OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Other

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
Is Ilias the victim of being in a poor team? Reynolds got significantly better being away from the South Sydney system. Could the same apply to Ilias? He looked significantly better in reserve grade. Would he be able to play the role of a game managing halfback that could steer our team around the park?

Imagine if we signed Ilias to take over from Reynolds and he becomes an elite halfback here. It would be hilarious given that Souths offloaded Reynolds to accommodate Ilias after they believed that Ilias would be a generational halfback for them.
jizz in my pants GIF

I think Jake Clifford would be a decent option. His kicking game would be the closest to what Reynolds provides, and he is approaching the age where halves generally hit their peak. He'd be cheap too.

I don't think there is an answer to this question yet.

Unless Madden shits the bed before Reyno retires we will probably start a season of him at 7 before deciding what to do next.

The market isn't favourable for us given the lack of options.

When Mam seemed to take control the other night and get more involved we looked a far better team attack wise.
The remainder of this season and next he's only going to grow, as will Walsh.
I think by the end of this year we will have a better idea of what we're going to need in that 7 jumper.
Mozer and Carrigan also will play a key roles into what's needed at 7 post Reynolds.

When Mam seemed to take control the other night and get more involved we looked a far better team attack wise.
The remainder of this season and next he's only going to grow, as will Walsh.
I think by the end of this year we will have a better idea of what we're going to need in that 7 jumper.
Mozer and Carrigan also will play a key roles into what's needed at 7 post Reynolds.
Still think Mam is a 6 and should stay there, left sided halves are rarely 7s and he works best with a run first mentality.

Walsh will very much be our key player to help the 7 given he has a very good kicking and passing set play game and that will only improve.

After watching Mam take control at the end of the Riff game maybe he could be an option at 7 if Madden doesn't fire? With Reyno retiring next year maybe now is the time to start handing some of the 5th tackle kicking duties to Mam?

Also with Reyno struggling with leg injuries maybe it's time to hand the goal kicking duties over to Staggs. Staggs is an ok kicker and this takes some of the pressure and workload off Reyno especially the kicking practice that I imagine he does at training during the week.

Settle down everyone. Walsh, mam carrigan and hopefully a developed mozer will mean you could throw a tennis ball in the 7 jersey and we will be good.

The other night mam was off for 60 mins, Walters and smoothy are out of form, no walsh for 75 mins and he is coming in as the back up still. At Penrith... ffs that's a hard asker, what are we, souths?!

I agree he isn't the long term answer. Blak looks like rhat though. Walker is hugely over rated

Its really slim picking locally. I cant see walker leaving roosters.

Mike Lewis, as @Wolfie said is probably the best potential wild card. Lachlan Lam probably also better than other options here.

This question really depends on how fast Coby Black develops ... If he's ready by the time Reynolds has retired (so ready to start in 2026) then he'll be it, because I think he is our long term option.

and if by that time we have a settles spine of Mozer, Walsh and Mam ... we maybe able to ease him into first grade (even as our starting 7)

I think Mam has first dibs on the #7, its been touted multiple times that he wants that jumper. Seeing him kick on the weekend, it has really improved since he first came onto the scene. Maybe if Sailor is still around he might get a look in the halves and Mam as our #7.

I think Mam has first dibs on the #7, its been touted multiple times that he wants that jumper. Seeing him kick on the weekend, it has really improved since he first came onto the scene. Maybe if Sailor is still around he might get a look in the halves and Mam as our #7.
Mam was popping up on the right a fair bit on Thursday night and was looking reasonably comfortable over there... compared to times on the left when the outside defence has him running into a culdesac

Reynolds confirmed on Freddy & The Eighth that Ezra wants that 7 jumper when he retires and sees himself as a long term game-manager.

I think we're going to be seeing Ezra move to 7 with Reyno mentoring him. But who takes the 5/8 spot? Walsh is going to remain at fullback so he's out of the question.

Reynolds confirmed on Freddy & The Eighth that Ezra wants that 7 jumper when he retires and sees himself as a long term game-manager.

I think we're going to be seeing Ezra move to 7 with Reyno mentoring him. But who takes the 5/8 spot? Walsh is going to remain at fullback so he's out of the question.
6 is a lot easier to cover than a game managing 7 in my opinion.

That is interesting to hear.

Maybe they plan on playing Madden or Black at 5/8 instead.

I think we're going to be seeing Ezra move to 7 with Reyno mentoring him.

Reynolds reading BHQ.

It's still to be seen for me, I would want Mam to do more kicking if he is to do that role but it seems any kicking he was doing last year has been given to Walsh this year which wouldn't be best for his development if he is to be the next 7.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Morkel
  • Kev_Guz
  • Rah88
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lozza
  • MrRobot
  • Maddy
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Spoon
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncotville
  • Broncosgirl
  • phoenix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 55 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.