OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Other

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
Is Ilias the victim of being in a poor team? Reynolds got significantly better being away from the South Sydney system. Could the same apply to Ilias? He looked significantly better in reserve grade. Would he be able to play the role of a game managing halfback that could steer our team around the park?

Imagine if we signed Ilias to take over from Reynolds and he becomes an elite halfback here. It would be hilarious given that Souths offloaded Reynolds to accommodate Ilias after they believed that Ilias would be a generational halfback for them.

Think we will stick with Madden tbh, however I have heard that a 5 year contract worth 5 mill could get Walker from 25

Halfbacks off contract in 2024: Jake Clifford, Toby Sexton, Dean Hawkins, Brandon Wakeham, Thomas Weaver, Shaun Johnson

Halfbacks off contract in 2025: Jakob Arthur, Tanah Boyd, Kyle Flanagan, Jackson Hastings, Ben Hunt, Drew Hutchison, Lachlan Ilias, Sean O'Sullivan, Jonah Pezet, Adam Reynolds, Brad Schneider, DCE, Aiden Seizer, Braydon Tindall, Sam Walker

Halfbacks off contract in 2026: Jack Cogger, Jamal Fogarty, Jahrome Hughes, Jock Madden, Sandon Smith

Is there anyone from this list that we think would be worth recruiting? Perhaps anyone promising that is not getting game time currently?

Halfbacks off contract in 2024: Jake Clifford, Toby Sexton, Dean Hawkins, Brandon Wakeham, Thomas Weaver, Shaun Johnson

Halfbacks off contract in 2025: Jakob Arthur, Tanah Boyd, Kyle Flanagan, Jackson Hastings, Ben Hunt, Drew Hutchison, Lachlan Ilias, Sean O'Sullivan, Jonah Pezet, Adam Reynolds, Brad Schneider, DCE, Aiden Seizer, Braydon Tindall, Sam Walker

Halfbacks off contract in 2026: Jack Cogger, Jamal Fogarty, Jahrome Hughes, Jock Madden, Sandon Smith

Is there anyone from this list that we think would be worth recruiting? Perhaps anyone promising that is not getting game time currently?
I think Fogarty would be our best short term replacement, but he’d come a year late. Maybe we can go after Hunt on a short term (1 or 2 year) contract until we figure it out?

From the younger halves, swalker would obviously be the one target and his style would work well with Walsh and Mam, no chance the rorters let him walk tho and we can’t afford to pay insane cash to get him here. Pezet could be a good shout too.

Isaiah Katoa is off contract in 2025. He'd be the one i would be looking at. He's going to be top class. And i do like Mikey Lewis from Hull KR. He's got a bit of mongrel in him as well.

Katoa would also be my pick. He’s going to be élite eventually but is being stuffed around at Dolphins - shifted between 7 and 6, and with a different halves partner every other week. Has been much better for Tonga. Game management + kicks goals.

But I also agree Sexton could be the best value option. Not flashy but can steer the team around. I think some love from Kevvie would really help him develop.

I would be pursuing Sam Walker hard. Comes off contract the same year Reyno probably calls it quits, still young, the timing is perfect

As unpopular as it would be on here, I'd move Billy Walters to halfback after Reynolds retires as opposed to buying someone in. If Madden or Black come good, Billy won't be there long.

Yes.

He still shits all over Madden and Walters from a great height

Better at line breaks, and assy plays. His kicking isn't great, and hes very small in defense. Shown some signs of injury proness too. Besides he has zero love for the horse, maybe even a bit of hate.

At $700k, it's a rip off.

Better at line breaks, and assy plays. His kicking isn't great, and hes very small in defense. Shown some signs of injury proness too. Besides he has zero love for the horse, maybe even a bit of hate.

At $700k, it's a rip off.

we'd have to pay a fair bit more than $700k to pry him away from the Roosters.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Foordy
  • kiwibronco
  • Bucking Beads
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • GCBRONCO
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • bb_gun
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.