PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still maintain the question the media keep asking is the wrong way round and she be - can Penrith actually beat Brisbane? I'm not sure and if they aren't at their best, I reckon they get slaughtered.
To’o is their main try scoring channel and that’s our better defensive side. If we can just put Luai off his game and Staggs can hold on defensively, they’re gonna find it hard to crack us.

I think I’m most concerned about yeo more than anything else.

Honestly I think they would be nervous, Penrith haven't faced nothing like this.
In the video above with Slater, Johns and Fittler their absolutely right Penrith will be sitting down having meetings and watching video on how to shut down Walsh, they will have to change their defensive structures to focus on one player and that player can pop up anywhere.
If they defend up and in on the edges Cobbos catching a Reynolds kick and going over untouched.
If they chase hard from Marker Billy's going straight up the middle.
If they try shut down the offloads that frees up Walsh.

Penrith may be a great champion team but they haven't faced a Broncos team playing Bronco footy.
Then who were they playing earlier this year in Broncos jerseys?? ;)

They don't have the best defence for nothing. They've managed to shutdown almost all attacking teams (except the Eels funnily enough). We've only scored three tries in the two games this year. Granted we're better now but so is Penrith. They were pretty average in the first 13 rounds.

In that earlier video with Slater, Johns and Fittler, have a look at these stats:
Penrith in finals this year total score: 70-10
Brisbane in finals this year total score: 68-12

This GF should be epic.
Against the same two teams too.

Weird how we both had to go through Storm & Warriors. Do we take anything out of the fact we played Warriors with SJ and they played Storm without Coates and Pappy? 🤔

Then who were they playing earlier this year in Broncos jerseys?? ;)

They don't have the best defence for nothing. They've managed to shutdown almost all attacking teams (except the Eels funnily enough). We've only scored three tries in the two games this year. Granted we're better now but so is Penrith. They were pretty average in the first 13 rounds.
They played us once without Walsh and once without Reynolds.. and we managed to win one of those two games.
And I think our improvement since the last time we met is much greater than the Panthers improvement since then.

You can’t be serious picking Gee with the disparity in win loss %

I hope that shits plastered all over social media!
It won't... if it was broncos on the positive side of that stat it would be everywhere... but it won't get a mention because it's a darling Shitney team

This time next week we will either be on top of the world or checking back into therapy. I have little thoughts like that to help pass the time.

Scratch that, it doesn’t help.

I never found that spray bottle and listened to The Best today. Just crank it and pump yaself up. You'll be back to your nervous wreck self in a few hours. Like me. Now.

Just going to kick back and enjoy the week and the game. I didn't think we'd be back on top so quickly after the horror show that was Seibold so won't take our success for granted.

If we win, I'll be absolutely stoked but not going to be overly worried if we lose, given that Kevvie and the Big D have set us up well to be successful in the coming years. Just loving the way we're playing and we have no fear. Bring those fuckers on.

Some observations:

1. What a fantastic year, it feels so good to be back, regardless what happens on Sunday. Credit to everyone in the organisation for turning the place around so quickly. A particular mention to Dave D., Kevvie, Ben Ikin and Lee Briers.

2. That was a really mature press conference by Reece Walsh, he handled that with aplomb. He gave Penrith nothing to work with, was completely respectful to the opposition and their key players, but clearly gave the message that he is not intimidated and is embracing the challenge.

3. We play to the standard we know that we can, we will win this game. I hope they train hard, train professionally, but away from that just relax this week. The worst thing they can do as a young team is to play the game in their head repeatedly this week. I hope that the experience of Kevvie, Alfie, Reynolds and Capes will shine through and they will have them nice and relaxed.

4. The pressure is really on Penrith, we have nothing to lose, carpe diem boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.