2018 NRL Side

Really? The most memorable thing I remember when it comes to Hunt were his suicidal kick returns. No doubt there was ball playing, but better than Slater and Lockyer? Super Freak to do a KHunt highlights reel. Don't get me wrong, loved him when he was here and was gutted when he left......I like a lot of others saw him as the future, long term captain of the club.

Definitely better at ball playing than Slater IMO. Slater isnt a particularly clever ball player, and in the past half his passes went into the stands. He sets up tries with his speed and footwork.

Allan is the 1 that could take the spot just needs to bulk up and get the experience.
Then what happens to Boyd? Can we throw him in the bin and get our 3 plus million dollars back?

Nah, jokes aside what is the future for Boyd guys? Surely fullback will not be his position in 2 years time. It would have to be center I assume. No one pays that kind of coin for a winger.

Then what happens to Boyd? Can we throw him in the bin and get our 3 plus million dollars back?

Nah, jokes aside what is the future for Boyd guys? Surely fullback will not be his position in 2 years time. It would have to be center I assume. No one pays that kind of coin for a winger.

Boyd best place for him and imo his best position is on the wing.

Bennett grants Oats second row wish.
Now after a three-year selection collision course, Bennett has finally granted the winger his one wish.

Oates has been spotted training on the left edge for Brisbane, with Channel Seven reporting the versatile giant will be given first shot in the back-row during the opening rounds of the 2018 season.

He played in the forwards up until 2015 when Bennett began to experiment, turning Brisbane's second-fastest player over 40m into a try-scoring machine out wide.

It even earned him four Maroons appearances where he managed to put two tries on the board.

In his debut season at Red Hill, Oates crossed over for eight tries in nine matches on the edge and won the Broncos' Rookie of the Year award, also being named in the NYC Team of the Year in the scrum.

With Australian and Queensland representative Matt Gillett playing a full-time role in the no.12 jersey, Bennett's change of heart means Alex Glenn will likely see more minutes from the bench.

It's the second major change to their forward pack structure following the announcement Matt Lodge will head the pack with Korbin Sims in the front-row in the absence of Adam Blair.

Lodge McCullough Sims....Tagatese,Joffa
Oates, Gillet..........................Glen,Thaiday
Moose
All forward bench with Oates to drop out and cover the backs during a game if required ?

Maybe not...

With TPJ,Sua and the young guns we seem to have a good supply. I still think Thaiday will be in qcup pretty quickly unless he's super committed to his final season.

Sorry typo and I don't know how to edit post on phone, should read : I still get mad**

Really? The most memorable thing I remember when it comes to Hunt were his suicidal kick returns. No doubt there was ball playing, but better than Slater and Lockyer? Super Freak to do a KHunt highlights reel. Don't get me wrong, loved him when he was here and was gutted when he left......I like a lot of others saw him as the future, long term captain of the club.
He's not even close to Lockyer... but I'd have him ahead of Slater. Khunt led our team in assists one year (2008??) and through him and Bennet basically introduced the sweep as it is today.

Comparing to Slater (at the time khunt was in NRL)
- Both safe at the back but I'd have khunt ahead. Billy would often leave the ground to take contested bombs and dropped a few whereas K cleaned up everything.
- Kick returns billy ahead because he could break the line whereas K tried to make meters and break bones
- Playmaking khunt by the straight. K played the sweep and overlap better than Boyd does now he also had a short kick for repeats. Slater is still relatively poor but the storm system saves him. He quite often still throws it into the grand stand.

To me khunt should've been the qld origin fullback over billy due to his far superior playmaking. But it wasn't to be and then he left, which put us in a huge hole to try and replace.

Now he looks like a homeless crack head who can't keep a spot in a sub par sporting code

He had good vision and a good short ball and long cutout pass which was a regular feature in the 2008 season. He also had a great bullet pass. He was very good in setting up his outside men and setting up tries.

He was better than Slater in that department, but back then Slater was more of a runner. In saying that, I still think Hunt would still be better than Slater in that department today.

But Lockyer? Not even close.
I'm not comparing him to lockyer at end of his career in 5/8th. Just the earlier stuff in his career at fullback. Remember Hunt left the nrl when he was 22 or something. Absolute freak of a talent at the time. I'm confident had he have stayed in the NRL with the Broncos, he would have been a club captain, and go down as one of the greats.

I'm not comparing him to lockyer at end of his career in 5/8th. Just the earlier stuff in his career at fullback. Remember Hunt left the nrl when he was 22 or something. Absolute freak of a talent at the time. I'm confident had he have stayed in the NRL with the Broncos, he would have been a club captain, and go down as one of the greats.

Or dragged half the team down the gurgler with him completely fucking us over.

Even at a younger age Lockyer was far ahead of Karmichael Hunt as a playmaker at fullback, he was a natural playmaking 5/8th manufactured into a fullback. So was Julian O'Neill who threw away his career at the Broncos with off field behavior issues(losing both his parents when he was about 6 didn't help). Compare Hunt all you want at a younger age to Lockyer, but he isn't in the same ballpark.

Last edited:
Even at a younger age Lockyer was far ahead of Karmichael Hunt as a playmaker at fullback, he was a natural playmaking 5/8th manufactured into a fullback. So was Julian O'Neill who threw away his career at the Broncos with off field behavior issues(losing both his parents when he was about 6 didn't help). Compare Hunt all you want at a younger age to Lockyer, but he isn't in the same ballpark.

Jule's nickname was pope- because he would never pass the pill.

Boyd has his short comings with kick return or getting to kicks in the in goal sure but in 2016 he was seen as the best fullback in the country none the less. he had an injury affected season and his pet play was barely used in 2017.

it’s a new year if he gets right injury wise he will be a mainstay

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Stix
  • lynx000
  • Fozz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Maddy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Inknition
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
  • Lozza
  • Manifesto
  • broncos4life
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.