2018 NRL Side

Yea great thing we signed a injury prone, inconsistent player on a massive money for 4 years just great.

Well hodges couldn't handle full time fullback duties late in his career due to his hamstrings. It seems now Boyd is in the same boat. We need a contingency plan for fullback. Isaako ready?

All that finals series proved is that Hunt probably should have been a 9 from the get go. That some version of Hunt and Macca alternating at 9 would have been ideal, and let us find a proper halves partner for Milf much earlier, Kodi or otherwise.
Hahahaha! Yeah bro a scoreless game with Hunt at 9 against Storm and a 50 point put on us by the Eels. Hunt is a good attacking hooker just like Nikorima or even Milford would be for that matter. But Rugby league isn't about just scoring points, it's about defending points aswell.

Hahahaha! Yeah bro a scoreless game with Hunt at 9 against Storm and a 50 point put on us by the Eels. Hunt is a good attacking hooker just like Nikorima or even Milford would be for that matter. But Rugby league isn't about just scoring points, it's about defending points aswell.

That eels game wasn't the finals series, and no one was beating the storm last year.

No one questions Macca's awesomeness in defence - but hopefully he was paying attention to what Hunt was doing in attack. That is simply one area he can improve, his kicking game will be very valuable.

If you’re going to say that Macca was the reason that we got belted by the Eels then equally Macca must be at fault when he’s there and we get a flogging; such as against Melbourne - rd 17 2016.

I’m not saying he’s responsible for that (that would be silly). But it’s equally silly to say that had Macca been there our defence against the Eels would have been better.

If you’re going to say that Macca was the reason that we got belted by the Eels then equally Macca must be at fault when he’s there and we get a flogging; such as against Melbourne - rd 17 2016.

I’m not saying he’s responsible for that (that would be silly). But it’s equally silly to say that had Macca been there our defence against the Eels would have been better.

Not quite sure how that's silly tbh. Sure, we may have still been beaten but you'd have to think having a defensive worker like Macca there would have tightened things up quite a bit.

Are we back on Macca again?

Macca is too slow out of dummy half and doesn't have the vision of cam smith.

Not quite sure how that's silly tbh. Sure, we may have still been beaten but you'd have to think having a defensive worker like Macca there would have tightened things up quite a bit.
You are a smart man.

Got the article it is a tweak.

DARIUS Boyd’s troublesome hamstring has flared again with the Broncos captain struck down a month out from pre-season trials.
Boyd suffered a “tweak” at training on Monday in the left hamstring which hampered his NRL finals campaign last season.
The injury was not an aggravation of the serious tendon tear which ruled him out of the World Cup.
But it is another sign the Test and Origin star is facing a battle to manage his hamstring issues in the back end of his career.
54f34bddfd526324653c0e2ddeb7072c

Managing his body is becoming a priority for Boyd. Photo: Annette Dew
Broncos high performance manager Jeremy Hickmans confirmed Boyd had been placed on a restricted training program.
“He had a little tweak which will slow him down a little bit,” he said.
“It’s nothing too sinister. He will probably be out of skills for a couple of weeks to build it back up again.
“It’s a completely different spot to his other problem. It is related but not completely related.
“It was a decent injury the first one. He did a bit of damage to his tendon. He’s been going really well so it’s a little bit annoying.
“These things happen a little bit in pre-season. Hopefully we can get him back up and ready to go.”
5c127cdeffd3fc3d9b0408340fa0110b

Injury forced Boyd to the sidelines during last year’s finals. Photo: Adam Head
Boyd’s hamstring woes relate to the Achilles injury he suffered in December 2014.
He suffered the tendon injury in Brisbane’s last round match against the Cowboys last year and missed the next two finals, returning in the heavy preliminary final defeat to Melbourne where he looked inconvenienced by the issue.
The 30-year-old fullback signed a four-year contract extension after the 2017 season which will keep him at the Broncos until 2021.
During last year’s finals, Boyd admitted he would have to manage the problem for the remainder of his career.
“I must be smarter about my final seasons,” he said.
“Missing training sessions has never sat well with me but I need to pay more attention to my body, have days off my legs and preserve myself.”

3cd2a858dcdbe8b5e17294730968c0a5

57488b7600ad7b9de5f1b073ba428a5d

McGuire locks eyes on 2018
The Broncos have been in a pre-season camp on the Sunshine Coast since Tuesday.
Boyd has been restricted in training sessions and is no certainty to feature in Brisbane’s trial matches against the Titans (February 17) and PNG Hunters (February 24).
But Hickmans said he expected the 267-game NRL veteran to be available for Brisbane’s Round 1 clash against former club St George-Illawarra on March 8.
“He is still training, he just can’t do the full-on skills at the moment,” he said. “It’s something we’ve all got to be a bit aware of.
“Unfortunately it’s a bit of a learning curve for all of us. He’s gone from being able to doing everything to now we’ve got to modify his training and prioritise a bit more.
“It’s always difficult when you find out what he can’t do but it’s good to do it now rather than in season. We can work out what his load will be and deal with it best.
“He should be fine (for Round 1) — we are still about eight weeks away from the first game so there is plenty of time.”
Back-up playmaker Troy Dargan also suffered a hamstring injury on Monday, however his is more severe and will see him miss up to a month of training.

If his hammy is fucked next year we really need to look at moving him to the centres and having a roaming role like hodgo and find a long term fb he can help

Well if Boyd's hammies are gone (which seems the case), time for Isaako or Allan to show they want that spot. The opportunity will present itself.

Are we back on Macca again?

Macca is too slow out of dummy half and doesn't have the vision of cam smith.
No we are not.

I am just saying you can't blame one player for the defensive sins of the team. Nor would one player have fixed that up.

That's what I am saying is silly about the early post.

Well if Boyd's hammies are gone (which seems the case), time for Isaako or Allan to show they want that spot. The opportunity will present itself.

Allan is the 1 that could take the spot just needs to bulk up and get the experience.

I reckon it will be Bird once he is fit. Issako would be a stop gap, Allan is nowhere near ready. Bird has played plenty there, but i do Wonder if Jimmy wouldnt be an option.

Dare I say it, is Khunt available on the cheap after his recent fiasco?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • mrslong
  • Midean
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • phoenix
  • DMZ
  • Wolfie
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.