Teen Gold Coast sensation Tanah Boyd set to take NRL by storm

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
THE Broncos have a new blond-haired halfback and he is set to take the NRL by storm.

Tanah Boyd is the Gold Coast teenage sensation that has 10 NRL clubs lining up for his signature.

Boyd is only 16 but will wear the Maroons No.7 jersey in Wednesday’s under-18s State of Origin curtain raiser at ANZ Stadium.

Talent scouts believe he is one of the hottest playmaking prospects to come through the junior ranks in recent years.

Allan Langer was Brisbane’s last sandy-haired No.7 wizard but Boyd’s biggest inspiration comes from down south.

“I’ve always looked up to Johnathan Thurston, Darren Lockyer and Joey (Andrew) Johns,” he said.

“I’d love to say I play similar to Joey. I used to love watching him play. I still watch his highlights. I love JT as well. I want to play like him.”

Boyd’s performances at the recent Queensland Schoolboys trials caught the eye of several NRL clubs.

He is contracted to the Broncos until the end of 2018 and is determined to one day wear the famous maroon and gold given he was too young to play in this year’s final under-20s competition.

“I want to play in the NRL,” Boyd said.

“Playing for the Broncos has been a dream of mine since I was little. I’ve always gone for the Broncos. I’m on the right path. I’ve just got to keep working hard and stay at it.
“It would be awesome to stay at the Broncos but wherever I can get a start I’ll go.”

Boyd was born in Penrith but moved to the Gold Coast as a two-year-old, playing junior football for Runaway Bay until his shift into Brisbane’s system last year.

Boyd’s manager Tas Bartlett said the Keebra Park student was one of the most impressive young halfbacks he has ever seen.

“I first saw him as a 14-year-old. He was playing halfback and I said ‘wow’,” he said.

“He’s one of the best halves I’ve seen come through. He’s got a complete game, is tough and loves contact.

“I can envisage him playing first grade at 19 like (Penrith’s) Nathan Cleary.”

Boyd will partner another Broncos-contracted playmaker, Cory Paix, in the Maroons team coached by former Origin centre Josh Hannay.

Boyd’s appearance for the under-16 Maroons last year ended with a loss and he is keen to reverse the result.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...m/news-story/141ed91b25e163d9d672ad1c36879fb3

We couldn't possibly **** up like with Taylor

The other half Corey Paix is also very good. So we are going to have to decide which one to keep pretty soon.

The other half Corey Paix is also very good. So we are going to have to decide which one to keep pretty soon.
What is Cory Paix's favoured position? Which half is rated higher?

I've been away from Runaway Bay and pretty much all Junior footy for a while, might have to revisit that to see what all the fuss is about, or has he moved to Brissy now?

I've been away from Runaway Bay and pretty much all Junior footy for a while, might have to revisit that to see what all the fuss is about, or has he moved to Brissy now?

Been playing for Souths Logan.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Skathen
  • pennywisealfie
  • Santa
  • scobie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.