The QLD Autopsy...

Donald

Donald

QCup Player
Mar 25, 2013
In all Honesty though how many of the NSW players played well....?

Hayne > Gallen > country mile > further miles > Farah and Woods > more miles and then the rest of the team with Hodkinson and Reynolds last

From what I saw shut down Hayne and seriously NSW look shit!! Their defence was good but their attack was appauling!!

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
I hope that when push comes to shove, these injuries (Slater, possibly DCE and Myles), and clearly out of form players that shouldn't have been picked to start with (Pappalli, McQueen) that these selectors will have the guts to make the big changes. Des Morris said this morning that as part of hoping for Slater to recover, that he's hopeful for Cronk after game 2!!!!! The guy broke his arm! Surely this guy is just playing it up....... Please God

Last edited:
Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
This. As a QLD'r I'm overjoyed. He will be absolutely pummeled in both attack and defense all night. It's going to be glorious.

Trying to speak with as little bias possible here, but Reynolds and Trent were absolutely carried by Hayne all night. Hayne practically played as a half with his positioning in attacking raids, as well as with his clearing kicks. If QLD can find a way to get him out of the game, and/or negate the NSW forward pack (stop the offloads and second phase play), then we will get them in Sydney. The way the media are going on about NSW snapping the streak already doesn't bode well for their chances in game 2.

EDIT: Jmoz confirmed as being out is a MASSIVE blow for the blues. The thought of Hoppa defending against GI (GI has twenty kgs on him, and is also taller and faster than him) brings a smile to my face. Brett Morris made a few poor reads in defense (Boyd's first try), and may turn to water if he loses trust in Hoppa.

Last edited:
Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
I couldn't watch 5 minutes of the Sterlo show last night. Being Sterling and the most objective of the NSW commentators, I got sick listening to Johns carrying on about how terrible the refs were towards Queensland towards the end there. Funny how the fans seem to think they've already won the series, and the coaching staff are acting like they lost.
What ever bloody happened to objective discussions

Edit: Good for QLD that Morris is out. Did Gallen actually retain an injury>??

Last edited:
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Gallen looking at an extended period on the side lines and "May miss Origin 2"......yeah my ass.

If you were a Sharks supporter you'd have to be pretty dirty. How many games has he played for them this year?

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Gallen looking at an extended period on the side lines and "May miss Origin 2"......yeah my ass.

If you were a Sharks supporter you'd have to be pretty dirty. How many games has he played for them this year?

How many games has any of the Sharks top players have played for them?

I reckon he will get himself fit in time easily and will play another big game.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
How many games has any of the Sharks top players have played for them?

I reckon he will get himself fit in time easily and will play another big game.

Yeah no-one is doubting that, that's the point. We are saying that he will say this so he doesn't have to play for the sharks and be 'right' for game 2

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
How pathetic if that's true. If he had a shred of decency, he'd be one of the best players in history- he tackled someone on Wednesday (can't remember who) and it was a beauty. Why add the grubbiness?

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I expect this is exactly what is going to happen.
The problem is QLD doesn't do this. Never have. Nate Myles gets cracked by 2 cheap shots and players weren't trying to smash gallen. The only time they've ever actually gotten angry and tried to do something about it was when Price got knocked out. It's bloody annoying, they never show any mongrel. The most they've ever shown was Nate Myles and Ben Teo ripping in on Wed night.

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
Is that Mal telling them not to (likely), they're just pansies (laughable) or they know they're going to punished more severely than the typical Gallen tackle would (just as likely as the first)
Would love to know which it is

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It's a very tough balancing act but I agree that we need to play with some more emotion which I think comes down to having a stronger pack of forwards who can lay in and rip into these players.

I think a lot of players were out-enthused on Wednesday. Fans are really quick to pick out McQueen, Gillett & Papalii, all fine examples but even the likes of Scott, Smith & yes Parker didn't play to the best of their respective abilities.

I think we have a lot of improvement in this regard and think we need to review the tape of the decider in 2012 to see the type of venom you need at this level. Just look at Othe opening few minutes of that match and contrast it with Game II of that year and it's night and day. Especially with the way Tate reacted in one of those tackles, I think it showed NSW that if you want to play that way, we'll take it to you AND also beat you, even without one of the best fullbacks of all time.

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
Here's to hoping that this farce about Reynolds, QLD playing poorly, and the fact that the next game is Sydney will be enough fuel for the fire. And surely out of a pack of 17 players, one of them will be charged and subsequently let off between now and the 18th, and there's more boiling blood for us lol

Last edited:
Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
I know I need get over it but I just read a comment (nsw supporter) saying that if qld fans compare the Reynolds tackle to Alex Mckinnon, we should be ashamed.
Are they dumber than I ever thought?
Thank god I've read one or two nsw supporters saying that it means **** all what state you're from, that tackle should have been punished more severely. Just wish there were more of them around..

Edit: Also just heard on the news that if Slater is not fit for game 2 Meninga is considering Milford at fullback.. Not happy. Will he do anything to avoid putting GI at fullback??? Starting a rookie in a do or die... Not wise, no?

Last edited:
Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Edit: Also just heard on the news that if Slater is not fit for game 2 Meninga is considering Milford at fullback.. Not happy. Will he do anything to avoid putting GI at fullback??? Starting a rookie in a do or die... Not wise, no?

I'm not buying that for a second.... If Slater isn't right, it'll be GI. Bank on it!

Active Now

• The True King
  • Manlyman
  • Scdeac
  • Morkel
  • Alec
  • IceWorks
  • Brocko
  • Thelmus
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Santa
  • Manifesto
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • Justwin
  • Old Mate
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.