2018 NRL Side

We prepared well for 2015 and the rule changes but seeing as no other team did the NRL just allowed everybody to wrestle and slow the game and the play the ball down which is pretty much the opposite of what the rule changes were designed for.
Exactly.... it's sad because it's no coincidence that it was an amazing grand final (coming from a man who had his heart ripped out in that gf). If the nrl followed through with it size (would still be a good benefit of course) and wrestle would be a distant nescesity compared to skill

Pearson has got potential, much more than Maranta ever had. He had a couple bad games. He is still very young.
Every 21 yo has potential or else he wouldn't have a NRL contract. He'll get a couple opportunities this year and if he performs, he might be around for awhile. If not, he'll be working as a removalist in three years time.

Wrestle + exploiting the HIA rules. It’s one thing to push the envelope in order to gain an advantage. It’s another to champion techniques that are designed to incapacitate the opponent and exploit rules that are there for player safety.

Wrestle + exploiting the HIA rules. It’s one thing to push the envelope in order to gain an advantage. It’s another to champion techniques that are designed to incapacitate the opponent and exploit rules that are there for player safety.
A not so subtle dig at the Storm, love it.

A not so subtle dig at the Storm, love it.

There was no subtlety intended, just a response to the above. For mine, the reduced interchange that we've built our team towards has been completely nullified by the deliberate exploitation of the HIA rules. That's why teams like the Storm are still able to build a platform off their big players without suffering fatigue. It's a fucking joke that they're allowed to get away with something so blatant, but what do we expect, it's the NRL.

Exactly.... it's sad because it's no coincidence that it was an amazing grand final (coming from a man who had his heart ripped out in that gf). If the nrl followed through with it size (would still be a good benefit of course) and wrestle would be a distant nescesity compared to skill
The Grand Final was shit compared to the game we played before that. Cowboys begged the Broncos and the refs to allow an open and fast game and then laid on us all night.

Would be good to have a frizzell/papalii/kaufusi type backrower on the left edge.

Thaiday was the original but he's well past it there.

so we looking at a backline of

1.Boyd, 2. Pearson, 3. Bird, 4. Roberts, 5. Kahu?

I'm all for Oates going to the second row and am excited about it but our wingers don't fill me with much excitement.

The Grand Final was shit compared to the game we played before that. Cowboys begged the Broncos and the refs to allow an open and fast game and then laid on us all night.
Thank God, I thought I was taking crazy pills. The GF was open and fast for maybe the first 20 minutes and then it turned into a grind fest. If it wasn't for the natural tension of it being a close scoreline with everything riding on it, it would have been a fairly average game of footy.

This thread needs to get back on topic.

If you have any issue with any posts, then please report it and the staff will look at it and decide if further action should be taken.

Edit: Ignored staff warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Ignored staff warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
so we looking at a backline of

1.Boyd, 2. Pearson, 3. Bird, 4. Roberts, 5. Kahu?

I'm all for Oates going to the second row and am excited about it but our wingers don't fill me with much excitement.
Isakko should be on wing and kahu on the other.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • Thelmus
  • MrRobot
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • RolledOates
  • Big Del
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • scobie
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • marw
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • The True King
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.