2018 NRL Side

Dare I say it, is Khunt available on the cheap after his recent fiasco?

This.

However i want our money to go for a half - unless Wayne is shuffling cards with Dargan in the back room.

Also the news of Boyd "tweking" his hammy again is no good. From experience - he has some serious rehab work and potentially shorter career to consider.

Dare I say it, is Khunt available on the cheap after his recent fiasco?
I'd honestly take him in a heart beat. He was one of my favourite players before he left and was absolutely magnificent at the back with a great passing and short kicking game (People often say slater revolutionised the fullback role, but Karmichael hunt was the best ball playing fullback I have ever seen (even when compared to Darren Lockyer when he played fullback)). Bring him in at fullback, send Boyd to wing and we have a backline of Hunt, Kahu, Roberts, Bird and Boyd, pretty bloody formidable!

We should have a strict ‘no harmichaels’ policy.

I'd honestly take him in a heart beat. He was one of my favourite players before he left and was absolutely magnificent at the back with a great passing and short kicking game (People often say slater revolutionised the fullback role, but Karmichael hunt was the best ball playing fullback I have ever seen (even when compared to Darren Lockyer when he played fullback)). Bring him in at fullback, send Boyd to wing and we have a backline of Hunt, Kahu, Roberts, Bird and Boyd, pretty bloody formidable!

Really? The most memorable thing I remember when it comes to Hunt were his suicidal kick returns. No doubt there was ball playing, but better than Slater and Lockyer? Super Freak to do a KHunt highlights reel. Don't get me wrong, loved him when he was here and was gutted when he left......I like a lot of others saw him as the future, long term captain of the club.

Really? The most memorable thing I remember when it comes to Hunt were his suicidal kick returns. No doubt there was ball playing, but better than Slater and Lockyer? Super Freak to do a KHunt highlights reel. Don't get me wrong, loved him when he was here and was gutted when he left......I like a lot of others saw him as the future, long term captain of the club.

the only real playmaking i remember from him was the short kick behind the line for the second man play

He had good vision and a good short ball and long cutout pass which was a regular feature in the 2008 season. He also had a great bullet pass. He was very good in setting up his outside men and setting up tries.

He was better than Slater in that department, but back then Slater was more of a runner. In saying that, I still think Hunt would still be better than Slater in that department today.

But Lockyer? Not even close.

I’d definitely put his ball playing above Slater.

K Hunt was great for such a young fella - 17 in first grade, fearless and mature (football anyway) beyond his years. Incredible. He could have been so great, it’s a real shame he left.
But honestly, if 2006 (and every other time he sporadically played there since) proved anything, the best fullback we’ve had since Lockyer is Hodges - and that includes Boyd.
He could do it all and was so incredibly dangerous as a runner - in a whole different world to anyone else we’ve had back there in that regard.
I’ve said it before, give me Hodges in his prime ahead of Slater in his prime.
I expect some will disagree, but he was a beast at fullback post his big Roosters mistake.

K Hunt was great for such a young fella - 17 in first grade, fearless and mature (football anyway) beyond his years. Incredible. He could have been so great, it’s a real shame he left.
But honestly, if 2006 (and every other time he sporadically played there since) proved anything, the best fullback we’ve had since Lockyer is Hodges - and that includes Boyd.
He could do it all and was so incredibly dangerous as a runner - in a whole different world to anyone else we’ve had back there in that regard.
I’ve said it before, give me Hodges in his prime ahead of Slater in his prime.
I expect some will disagree, but he was a beast at fullback post his big Roosters mistake.

Some may disagree but no one who watched him at fullback at the back-end of 06 would disagree. Hodges was just so silky, it is a testament to him that he was just so good at centre as well, he would have been great anywhere in the backline...probably could have even been great in the second-row.

Some may disagree but no one who watched him at fullback at the back-end of 06 would disagree. Hodges was just so silky, it is a testament to him that he was just so good at centre as well, he would have been great anywhere in the backline...probably could have even been great in the second-row.
Moving him to Fullback midway through ‘06 gave us that edge we needed. He (and Berrigan) essentially turned that Bulldogs game. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Hodgo’s career would have been over much quicker if he played at fullback.

His body was his worst enemy.

Wasn't his body's worst enemy Justin hodges? He wasn't big on the recovery sessions

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • Big Del
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.