OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Other

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
This is obviously a future pick either 2025 or beyond but I give two options who standout at current.

There is only two right now that stand out and it could be more but honestly at this stage right now this is what I see it coming down to.

if it's neither it's either a placeholder or a talent that has came from nowhere, but these two are most likely I see as our future as of now that I'm aware of.

We have decent kickers in our 1 and 9 now too though. But yes, Reynolds kicking game has helped
tremendously in a few games this year.
I'm just scarred from the mediocre kicking games we had between Lockyer's retirement in 2011 and Reynolds arrival in 2022.

A decade of nothing bombs to the 20m

Tired Fed Up GIF by Apple TV+

I'm just scarred from the mediocre kicking games we had between Lockyer's retirement in 2011 and Reynolds arrival in 2022.

I remember when Reyno first played in 2022, and how good it felt to just have bombs not getting caught in goal etc.

Even when Madden has played this year I didn’t think he had much variety in his kicking game. Just seemed the only option he had was end over end bomb to the corner. Hopefully he can improve on that in the next couple of years.

I'm ruling out Walker. There's only two ways we get him: the Roosters don't want him; or we break the bank. We don't want him if he's not good enough for the Roosters. And while Mam and Walsh are on our books, we can't afford to win a bidding war.

In my opinion, great halfbacks are born, not coached. Yet, even the freaks still take at least a couple of years in the NRL before they're capable of leading a team to win a premiership.

Because of our cap strain, we either have to arbitrage another undervalued veteran like Reynolds or we have to blood a junior. Most likely the latter.

Whoever is to succeed Reynolds needs to be on our books now and training with the renegades. We don't have much time.

I'm ruling out Walker. There's only two ways we get him: the Roosters don't want him; or we break the bank. We don't want him if he's not good enough for the Roosters. And while Mam and Walsh are on our books, we can't afford to win a bidding war.

In my opinion, great halfbacks are born, not coached. Yet, even the freaks still take at least a couple of years in the NRL before they're capable of leading a team to win a premiership.

Because of our cap strain, we either have to arbitrage another undervalued veteran like Reynolds or we have to blood a junior. Most likely the latter.

Whoever is to succeed Reynolds needs to be on our books now and training with the renegades. We don't have much time.

Illias is an example of what you are talkin about .
Needs time to grow into the job . Unfortunately the pressure to win every week is always there .
I think Cody Walker may play 7 and Wighton 6 this season .

Illias is an example of what you are talkin about .
Needs time to grow into the job . Unfortunately the pressure to win every week is always there .
I think Cody Walker may play 7 and Wighton 6 this season .
Jahrome Hughes is another.

Agreed with walker.

Madden will do a job but the 1, 6 and 9 will need to take over a lot more then they currently do and they are best placed at the moment injecting themselves like they are.

I would have loved if we got jamal fogarty for 1 or 2 years while black or whoever grows into it but that ship has sailed. Would be resonably cheap, but what we need.

I don't mind madden and think any other would be a sideways, and more expensive, move but with less team connections that he will build up. I think he will get better for sure.

Milford 2018 was good 😅

Sam Walker. But I don't think it happens.

Honestly, I have no clue, and that's what scares me.

Sadly I think Madden has "mediocre journeyman" written all over him, Walker would be nice but I don't think the Sombreros will be doing us any favors, and Lachlan Lam SEEMS to be a talent but is largely unproven.

Tom Dearden would also be nice but I think he has more or less thrown whatever loyalty he felt to the Broncos in the trash. So I guess Lachlan Lam? On potential alone? But damn if that isn't anxiety inducing.

Besides Cleary, all the good halfbacks lately seem to hit their peak in their late 20's, that's why I still have hope for Madden. If he has the drive, with Reynolds coaching him and our other guns around him he could be a decent/great 7.

I thought he played his role well in this game.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Tim K
  • Rambstien
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dazza 92
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosMan
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.