Wade Graham and Jeremy Smith set to miss bans from reports

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I am so sick of having absolutely no idea what the ref, video ref, touch judges and judiciary are going to come up with for each ruling. No consistency at any level in this game in terms of the officiating and the rulebook and how the rulebook is applied.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I would have no problem with Te'o getting suspended as long as they suspend every player who does the same tackle.

sometimes it seems like the pick the charges out of a hat...

anzac7

anzac7

NYC Player
Sep 25, 2011
Te'o gets banned while Wade doesn't? tough luck, move on and please stop making a big fuss over it.

Too many people with your mentality in the judiciary me thinks..

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I don't think any of them deserved a suspension, including Te'o. So now they can either suspend Graham because they did the same to Te'o, or they can admit their previous retardation to try to explain this.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
thats fine except the next time it happens, they will come up with a different charge altogether that will carry a different penalty

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I can understand the suspension of Te'o earlier in the season. I see valid arguments for both those who thought he should have been suspended and those that didn't. What I don't understand is the inconsistency. How Graham can get off and Te'o doesn't is beyond belief. Graham should have at least got one week. In fact I think when a player leads with the shoulder and makes contact with the head it should pretty much be a one game suspension anyway.

Smith getting off is an absoute joke. There's a difference between protecting yourself and striking. PLEASE!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The Sharks have plead no contest for Smith ... he will miss a week, although he looks set to miss two with a knee injury anyway. so it is a good move by the Sharks to plead no contest and have smith get 20 carry-over points instead of 90

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
The Sharks have plead no contest for Smith ... he will miss a week, although he looks set to miss two with a knee injury anyway. so it is a good move by the Sharks to plead no contest and have smith get 20 carry-over points instead of 90

i hate being able to use injury to escape suspension like this.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yep, absolute bull shit but clubs would always find a way around pretending the player isn't injured :rolleyes:

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Good on them for circumventing the system. You need to do that every now and then for the system to improve.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Allo
  • Behold
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.