Wayne Bennett related player movement discussion

Which is good, since Barba's salary apparently skyrockets in 2016.

If Barba continues on the trajectory he's going, he'll be one of the form 5/8ths in the comp come 2016.

My head hurts... Some very interesting selections you've made there. Why would Hunt be moved to Hooker?? Seems silly to me. McCullough has done a decent job in the 9 this year.
I am with Rhino on this one. While Hunt has had a break out year he is still to show he can close out the big games. I think if he was the number one hooker he would own the position, he has pretty good defence and is a strong little bugger who would sharpen up our passing from dummy half and also read the game very well knowing when to attack the short side. He also has a great running game.

This is only if Taylor does come through and push for the top grade. I would love to see Taylor and Milford in the halves with Hunt at 5/8.
I reckon it would set up a destructive spine with whoever at fullback

I am with Rhino on this one. While Hunt has had a break out year he is still to show he can close out the big games. I think if he was the number one hooker he would own the position, he has pretty good defence and is a strong little bugger who would sharpen up our passing from dummy half and also read the game very well knowing when to attack the short side. He also has a great running game.

This is only if Taylor does come through and push for the top grade. I would love to see Taylor and Milford in the halves with Hunt at 5/8.
I reckon it would set up a destructive spine with whoever at fullback

epic-jackie-chan-template.png

Milford looks a little lost at 6 IMO. I think he looks a lot better at fullback where he finds himself in room.

1.Milford
6.Barba
7.Hunt

Milfords number 1 position is fullback. Moving him to 5/8th, when we have Barba playing very well at 5/8th, would be absolutely idiotic.

And that's what Bennett will most likely do.

Is Barba playing very well is he ....?

It doesn't really matter who fits in to what position atm. We are stacking the side with superstars and that's a good thing. We are going to have real depth next year in every position and I am excited about that. Have a look at the possibilities.

Best 17 Depth
Boyd
Maranta
Vidot
Alick *
Copley
Reed
Hodges
Kahu
Hoffman
Byrnes *
Milford
K Nikorima*
Hunt
Taylor *
Hannant
Wallace
McCullough
Wadell
Parker
Hala
Gillett
Glenn
Thaiday
Ofahengaue *
McGuire
Lowrie
Barba
J Nikorima *
Oates
Adams
Garbutt
Fai *
Kennedy
Molo *
Now I know people will have the lineups probably a little different, but look at what we will have next year.I belive I am pretty close to the best 17.
Lots of potentinal and plenty of depth, right across the whole team. I know some of these players arnt quite ready yet but the future looks bright. I have put a * beside who I think could be superstars in the making. I cant wait for 2015 !!

Why is McGuire at lock. And Glenn not in the team over Garbutt?
If Boyd signs, Hoffmans gone. Hannant will need Hoffman to leave to if he wants to get any money. Garbutt im suspecting will be a flop. He is a 25 year old prop. I rate Wallace higher than him currently.

If Boyd signs, Hoffmans gone. Hannant will need Hoffman to leave to if he wants to get any money. Garbutt im suspecting will be a flop. He is a 25 year old prop. I rate Wallace higher than him currently.

Garbutt would more than likely be in the Broncos 17 this year over Wallace. The only thing that hindered him is the better players ahead of him at the Storm.

Did you read it at all Mitch ?? I don't really care what you think or who plays were at the moment it was a look at our depth per position.

Last edited:
Lots of potentinal and plenty of depth, right across the whole team. I know some of these players arnt quite ready yet but the future looks bright. I have put a * beside who I think could be superstars in the making. I cant wait for 2015 !!

I'd take that spine, it would easily have us pushing the top four. Milford has shown enough in the 6 this year to be persevered with if we sign Boyd.

It doesn't really matter who fits in to what position atm. We are stacking the side with superstars and that's a good thing. We are going to have real depth next year in every position and I am excited about that. Have a look at the possibilities.

Best 17 Depth
1Boyd1Maranta
2Vidot2Alick *
3Copley3Reed
4Hodges4Kahu
5Hoffman5Byrnes *
6Milford6K Nikorima*
7Hunt7Taylor *
8Hannant8Wallace
9McCullough9Wadell
10Parker10Hala
11Gillett11Glenn
12Thaiday12Ofahengaue *
13McGuire13Lowrie
14Barba14J Nikorima *
15Oates15Adams
16Garbutt16Fai *
17Kennedy17Molo *
Now I know people will have the lineups probably a little different, but look at what we will have next year.I belive I am pretty close to the best 17.

I wonder how Alick is going to go, haven't seen him play, but he has got some raps on him.

The Knights have told Boyd that if he wants to leave (to join Brisbane) then he does so without any payout (of his 600k contract), but they also said they are happy for him to see out the final year of his contract.

Error Page

Has had an indifferent year to this stage and it is almost over

fair enough, why would he be entitled to a payout,

the bloke says he wants to leave/pulls the trigger on a get out clause and the club has obliged.

he should do the right thing and stay at the knights

Bennett re-affirmed his desire to bring Packer and Boyd to the club at the press conference today.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • The Don
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • ivanhungryjak
  • theshed
  • Jedhead
  • Griffo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Ondi
  • Allo
  • Jazza
  • Kev_Guz
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.