The QLD Autopsy...

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Despite what a lot of people say about Boyd, he's won a CC medal at the back, and is obviously half assing it at the Knights. He played fantastic in our loss on Wed.
Let's not get carried away - the Clive Churchill medal is just the man of the match. It doesn't really mean much at all. Boyd wasn't fantastic on Wednesday either. He made the least metres out of all of our backs, along with the least tackles. He scored 2 tries, but they were typical Darius Boyd in Origin tries - ie. he doesn't have to do very much.

Looking at my team now, I'd probably change the forward pack to this:

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. McGuire
11. Myles
12. Guerra
13. Parker

14. Teo
15. Taylor
16. Thaiday
17. Milford

Assuming Myles plays, that is - and my god do we need him to play. McGuire can play big minutes in the front row, meaning Scott will have more time to rest and Myles won't have to play as long in the front row either.

Last edited:
Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
I want to know if the definition goes into "the potential risk of injury" ect

The nrl makes out that it does, but sadly it doesn't. McLean got 3 weeks for the dangerous throw, but then 4 weeks on top of it because he caused an injury. Why the bullshit then, that the nrl take dangerous throws oh so seriously..

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
Let's not get carried away - the Clive Churchill medal is just the man of the match. It doesn't really mean much at all. Boyd wasn't fantastic on Wednesday either. He made the least metres out of all of our backs, along with the least tackles. He scored 2 tries, but they were typical Darius Boyd in Origin tries - ie. he doesn't have to do very much.

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. McGuire
11. Myles
12. Guerra
13. Parker

14. Teo
15. Taylor
16. Thaiday
17. Milford

Definitely agree. Assuming Myles is good to go

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The worst thing about the injuries are that if Chambers does now get a shot because slater is out, he will be in the team without his biggest asset, his combination with cronk and slater

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Anybody who has ever doubted the conspiracy theories and paranoia thrown up by qlders over the years only have to look at last nights decision to downgrade that lifting tackle.
What a fucking disgrace, all three of those guys should be immediately banned by Smith from ever sitting on a judiciary again .
no way can they come out and say mistake has been made after thinking about it for 10 mins, that was a premeditated result, pure and simple.
The arrogance of that decision which just trumpeted a get fucked Qld, we do what we want, is exactly why we hate the ***** so much

Last edited:
QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Anybody who hash ever doubted the conspiracy theories and paranoia thrown up by qlders over the years only have to look at last nights decision to downgrade that lifting tackle.
What a fucking disgrace, all three of those guys should be immediately banned by Smith from ever sitting on a judiciary again .
no way can they come out and say mistake has been made after thinking about it for 10 mins, that was a premeditated result, pure and simple.
The arrogance of that decision which just trumpeted a get fucked Qld, we do what we want, is exactly why we hate the ***** so much

Could be a blessing in disguise for us. Reynolds barely did anything in the game and now it might light a fire under the qlders

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
The worst thing about the injuries are that if Chambers does now get a shot because slater is out, he will be in the team without his biggest asset, his combination with cronk and slater

That's why I hope meninga doesn't sweat on Slater and put him in with no training. If there's going to be a number of changes, they'd better be pretty confident with it so they can train as long as possible

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
Could be a blessing in disguise for us. Reynolds barely did anything in the game and now it might light a fire under the qlders

Agreed. I also hope nsw are serious when they say that was one of the best nsw performances ever. Maybe they've thrown logic out the window in pursuit of actually winning a game.
Because I'd like to bet that Thurston and the others who played sub par won't be playing like that again

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. McGuire
11. Myles
12. Guerra
13. Parker

14. Teo
15. Taylor
16. Thaiday
17. Milford

Assuming Myles plays, that is - and my god do we need him to play. McGuire can play big minutes in the front row, meaning Scott will have more time to rest and Myles won't have to play as long in the front row either.

Yeah I'd definitely prefer GI at the back, but having him out of centre weakens our outer backs significantly. Bringing on Milford and Taylor at the same time and shifting GI back to centre with Milford going to the back, and Taylor running next to GI would surely result in NSW shitting their collective pants.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I've heard QLD are considering Dave Taylor for game 2.

What is the QLD fans view on this?. From my perspective Taylor can bring a lot of impact of the bench but IMO is to lazy at this level. The origins he played were dissapointing.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013

What is the QLD fans view on this?. From my perspective Taylor can bring a lot of impact of the bench but IMO is to lazy at this level. The origins he played were dissapointing.

I read that he's averaging 150+ meters a game and scoring copious amounts of tries. Bring him back, we need big men.

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
And assuming their kicking game will be just as bad as it was on Wednesday, Milford won't be under as much pressure playing his first origin game

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Just on Chambers, I think he is decent enough without being great and unfortunately, if we had another star centre waiting in the wings it would all be good but we don't. Even Tonga is out injured so legitimately (and don't say Copley as much as I agree because he doesn't play there at club level and Gagai is a moron), who else is there?

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
I agree. Bring Taylor back. He choked at origin last time but how many years ago was that now?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Milford and Taylor in does excite me. If Milford can't handle it, then throw GI back there.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

Not happy with this.

We need good prop forwards. This guy makes the metres by running at the little blokes, he doesn't do the hard work. He can **** off.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Allo
  • Behold
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.