PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I won't be devastated if we lose this one. I was bracing for the worst this season after the way we finished 2022.

That said, it does look a lot like it's our season. I have us a penciled in for the Premiership.

We aren't losing this one. It might well be over by half time but I think Penrith are classy enough to prevent the blow out until about the 60th minute.

We aren't losing this one. It might well be over by half time but I think Penrith are classy enough to prevent the blow out until about the 60th minute.
And we've never lost a game this year when leading at half time 😀

I think it basically comes down to whether Reece Walsh has a good or bad game, that’s how good he is. If he fires we are unstoppable.
I reckon it's gonna take all our players to have a great game to win. As good as Wlash is he can't do it on his own.

In saying that, I think the most pressure will be on our centres to step up.

Penrith are going to come out hard and fast looking to end this contest in the first half like they did with Eels. JFH and Leota are going to be looking to bash our forwards. They bashed Paulo and RCG last year who are certainly no slouches.

It's going to be interesting to see how the forwards handle that.

I reckon it's gonna take all our players to have a great game to win. As good as Wlash is he can't do it on his own.

In saying that, I think the most pressure will be on our centres to step up.

For the past couple of months the players have been talking about putting together that perfect performance, that they're working on it.

They are going to need to find it for this game.

Penrith are going to come out hard and fast looking to end this contest in the first half like they did with Eels. JFH and Leota are going to be looking to bash our forwards. They bashed Paulo and RCG last year who are certainly no slouches.

Pfft Paulo and RCG aren't Haas and Flegler and they had nothing like Carrigan either.

You are putting this question the wrong way round, how are JFH and Leota going to handle our three middles, they are on a whole new level.

You are right, Penrith are going to come out throwing everything at it, we handle that first 10, which we will, it will be a bloodbath.

Pfft Paulo and RCG aren't Haas and Flegler and they had nothing like Carrigan either.

You are putting this question the wrong way round, how are JFH and Leota going to handle our three middles, they are on a whole new level.

You are right, Penrith are going to come out throwing everything at it, we handle that first 10, which we will, it will be a bloodbath.
Paulo and RCG are both SOO forwards so that's underselling them a bit.

Penrith are a lot like us in that their wingers and centres are metre-eaters and lay the platform for their forwards, who then lay the platform for their halves and that's hard to stop when they have momentum. To'o averages 200m a match (Herbie 167m) and has quick play the balls. Contain him, it slows their early momentum, forwards are taking hitups flat-footed, get dominated in tackles.

We need to come out aggressive like the Storm game IMO. Bash the shit out of them for 80 minutes but especially that first 20 - just do not let up. I think we can rattle them early, I think the way we play can certainly trouble them, a lot.

What worries me most though is our edge defence, particularly our right, has been sketchy at times this year and I have no doubt will get pummelled every chance they get. Martin will be running at Ezra all night too. I see tries on the edges from weight of possession, particularly if we give them the ball back cheaply. I also fear our lack of experience, the boys were a bit shaky against the Wahs at the start but there was arguably more pressure on them in that game than this one.

I agree with the sentiment this could be a game for the ages, it will certainly be one for the record books...either Penrith make it 3 in a row for the first time in 40 years and in the modern era, or we break that streak and return to our rightful place as premiers for the first time in nearly 20 years and kick off our own streak of premierships!

Our first game against Eels this year if I remember correctly our forwards dominated that eels pack in the first half.

There have been a few games this season the boys just flicked a switch in the second half and just bashed the other team the Roosters game I think it was comes to mind. Penrith may try get over us early but can their forwards match it with us late In the game aswell.

It's going to be interesting that's for sure

I looked at Reyno and Carrigans faces at the Daly M. They mean business. I feel the Panthers will be a bit cocky going into this game and that will be their demise.
Only concern I have at the moment is how early we've ended up in Sydney.

Not sure if they just wanted to get out of the Brisbane hub to settle as a group and focus... create a siege mentality to come in and ambush.

Or if it's usual for interstate teams to head to Sydney this early.

I hate that we got more dally m love than they did. They’re gonna feel snubbed and we will feel superior.

Penrith by 12.

Spongebob Squarepants Ngapa GIF by The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge On The Run

We need to come out aggressive like the Storm game IMO. Bash the shit out of them for 80 minutes but especially that first 20 - just do not let up. I think we can rattle them early, I think the way we play can certainly trouble them, a lot.

What worries me most though is our edge defence, particularly our right, has been sketchy at times this year and I have no doubt will get pummelled every chance they get. Martin will be running at Ezra all night too. I see tries on the edges from weight of possession, particularly if we give them the ball back cheaply. I also fear our lack of experience, the boys were a bit shaky against the Wahs at the start but there was arguably more pressure on them in that game than this one.

I agree with the sentiment this could be a game for the ages, it will certainly be one for the record books...either Penrith make it 3 in a row for the first time in 40 years and in the modern era, or we break that streak and return to our rightful place as premiers for the first time in nearly 20 years and kick off our own streak of premierships!
Agree with all that you've said. I'm content with us being a bit shaky in the prelim, I think that is really good experience and can help get it out of their system. Weirdly I feel like the boys *might* have been a bit more nervous on Saturday night than they will on Sunday. That 15 day build up, the enormous home crowd, the heavy favouritism etc. That pressure is immense.

So much less pressure now. Like you said, I just want them to come out and let rip. Methinks Payne might be a bit perturbed by his points last night and feel like he has a bit to prove

Not sure if they just wanted to get out of the Brisbane hub to settle as a group and focus... create a siege mentality to come in and ambush.

Had to be there for the fan day today. I quite like it, get away from too much time alone/ at home and treat it like a camp. I think it's better for the younger fellas.

Usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.