Wade Graham and Jeremy Smith set to miss bans from reports

I'm stunned that Graham has gotten off. Just flabbergastered.

And what about Smith? One of the grubbiest players in the game.

The thought that he was 'protecting himself' is bulldust. He lashed out with a clenched fist and struck the other bloke in the chin, was definitely looking at his target as well.

Hope we play the Sharks with our full compliment somewhere in the finals and give them a footy lesson. Doubt they'll try that sort of stuff with Civ, Thaiday, Hannant, Parker, Te'o etc on the field.

I thought it was a good hit and nothing wrong with it.
we was lucky it was not a try.

I thought it was a good hit and nothing wrong with it.
we was lucky it was not a try.

For sure ehtos, Smith saw him coming and reacted with the agressive fist. If you watch the replay he had heaps of time to think and land it flush. No consistency what-so-ever. There was not even consistency in the game, Graham did the same tackle a few times more and didn't even get penalised for it.. so go figure, no fear.

Please, please let us come up against them in the finals at some stage! .... even the GF :) .. though they won't make it there..

For sure ehtos, Smith saw him coming and reacted with the agressive fist. If you watch the replay he had heaps of time to think and land it flush. No consistency what-so-ever. There was not even consistency in the game, Graham did the same tackle a few times more and didn't even get penalised for it.. so go figure, no fear.

Please, please let us come up against them in the finals at some stage! .... even the GF :) .. though they won't make it there..

yes i am from cronulla. but i am a broncos fan.
i just thought it was a good hit. i hope we meet them again and flog them.

yes i am from cronulla. but i am a broncos fan.
i just thought it was a good hit. i hope we meet them again and flog them.

the point of contact was hoffmans head, and that makes it an illegal hit.

i cant believe that smith got off.

I don't really see the issue, they weren't deserving of suspension (nor was Te'o earlier this year).

I don't really see the issue, they weren't deserving of suspension (nor was Te'o earlier this year).

Graham's, maybe not. Careless high sounds about right for that hit. But Smith deliberately and blatantly punched a player in the face.

I'm not surprised at all really .... given the form of the officials running/ruining our game !

But that's the issue. They set a precedent with Te'o and there's no consistency, yet again.

I'd be fine with Wade getting less of a charge than Te'o (Ben was unfairly delt with, 4 weeks prior to early guilty plea? Get f**ked) if the incident was isolated.

But it wasn't, there were at least three occasions where he caught a player where he caught the player high.

But that's the issue. They set a precedent with Te'o and there's no consistency, yet again.

Exactly. I think we would all be ok with it if that's how everyone else is dealt with - but it's simply not the case. Whether a person is a broncos supporter or not, anyone can still see similarities and judge by what the NRL say the rules are. I guess the judiciary haven't had the chance to scalp any QLD players this year so were feeling a bit empty.

Graham's, maybe not. Careless high sounds about right for that hit. But Smith deliberately and blatantly punched a player in the face.

Agreed, you can't go soft on players deliberately going in with a punch to the head, thats just intent to do damage and thats like saying what Les Boyd did to Darryl Brohman(I'm no way saying its as bad as that) in the 80's didn't deserve a suspension, I got no problem with a player fending off a tackler which he wasn't, but deliberately punching the face of the tackler is different all together.

Last edited:
the NRL judiciary is the laughing stock of world sport

Te'o gets banned while Wade doesn't? tough luck, move on and please stop making a big fuss over it.

Te'o gets banned while Wade doesn't? tough luck, move on and please stop making a big fuss over it.

Why? It's fun making fuss, aside from the importance of criticising clearly unfair and unjust judiciary decisions. What, would you rather live on your knees than die on your feet?

No-one is asking you to be in this thread - you move on ... to another thread

Yeah righto champ. All we are asking for us consistency from the judiciary, would like to hear there reasoning behind the decisions

Active Now

• Tim K
  • ChewThePhatt
  • davidp
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • MrMoore
  • ell.d33
  • lakers133334
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Dash
  • Old Mate
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.