OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Other

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
Damn , Black played like 10 minutes in a trial against park footballers .
Now he`s the new messiah ?
I would like to see a much larger sample size before I say he`s the Broncos long term #7 .
Still very much not my point at all. 2 posts ago my most ideal halfback option was Brad Schneider. I don’t see how me saying that Ethan Sanders is no better off than Coby Black is even remotely me saying he is the messiah. My point being Ethan Sanders is an awesome player but he isn’t very valuable to us in 18 months time if he isn’t any more developed than Coby Black who is definitely not remotely developed enough. Point being as good as Ethan is he is probably ruled off the list of options.

Damn , Black played like 10 minutes in a trial against park footballers .
Now he`s the new messiah ?
I would like to see a much larger sample size before I say he`s the Broncos long term #7 .
I'm firmly on the Black bandwagon.

Like Mozer, he already appears to have a mature football brain. Unlike competing candidates who are much older. As did Walsh when he played the same match.

That's what the fuss is about.

I'm firmly on the Black bandwagon.

Like Mozer, he already appears to have a mature football brain. Unlike competing candidates who are much older. As did Walsh when he played the same match.

That's what the fuss is about.
I think being realistic he will not be first grade ready till 2027 at the earliest though, 2026 is a hole that needs to be filled at this stage.

Katoa. (A man can dream).

Schneider who got mentioned a page or so back is also a good shout if you are waiting to blood the eventual replacement, Black.

He should get a bit of game time this year with Cleary injuries/resting/origin etc.

Katoa. (A man can dream).

Schneider who got mentioned a page or so back is also a good shout if you are waiting to blood the eventual replacement, Black.

He should get a bit of game time this year with Cleary injuries/resting/origin etc.
Schneider is one to watch imo.

It was interesting hearing Sailor talk about fielding bombs from the halves at training, he said Black had the best ones followed by Madden and Reynolds.
Black can kick. Though bHQ won't have enough the patience to let him develop. They will eat him up and spit him out in a season or two at the broncs. He will be signed by the cowboys and haunt us in every single derby we play

Black can kick. Though bHQ won't have enough the patience to let him develop. They will eat him up and spit him out in a season or two at the broncs. He will be signed by the cowboys and haunt us in every single derby we play
Yeah that's why I would wait till 2027, unless he somehow gets regular footy in Qcup asap.

he will be training with the boys anyway which will help him big time.

Settle down everyone. Walsh, mam carrigan and hopefully a developed mozer will mean you could throw a tennis ball in the 7 jersey and we will be good.

The other night mam was off for 60 mins, Walters and smoothy are out of form, no walsh for 75 mins and he is coming in as the back up still. At Penrith... ffs that's a hard asker, what are we, souths?!

I agree he isn't the long term answer. Blak looks like rhat though. Walker is hugely over rated
i would go Lachie Lam while waiting for Black

Schneider is one to watch imo.
Ilias isn't a bad shout. In a good system hecould be good. Would be crushing to the bunnies if we nabbed him at value and turned him around. All reports suggest the environment at Redfern is toxic. Red Hill coukd be good for him

It was interesting hearing Sailor talk about fielding bombs from the halves at training, he said Black had the best ones followed by Madden and Reynolds.

Yeah, he rains them down out of the right-hand side, poor Kava at the Dolphins is still having bad dreams.

I think the issue with Black is his lack of football, four games this year, six last year, two in Cyril in 22.

I think young players and particularly halves should be hunting games down wherever they can.

Last week I was looking forward to Black playing against Tweed- they're the best Meninga team this year with the best spine.

Black trained with the Broncos in the morning and then didn't play for Bears in the afternoon.

Meninga finishes in a month and if Bears don't make finals he's going to play eight games this year- I think they will make finals because they cross over into the weak pool so games against the Bulls will be a chance for Black to rack up 7/7 and two tries but I want to see him playing against Tweed and taking that challenge on.

I think the issue with Black is his lack of football, four games this year, six last year, two in Cyril in 22.

I think young players and particularly halves should be hunting games down wherever they can.

Last week I was looking forward to Black playing against Tweed- they're the best Meninga team this year with the best spine.

Black trained with the Broncos in the morning and then didn't play for Bears in the afternoon.

Meninga finishes in a month and if Bears don't make finals he's going to play eight games this year- I think they will make finals because they cross over into the weak pool so games against the Bulls will be a chance for Black to rack up 7/7 and two tries but I want to see him playing against Tweed and taking that challenge on.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • Tim K
  • Rambstien
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dazza 92
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosMan
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.