Wayne Bennett related player movement discussion

Who the **** cares, dude?

Seriously these sort of ****ty arguments are getting old. Fair enough you don't want Boyd but I for one don't understand the need to prove who's right or wrong on a situation that hasn't even happened yet..
you do realise that i was quoting someone who literally only posted to say "i hope boyd stays so we can point out how wrong some people were", dont you? shouldn't you be having a go at that poster?

were we really wrong though, with us thinking boyd will come to the broncos, then bennett specifically saying hes wants boyd to come to the broncos, while you guys were saying that bennett wouldnt want him because we already have so many fullbacks?

we were right, bennett wants to bring him, but we're hopefully lucky that boyd might choose to see his contract out. the people who were wrong are the ones who said that bennett doesnt play favourites and he wouldnt even think about bringing boyd.
Of course you'd/they'd be wrong, because the assumption was made that anyone Bennett wanted, Bennett got.

We saw the same hysteria over Packer, who ended up elsewhere, and now Boyd may do the same.

FTR I said I prefer Boyd over Barba but if he doesn't come I'm happy to see what Bennett can do with Barba, it is neither here nor there for me considering Hoffman appears to be going regardless of what happens with Boyd (which reduces our fullback quota by at least 1).

we were told that bennett doesnt play favourites though, and that he wouldnt even think about bringing boyd let alone packer.

nek minnit, bennett announces to the media himself that he is trying to sign them both.

but yeh, sure, we were wrong about him trying to sign them lol.

we were told that bennett doesnt play favourites though, and that he wouldnt even think about bringing boyd let alone packer.

nek minnit, bennett announces to the media himself that he is trying to sign them both.

Is Bennett playing favourites though? I thought Boyd had a Bennett clause in his contract. If that's true then he's free to leave. Packer never played under Bennett - how much of a favourite could he possibly be? Blind Freddy can see we have huge problems in the front row so WB chasing a front rower he had signed at another club isn't much of a stretch.

He said that Boyd is a better fulback than Barba in his press conference - is it remotely possible he might, y'know, actually believe that rather than be playing favourites.

Whether we have depth or not, whether he's needed or not, whether we have better players or not is all just a matter of opinion.

Seeing as Boyd looks to be staying in Newcastle. And who knows about Barba and what he'll be like next year. I think we missed a huge chance on letting karmichael hunt slip through, we talk about not having to worry about bombs, hunt is one of the best under the high ball. He can playmake aswell. He may not set the world on fire like Barba. But is consistent and safe. But yeah we'll have to wait till next year :/

Seeing as Boyd looks to be staying in Newcastle. And who knows about Barba and what he'll be like next year. I think we missed a huge chance on letting karmichael hunt slip through, we talk about not having to worry about bombs, hunt is one of the best under the high ball. He can playmake aswell. He may not set the world on fire like Barba. But is consistent and safe. But yeah we'll have to wait till next year :/

For sure. Karmichael is worlds above Boyd and Barba2014, and i'd comfortably say he's overall better than Barba2012.

For sure. Karmichael is worlds above Boyd and Barba2014, and i'd comfortably say he's overall better than Barba2012.

I probably wouldn't say he is better than the Barba of 2012, but definitely safer.

He can playmake aswell.
No he cant lol.

People mistake being able to play his part in the second man play as having playmaking ability. he proved without a shadow of a doubt that he has no playmaking ability when he was given the playmaker role and absolutely sucked at it.

Hunt is done, move along. He wasn't that great when he was at his peak, he certainly wouldn't be that great now as a washed up sub-par AFL player.

not sure if trolling.....

@mitchdoyle08 Heard anything about Lachlan Maranta to the tigers!?

The Lurker: Been hearing that yes. Under contract but Broncos may let him go to accommodate Darius.

@ncrook93 What is the latest with Darius Boyd? Rumours he's staying at Knights, or is he still going to Broncos? #asklurk

The Lurker: I think he will still go with Uncle Wayne to the Broncos.

@neirbo83 Darius Boyd expressed that his "heart was in the Hunter...." Any possibility of him being at the Knights next year?

The Lurker: I did read that with interest but as I said above, I still expect him at the Broncos.

The more I think about it, the more I think that we'd be better off keeping Barba, at least for 2015. We have the opportunity to go after Falou, Hunt, or maybe even DCE (move Milf back to FB) in 2016 after the RWC, all of which are better than Boyd. It also gives Barba a last ditch chance to recapture his form, in which case we probably won't need to make any of the aforementioned signings.

The more I think about it, the more I think that we'd be better off keeping Barba, at least for 2015. We have the opportunity to go after Falou, Hunt, or maybe even DCE (move Milf back to FB) in 2016 after the RWC, all of which are better than Boyd. It also gives Barba a last ditch chance to recapture his form, in which case we probably won't need to make any of the aforementioned signings.

1 Israel Folau
2 Darius Boyd
3 Dale Copley
4 Jack Reed
5 Josh Hoffman
6 Anthony Milford
7 Ben Hunt

If only we were Roosters fans :(

it wasn't about trying to sign them, it was about the assumption that because bennett expressed an interest in them, they'd be a lock cert to be here next year. something that hasn't eventuated thus far on two separate occasions.

it wasn't about trying to sign them, it was about the assumption that because bennett expressed an interest in them, they'd be a lock cert to be here next year. something that hasn't eventuated thus far on two separate occasions.
well no, it was also about trying to sign them. plenty of people said that Bennett wouldnt even try to sign boyd because we have 3+ fullbacks already, and that he doesnt play favourites. they also said that even if he did try to sign him, he wouldnt play fullback because of aforementioned fullbacks. bennett then did and said exactly the opposite of what they were saying - said he wants him, and that he would guarantee him fullback.

No he cant lol.

People mistake being able to play his part in the second man play as having playmaking ability. he proved without a shadow of a doubt that he has no playmaking ability when he was given the playmaker role and absolutely sucked at it.

Hunt is done, move along. He wasn't that great when he was at his peak, he certainly wouldn't be that great now as a washed up sub-par AFL player.

not sure if trolling.....

Eh?

Well, Barba in 2012 was just a golden run down the yellow brick road, none of K's seasons really compare.

Overall though, he was definitely a better player.

No, it's the children who are wrong.

ByUnS1IIcAAM32v.jpg:large

From the Lurker

Bunny Boyd
DARIUS Boyd to Souths? Don't dismiss it.

I think between the Lurker and the mole, Boyd has been linked to every club in the comp.

So now no matter who signs him, they'll say they knew all along. :laugh:

Unread

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • sooticus
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • heartly87
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.