1. Milford
2. Boyd
3. Hodges
4. Copley
5. Gagai
6. Barba
7. Hunt

Vidot - bench

Actually, I don't really care how you shuffle that backline, to suit. Left-right, 1-6, you can pretty much make any combo you want, and it is up to Bennett to figure it out.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Re: Darius Boyd return?

So you wanna play 2 players out of position, Boyd (who's a Fullback) and Gagai (who's a Centre), just to accommodate them into the team which is already stocked for Wingers, Centres and Fullbacks?

Rrrrrrrr, no.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

He is seriously not worth it, we have key players in his position. He wont play wing so why bother he will be just like Hoffman and sook he cant have 1 and play like shit. Take Joey Leilua, Mamo or Gagai before Boyd. Joey has a get a clause just like Boyd with bennet leaving. Id love to see the big centre in broncos colours he would be great hodges replacement.

Haha you guys and your dislike for boyd because he won't talk to the media but Leilua is ok to have at the club? Haha right..

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Haha you guys and your dislike for boyd because he won't talk to the media but Leilua is ok to have at the club? Haha right..

Yeah I was going to say something like this. While I do not want Boyd back, it's a very odd to be disgusted at the thought of a guy that hates the media being at your club, but are cool with having leilua

teampjta

teampjta

QCup Player
Apr 3, 2014

Yes for me.

1. Milford
2. Boyd
3. Hodges
4. Copley
5. Gagai
6. Barba
7. Hunt

Vidot - bench

Actually, I don't really care how you shuffle that backline, to suit. Left-right, 1-6, you can pretty much make any combo you want, and it is up to Bennett to figure it out.

Yeah wont work, besides we wouldnt be able to seriously fit them under the cap

Dont need Boyd (for the money, to play on the wing)
Gagai still contracted to the knights (next contract will be an upgrade) - maybe 2016 when Hodgo retires?

Vidot has been a beast

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

Boyd is just another josh Hoffman really. don't need two of them and I'd rather keep Hoffman for his price as long as he plays wing. I won't give up on barba either. hopefully he'll recapture his lethal best next season

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014

Seriously, people on this forum need to get over their fixation with players having a preferred position or preferred side of the field.

Look at the Australian side with 4 or 5 fullbacks in the backline.

You guys talk about wanting to have a creative coach, yet your own thinking is too often mired somewhere around 2005.

I would love to see a team follow the lead of -- picking guys with ability, speed, and class, and then letting the big bucks coach get the best out of them.

2015: Milford, Gagai, Hodges, Copley, Boyd, Barba, Hunt
2016: Milford, Gagai, Copley, Boyd, Barba, DCE, Hunt

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Seriously, people on this forum need to get over their fixation with players having a preferred position or preferred side of the field.

Look at the Australian side with 4 or 5 fullbacks in the backline.

You guys talk about wanting to have a creative coach, yet your own thinking is too often mired somewhere around 2005.

I would love to see a team follow the lead of -- picking guys with ability, speed, and class, and then letting the big bucks coach get the best out of them.

2015: Milford, Gagai, Hodges, Copley, Boyd, Barba, Hunt
2016: Milford, Gagai, Copley, Boyd, Barba, DCE, Hunt

players are prepared to play out of position in rep games ... but ask them to do in a club game and they whinge and complain

you need to get over it ... we're not getting DCE. we don't need Gagai or Boyd

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

NO. I do not want him. Vidot and Maranta every day of the week.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Milford, Barba, Hoffman, Maranta, Kahu, Vidot... Hodges, Copley, Drew, Reed.
Yeah, I think we need an overpaid Boyd. :stupid:

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

I'm not really sure why people seem to think he won't come to the Broncos lol. He has gone everywhere Bennett has gone for 6 years, and clearly never wants to be coached by anyone but him since he puts a get out clause in every contract he signs saying if Bennett leaves he can leave.

Why do people think that all of a sudden he'll grow a pair and be a big boy and play somewhere else? Especially when following bennett again would mean he goes back to live in his hometown with his family and get another big payday in the process? Yeh, I'm sure he's in a hurry to go live in Canberra or Bankstown.....

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013

I'm not really sure why people seem to think he won't come to the Broncos lol. He has gone everywhere Bennett has gone for 6 years, and clearly never wants to be coached by anyone but him since he puts a get out clause in every contract he signs saying if Bennett leaves he can leave.

Why do people think that all of a sudden he'll grow a pair and be a big boy and play somewhere else? Especially when following bennett again would mean he goes back to live in his hometown with his family and get another big payday in the process? Yeh, I'm sure he's in a hurry to go live in Canberra or Bankstown.....

I don't think anyone was saying we don't think he'd come back to Brisbane, we're saying WE DON'T WANT HIM TO COME BACK TO BRISBANE. Bit of a difference. Comprehension FTW.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

I don't think anyone was saying we don't think he'd come back to Brisbane, we're saying WE DON'T WANT HIM TO COME BACK TO BRISBANE. Bit of a difference. Comprehension FTW.
you might want to brush up on your reading skills. plenty of people in the other threads are saying he wont follow bennett for some stupid reason.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Brisbane isn't his hometown, the Gold Coast is

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • BruiserMk1
  • Alec
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Stix
  • ChewThePhatt
  • barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.