Who is referreeing

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Probably have missed it somewhere in this forum but who are the officials for tonight and what impact (if any) do you think they will have on the game, or moreso what impact will the 2 ref system have on the game ????

Hayne and Archer are the two referees.

Hayne can be a bit of a douche, but he's been good recently.

The Ref's always have an impact on the game in Origin.

The only problem I have with the 2 ref system, is the touchies do nothing anymore. They need to get their act together and start calling passes forward.

Hahahahahahahaha, funniest thing I've ever seen you post Nashy. Hahahahhaha.

Touchies do nothing anymore?!?! They haven't done anything for YEARS! :P

They used to average at least 2 forward passes a game. Now I don't think they're even allowed a radio in the end of their flag!

They are. It's tuned to easy listening 4KQ when they're in Brisbane.

Hopefully they let a few things go and keep the game flowing.

They have to be consistent though.

Can someone answer this:

Why can't video ref rule on forward passes, even when they are BLATANTLY forward? That was a bs try.

The Rock said:
[quote="Je$ter":ee3pusjs]Can someone answer this:

Why can't video ref rule on forward passes, even when they are BLATANTLY forward? That was a bs try.

Because it has to be black and white - you either rule on them or you don't. Which is fair. Do you remember when they used to rule on them? It was so bad, it was too hard to rule.[/quote:ee3pusjs]

The refs and touchies (lol) cant even get them right when it happens 3 feet away from them. How is the ref with camera angles and there black and white intepretation of the rules going to get the right decisions.

The Rock said:
That's what I am saying, the camera angles are NOT black and white interpretations - hence why they are not allowed to rule on them.

You misunderstood me - They either need to be allowed to rule on a forward try or they're not. They can't say, "Oh the vid ref is allowed to rule on a forward pass if it's blatantly forward"....

Rock I think we are agreeing somewhat although the forward pass call against the broncos when we played St George makes me think otherwise.

Yeah either the video ref can call them or not but it would be nice to have the touchies grow some balls

The Rock said:
We don't need touchies in our game - they never make the important calls anyway. They can't even make a call to check a 40/20 FFS. They are an embarrassment to the game!

Just have the refs miked in to the refs and they can call it from the box. Have them as the video refs as well. They get them right more often then the real video refs. [icon_razz1

The Rock said:
We don't need touchies in our game - they never make the important calls anyway. They can't even make a call to check a 40/20 FFS. They are an embarrassment to the game!

Agree 100%.

I would much prefer the refs using the big screens to make decisions regarding 40/20's, forward passes and sidelines.

Probably not very realistic, and would be time consuming.

The Rock said:
That's what I am saying, the camera angles are NOT black and white interpretations - hence why they are not allowed to rule on them.

You misunderstood me - They either need to be allowed to rule on a forward try or they're not. They can't say, "Oh the vid ref is allowed to rule on a forward pass if it's blatantly forward"....

You're right rocky, we need consistency to judge on forward passes and currently we don't have in the video ref

The only option would possibly be the overhead aerial camera, and since we don't have it at all stadiums, we can't do it

end of story

The refs were fine tbh, I have absolutely no complaints with them tonight.

Active Now

• dirtyharry
  • marw
  • Fozz
  • Behold
  • The True King
  • Strop
  • Foordy
  • Cavalo
  • Bish
  • Turky Murky
  • IceWorks
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Ronald
  • jd87
  • Big Del
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.