State of Origin Maroon emerging squad

Ch10 news just said Holmes threatened a cab driver and refused to provide ID to police

So were the other 4-5 players named, the article later says that it's an unnamed duo being banned for 12 months.

Unless I've completely misinterpreted the article or something, I dunno how a player can be unnamed if they were literally named a paragraph above.

You're right. I had read it as the other players were involved in the Holmes incident but not breaking curfew, guess I speed read too fast for my own good sometimes.

The other four guys are still under investigation so they could still get banned. Hopefully not Milf

EDIT: But if he does I guess he deserves it(depends on what he did) like Mitchell Pearce does

Last edited:
Bennett will be having a chat with Milf if this is true but I doubt it'll be sternly worded. He'll just remind him of his responsibilities now that he is a superstar of the game.

Dobbo has them all banned for 12 months on TripleM. So they're probably all good?

Managing Director Robert Moore has today confirmed the QRL will exclude two players from its representative programs for the next 12 months.

Cronulla Sharks player Valentine Holmes broke curfew during the Emerging Origin camp and is subject to further investigation by the QRL and NRL Integrity Unit.

Melbourne Storm player Cameron Munster has been excluded solely for breaking curfew.

Moore said it was possible that action would be taken against other players if they were identified as breaking curfew.

Maroons coach Kevin Walters expressed his disappointment today.

“On Saturday afternoon we sat down as a group and spoke about the importance of making the right choices,” Walters said.

“Regrettably, there were some players who made poor choices after we had wrapped up the official part of that day’s program.”

While bitterly disappointed with the actions of some individuals, Walters said he took a lot of positives away from the camp.

“I can see a real chemistry amongst them all,” Walters said.

“Although they come from different clubs and have different backgrounds, they’ve been connected over the years through Queensland Rugby League development programs.”

QRL Statement - QRL

Neither Holmes or Munster have any chance of making the team anyway.

Disagree.

That wing spot is wide open and Valentine is as good a shot as any to make it his own.

Disagree.

That wing spot is wide open and Valentine is as good a shot as any to make it his own.

Maybe but I think Gagai, Chambers and Oates would be ahead of him there.

Maybe but I think Gagai, Chambers and Oates would be ahead of him there.

Gagai and Chambers will certainly get first shot, but all it takes is one injury and all of a sudden we have to debut someone, and the first 2 cabs off the rank on the wing would probably be Holmes and Oates I'm guessing

minor rumours going around that milford and nappa were amongst some of the other players who broke curfew as well but munster and holmes refuse to give up who else was with them.

minor rumours going around that milford and nappa were amongst some of the other players who broke curfew as well but munster and holmes refuse to give up who else was with them.

It was in the article, dunno about it being a minor rumour, they named all players involved.

Munster was definitely no chance, barring horrific injury tolls.

Don't know if it's just me but I always think some Storm players like Munster need to spend time at other clubs till we know how good they really are. Don't get me wrong I like Munster and thought he had a very good first season but guys like Nielson looked like champs at the Storm remember. No hard feelings against Munster or anything I wish him the very best.

Very disappointing from the players involved, especially Milford.

Kevvie got a bus to the Story Bridge Hotel at 8. At 12 players were told we're done let's go home back to the Motel, they were all counted off the bus and then snuck out after that.

Munster and Holmes were the only ones that came forward and put their hand up, no one else has so far. They know there were more and now the investigation begins. They would have been better to be honest.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • the_next
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • mitch222
  • bert_lifts
  • Jazza
  • Culhwch
  • azza.79
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • barker
  • Hurrijo
  • Midean
  • leon.bott
  • rj9
  • Wolfie
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.