Who replaces Reed?

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
So with the slight possibility that we may make the finals, who comes in for Reed?

I presume Hoffman in if he's OK and Hodges back to centre.

Oates. Lowrie retains his bench spot.

You know it's going to happen. Hoffman isn't healthy yet.

Hodges in attack, Hoffman in defence would be my choice.

Glenn if Hoffman is still out.

Hodges and Hoffman (if fit) should play a similar way to what they did at the back end of 2013. Hoffman defending at the back (with the 1 on his back) but when it gets to the attacking 20m line Hodges switches back to fullback and hoffman to right center.

I would name this backline.

1. Hoffman
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Maranta

I thought Reed's loss was an important factor in our loss, or rather, the way his replacement wan't used.

(Lowrie is useless, he adds nothing of any measurable impact.)

Vidot ought to move to prop. He's gone backwards for mine as a winger, and the fact he makes metres is irrelevant. He makes his metres up the middle. He does **** all else, and what he does, I think Kahu would do a whole lot better.

Honestly. He is going backwards as a winger: too slow, not agile, suss under the high ball.

Hodges
Hoffman
Oates
Copley
Kahu

Hoffman or Kahu for mine would score a lot more tries than Vidot. Hoffman has shown that, and for mine, so has Kahu. Vidot? Nope

Last edited:
Oates will keep his spot if we do live to fight another day.

Thought he was pretty poor but it's a tough ask going from making cameo stints in the backrow to playing 40 minutes in the centres against a representative player like Chambers.

Oates will keep his spot if we do live to fight another day.

Thought he was pretty poor but it's a tough ask going from making cameo stints in the backrow to playing 40 minutes in the centres against a representative player like Chambers.
He was up against Fonua

That's right, forgot that him and Copley switched sides which was the right move.

Still a tough ask no matter who you're up against.

It hurt too - we looked our best when we were heading right - Oates was a bit slow on the uptake on a few occasions.

I look at Ash Taylor and seriously question if he's ready to be thrown into the fire, shifting Hodges back to centre and Barba to fullback. Won't ever happen mind you, but I think we need to look at putting out a spine that actually works together.

That's right, forgot that him and Copley switched sides which was the right move.

Still a tough ask no matter who you're up against.

It hurt too - we looked our best when we were heading right - Oates was a bit slow on the uptake on a few occasions.

So was most of the team. Nobody knew what was going on

They seemed to know in the first half to head right. Shame Copley's poor sense of timing came into play once again and he chose that night of all nights to play his worst game of the season in the centres.

Oates didn't seem to have that memo.

Copley is a very strong runner, but an absolute retard when it comes to passing or playing for his winger. He's really a winger playing one in field at the moment, because our other centres don't really promote the ball either.

They seemed to know in the first half to head right. Shame Copley's poor sense of timing came into play once again and he chose that night of all nights to play his worst game of the season in the centres.

Oates didn't seem to have that memo.

Yes, the right hand side attacking tactic worked well in the first half except for the reasons you cite. But it was sporadic. I thought our left side was under-used and when Hodges came up, it showed what it could do ... all to rarely.

Oates I agree just hasn't had enough game time, made all the more harder by our lack of structure and planning set plays starting with the edges and also out wide.

Hunt was organizing himself as others have observed and Hodges at dummy half screwed most of our continuity and cohesion, such as it is.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I saw little of the ball movement we use so well when we use it which is too little. Copley and Reed just didn't get the ball enough, and Oates just seemed lost for lack of good play making ... and lack of game time bith generally, and in the centres (where he belongs for mine).

Copley is a very strong runner, but an absolute retard when it comes to passing or playing for his winger. He's really a winger playing one in field at the moment, because our other centres don't really promote the ball either.

I guess that's what happens when you spend most of the season on the wing, or having Justin Hodges as the person who more than likely gives him tips on the position.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Hurrijo
  • Cavalo
  • Skathen
  • pennywisealfie
  • dudemcdude4976
  • Mr Fourex
  • The Don
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.