Wayne Bennett related player movement discussion

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Re: Darius Boyd return?

How do we all feel about Boyd now? Ahaha he was spectacular in that heart breaking loss.

I still won't take him. He always performs at rep level but still does jack at club level and hasn't done much in the NRL over the last 3 years.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Because he's been out of position. He's not a fullback. Like Hoffman, he's a winger.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

Boyd is a class fullback, but we don't need another fullback do we ?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

A class fullback? When?

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

When he was being paid.

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014

All I know is that darius Boyd is better than reed and Hoffman and vidot so if take him any day and get rid of any 2 of them 3 for him.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008

A class fullback? When?

The year the Dragons won the premiership and he won the Clive Churchill. He was excellent that year.

Boyd said as well that he'd like to come back to the Broncos. In fact, I recall him saying he hoped WB would sign with us in 2012 so he could come back. Obviously he loves WB more but he seems keen to one day return.

Internal Server Error

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

The year the Dragons won the premiership and he won the Clive Churchill. He was excellent that year.

Boyd said as well that he'd like to come back to the Broncos. In fact, I recall him saying he hoped WB would sign with us in 2012 so he could come back. Obviously he loves WB more but he seems keen to one day return.

Internal Server Error

If we went through and looked at the one good season that players had, we would have plenty of super stars.

But with an avatar like yours. I agree with everything you say.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

If we went through and looked at the one good season that players had, we would have plenty of super stars.

But with an avatar like yours. I agree with everything you say.

And that last sentence is why I like nashy

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

How do we all feel about Boyd now? Ahaha he was spectacular in that heart breaking loss.
Spectacular? He just did what he had to - catch and put down. He was cod ordinary apart from that.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

If Boyd was happy to play on the wing, I would have him back. He is a quality finisher. He showed that in 2008 and he showed that in Origin.

However, he doesn't want to be a winger so **** him.

rhino

rhino

NYC Player
Aug 27, 2013

He is seriously not worth it, we have key players in his position. He wont play wing so why bother he will be just like Hoffman and sook he cant have 1 and play like shit. Take Joey Leilua, Mamo or Gagai before Boyd. Joey has a get a clause just like Boyd with bennet leaving. Id love to see the big centre in broncos colours he would be great hodges replacement.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Don't want him

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I don't think too many people on here want him. but the big question that needs to be answered is ... does Bennett want him

I am 50/50 on the hiring of Bennett to begin with so if he signs Boyd he will have lost me before he has returned. If we needed a fullback I'd be fine with it but we've got Barba, Milford and Hoffman who can do the job already.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

I don't think too many people on here want him. but the big question that needs to be answered is ... does Bennett want him

If there was a spot available Bennett would bring him in a heartbeat IMO. But even if Barba goes (long odds in itself), Bennett will need to decide if he's worth $300k+ more than, say, Hoffman. Or whether it'd be better to stick with Josh (who would do well IMO with Milford at 6), or if he can recruit a decent half to complement Hunt and let Milford remain as fullback. I'd be surprised if one of those options weren't more attractive than a likely surplus Boyd on big money.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013

No other sources except for that CM piece (which has no actual basis apart from the WB and Boyd connection, which a nutless monkey could have deduced) are linking Boyd to the Broncos. I reckon he'll end up at the Raiders (lol) or the Dogs.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Jedhead
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.