PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some observations:

1. What a fantastic year, it feels so good to be back, regardless what happens on Sunday. Credit to everyone in the organisation for turning the place around so quickly. A particular mention to Dave D., Kevvie, Ben Ikin and Lee Briers.

2. That was a really mature press conference by Reece Walsh, he handled that with aplomb. He gave Penrith nothing to work with, was completely respectful to the opposition and their key players, but clearly gave the message that he is not intimidated and is embracing the challenge.

3. We play to the standard we know that we can, we will win this game. I hope they train hard, train professionally, but away from that just relax this week. The worst thing they can do as a young team is to play the game in their head repeatedly this week. I hope that the experience of Kevvie, Alfie, Reynolds and Capes will shine through and they will have them nice and relaxed.

4. The pressure is really on Penrith, we have nothing to lose, carpe diem boys.
💯 agree. We’re winners regardless of the result on Sunday. Some “experts” had us missing the 8 this year again. So to get in the GF and have such a dominant display all year, we’re winners.
On the other hand, **** all of the above…
LET’S WIN THE WHOLE THING!!!!!

The Broncos have been to 7 Grand Finals, and won 6 of them.

The only GF I have attended was the one they lost.

I will not be attending this one.

Feel free to thank me this time next week 😂
I've been to 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022, and every team I've backed at those games has lost.

Hoping your jynx cancels out mine....

Honestly I think they would be nervous, Penrith haven't faced nothing like this.

I don't see why they would be nervous.

They couldn't beat Parra last year. Come finals time they tweaked a couple of things and blew them away. They have shown they are more than capable of adapting and perfecting a gameplan to nullify the opposition.

They're arrogant and cocky for a reason. Because they know if they execute their gameplan perfectly, 9 times out of 10 they will win.

Goal for us is to give them a reason to be nervous during the game, but make no mistake they're coming into this game confident of a win.

Well I am going down with this ship I hope we win then we have broken two hoodoos in one Year. I am not paying attention to the reporters just belief in this team. Even though my mum's team is out of the competition she is backing us to win

I've been to 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022, and every team I've backed at those games has lost.

Hoping your jynx cancels out mine....

Then why the **** are you going?

Well you only have one other option now.

Back Panthers. Bring a "Luai is my hero" sign or something. Take one for the team.

vomit GIF

And one afterthought. It appears now that the Seibold appointment was a literal sliding doors moment. I wonder what would have happened if they had appointed Kev in 2019?

Was the pain the club and the young players went through necessary to temper and harden them into what they have become?

I don't see why they would be nervous.

They couldn't beat Parra last year. Come finals time they tweaked a couple of things and blew them away. They have shown they are more than capable of adapting and perfecting a gameplan to nullify the opposition.

They're arrogant and cocky for a reason. Because they know if they execute their gameplan perfectly, 9 times out of 10 they will win.

Goal for us is to give them a reason to be nervous during the game, but make no mistake they're coming into this game confident of a win.
54CBBD29 BBAB 495F 9F40 A4B9D321E43A

And one afterthought. It appears now that the Seibold appointment was a literal sliding doors moment. I wonder what would have happened if they had appointed Kev in 2019?

Was the pain the club and the young players went through necessary to temper and harden them into what they have become?
Nah Seibold is just a crap coach. If Kevvie had joined us earlier, we would be celebrating our 5th premiership in a row this year.

We are waaay better then Penrith, and if both teams play their best we should win easily.

The only weakness we have is our inexperience in grand finals (compared to them being in the last 3). Especially our bench, who we need to hold the middle when they come on. Need Carrigan and Hass to play big minutes, which means the backs have to help them out a lot (Staggs needs to match it with Herbie).

Penrith play like Penrith all the time, do they have an extra gear to go to when the blowtorch is applied? Origin would suggest they don't and we are playing like a fired up origin team. I'm confident.

Just like NSW had a Reece Walsh plan, like Melbourne had a Reece Walsh plan. Similar to how the Warriors had a Reece Walsh plan.
Not even Reece himself has a Reece Walsh plan.

What’s the plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Redux
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Culhwch
  • marw
  • Jedhead
  • Ondi
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Broncosarethebest
  • dasherhalo
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.