Wayne Bennett related player movement discussion

For the record, I'm perfectly fine with Derpius coming to Brisbane or staying in Newcastle, they're both valid options for us, I wouldn't mind giving Barba another season at fullback to prove his worth, but at the same token I think Boyd would make us more of an immediate premiership threat.

Just depends of Bennett wants to "re-build" for a year or two and develop the likes of Barba, Hunt, Milford together.

What we must have next season is a solid spine, if we cannot settle on a starting 1, 6,7 and 9 from the first game then we will still struggle to match the best teams. I believe we are 2-3 years away from winning a premiership and it all starts with building a spine that we can then build around.

I notice a lot of people not really rating Mccullough; i hope i am mistaken by this becasue i rate the guy. If he can be encouraged to perfect his 40/20 kicks out of dummy half he would present a great option at the number 9.

my mate whos got a few ins with newcastle trainers etc spoke to one of them over the weekend and he said Boyd will apparently play out his last year with Newcastle. Fingers crossed!

Interesting news, I hope it's confirmed one way or another soon.

I'm on the 50/50 Darius boat, either way I think we're in for a good season next year, as bpwn said, hopefully it's sorted within the next few weeks so Barba can start mentally preparing to be our fullback again next year, or prepare to play ISC :lol:

my mate whos got a few ins with newcastle trainers etc spoke to one of them over the weekend and he said Boyd will apparently play out his last year with Newcastle. Fingers crossed!

Would be nice to see Barba do his stuff under Bennett.

Chris Garry is still saying Boyd has the fullback gig at the Broncos

It'll be worth Darius staying at Newcastle just to see some more egg on faces.

We'll have enough for an omelette soon.

It'll be worth Darius staying at Newcastle just to see some more egg on faces.

We'll have enough for an omelette soon.

No it won't, because if that does eventuate the ones that have berated everyone about it will just smile and laugh because they got what they wanted. Like a 3 year old getting a lolly after an hour long tantrum

it will be a poison lolly. one that constantly reminds them of how wrong they were.

Some of these recent signings make me think Bennett is serious about trying to restore the Broncos, regardless of whether he succeeds or not.

it will be a poison lolly. one that constantly reminds them of how wrong they were.
were we really wrong though, with us thinking boyd will come to the broncos, then bennett specifically saying hes wants boyd to come to the broncos, while you guys were saying that bennett wouldnt want him because we already have so many fullbacks?

we were right, bennett wants to bring him, but we're hopefully lucky that boyd might choose to see his contract out. the people who were wrong are the ones who said that bennett doesnt play favourites and he wouldnt even think about bringing boyd.

were we really wrong though, with us thinking boyd will come to the broncos, then bennett specifically saying hes wants boyd to come to the broncos, while you guys were saying that bennett wouldnt want him because we already have so many fullbacks?

we were right, bennett wants to bring him, but we're hopefully lucky that boyd might choose to see his contract out. the people who were wrong are the ones who said that bennett doesnt play favourites and he wouldnt even think about bringing boyd.

Who the **** cares, dude?

Seriously these sort of shitty arguments are getting old. Fair enough you don't want Boyd but I for one don't understand the need to prove who's right or wrong on a situation that hasn't even happened yet..

Last edited by a moderator:

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.