us around the ruck tonight. Glad he wasn't there.

Probs biggest Parker critic around but I thought he was good. Better than Harrison.

Fatboy

Fatboy

QCup Player
Mar 8, 2008
As already has been said. NSW couldn't play any better IMHO. We know QLD can... or maybe NSW just didn't let QLD play any better.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Parker was bloody great when he came on don't know why anyone would even contemplate dropping him.. Oh wait I know. [icon_shru

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I haven't read anything. I don't plan to read anything, I'm sure there are excuses everywhere.

Better team won, NSW deserved it more, and the refs were fine, so don't even bother whinging.

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Can't believe all the people calling for players to be dropped after one bad game. It was uncharacteristic, they'll be right next time. We've got to be loyal like true Qlders, it's worked before. It was the classic "off night" that even the best teams have. Still a proud Qld supporter, we'll make it 6 in a row in Brisbane.

Fatboy

Fatboy

QCup Player
Mar 8, 2008
Nashy said:
I haven't read anything. I don't plan to read anything, I'm sure there are excuses everywhere.

Better team won, NSW deserved it more, and the refs were fine, so don't even bother whinging.

^ Truth. Amen.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
I like Slater, but sometimes I think he goes for the big plays when he doesn't need to. He needs to learn that he doesn't need to attack every bomb. There was one around the 55 min mark where it wasn't really in an attacking posiiton, yet he made a play for it and knocked it on. Would have been better off letting a NSW catch it and then just tackling him imo.

p.s - Karmichael wouldn't have made as may mistakes

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
OXY-351 said:
I like Slater, but sometimes I think he goes for the big plays when he doesn't need to. He needs to learn that he doesn't need to attack every bomb. There was one around the 55 min mark where it wasn't really in an attacking posiiton, yet he made a play for it and knocked it on. Would have been better off letting a NSW catch it and then just tackling him imo.

p.s - Karmichael wouldn't have made as may mistakes

K wouldn't have made a break down to the 10 either [icon_wink

D

dandan

BRL Player
May 3, 2009
Id have to say Yoh Yeh and Nielsen were bad, Id put in Hodges & Tuquri back in & get rid of Hannant and get Costigan to add a bit of grunt...

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Rock gets his one chance in 2 years to gloat, looks like he's making the most of it [icon_lol1.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Queensland had very little in attack. Our halves (thurston in particular) were very quiet.
Thaiday was terrible, attack constantly stopped when he got the ball.
Harrison should have gone off instead of Parker when Cronk came on.
We really need a fit Hodges I think.

NSW were very good.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
I actually wonder if this is the kick in the butt QLD win. They seemed a bit complacent tonight imo. Teams always say they aren't, but if you've won 8 of the last 9 games (or whatever it is), its probably a little hard not to be complacent deep down.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Allo
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • jd87
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncs30
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Stix
  • Brocko
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.