SPOILER The dynasty begins: The Brisbane Broncos are winning the 2024 NRL Premiership

Yea we do have to time our run well again and try and get points on the ladder early. We play most of the "hard" teams in the first 5-6 weeks. If we can win most of them, we should be in a good position for the rest of the year.
I just think we have to win every game, especially the last one. If we can manage that, everything else will look after itself.

I think the loss of Palasia and Flegler will be the big ones… we have the kids and Baker, as long as they go hard in the preseason, we should be ok.

As for this US farce of a promotion…. As long as they play on grass 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

IMG 0559

Astro Turf is fucked for injuries

I think the loss of Palasia and Flegler will be the big ones… we have the kids and Baker, as long as they go hard in the preseason, we should be ok.
Neither of those two were much chop at the start of last season, but they did finish strongly. Who can say who will finish strongly out of the new crop?

Is the bounce of the ball much more consistent on a flatter surface like astroturf?

Is the bounce of the ball much more consistent on a flatter surface like astroturf?
Maybe but if they do play on astroturf I would think they will have to have different types of boots.
Can't see the current ones with their spikes being suitable.

I'm with you for all of this, my concerns also. Capewell is definitely a loss, of course moreso for his off field presence and leadership but right now if we lose Riki or Piakura, we are in a lot of trouble. Even if we don't, is Piakura ready to be consistently good across essentially 30 rounds? I doubt it.

Then, not only do we have whatever fatigue, etc that Vegas will bring, we will lose a lot to origin this year - Carrigan, Walsh, Haas, Cobbo, Staggs (likely) and possibly Mam (most likely 18th man at least). Do we have the depth to cover these guys? Maybe but probably not like last year. This is on top of no Herbie, Flegs, Capewell, Palasia and likely Sailor anymore.

We could be looking at:

1. Arthars
2. Oates
3. Hoeter
4. Mariner
5. Leota
6. Madden
7. Reynolds
8. Willison
9. Walters
10. Baker
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Mozer/Smoothy
15. Jensen
16. Taupau
17. Te Kura/Hunt

That's still a pretty decent side. Should hopefully get us through the origin period

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • john1420
  • Bish
  • Shane Tronc
  • winslow_wong
  • johnyE
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosarethebest
  • kiwibronco
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.