2018 NRL Side

Maranta was a better player than what Pearson is.
How many games has Pearson played? 6? 7? It is far too early to be making such a bold statement especially with the simplistic reason that you have given.

How many games has Pearson played? 6? 7? It is far too early to be making such a bold statement especially with the simplistic reason that you have given.

There could be a real reason because of that.

Well actually, maybe it does. I can confirm players do go online a LOT and do indulge in looking up things about themselves.

I know for a fact that certain Broncos players have visited the forum before and do see things written about them. Remember, they're 20ish year olds in a digital social media world.

Think about it
Anyone who does think about it seriously would realize that an overwhelming proportion of current and former players have browsed this forum reading avidly about themselves. As I say it's my experience that most people in this digital age type their own name into google, mainly just out of curiosity . A player is no different and one of the results that would definitely come up is their name, bronco headquarters related.

Especially so if a thread has their name in it or they've received hundreds of mentions.

Anyone who does think about it seriously would realize that an overwhelming proportion of current and former players have browsed this forum reading avidly about themselves. As I say it's my experience that most people in this digital age type their own name into google, mainly just out of curiosity . A player is no different and one of the results that would definitely come up is their name, bronco headquarters related.

Especially so if a thread has their name in it or they've received hundreds of mentions.

God I hope Anthony Griffin didn't google his own name, pretty sure our 204 page "Sack Griffin" thread would've been one of the first things he saw.

Henjak wouldn't know how to google.

I do feel somewhat sorry for the bloke, making him go through the off season and then ditching him at the last minute. Don't take that as me defending his credentials as a coach, I'm not. Still need to show a bit of respect and professionalism in handling it.

Well if they do read this or any thread that mentions them on here, then they better take Wayne Bennett's advice or they end up bat shit crazy ...

He was quoted of saying something along the lines of: "If you start worrying about what the fans say, it won't be long before you're sitting in the grandstands with them"

God I hope Anthony Griffin didn't google his own name, pretty sure our 204 page "Sack Griffin" thread would've been one of the first things he saw.
Well, human nature being what it is I'd say the temptation would be to take a sticky beak but with that said I'd think he may have read a page or two before giving up. As a WB student he may have learned to ignore the media
Well if they do read this or any thread that mentions them on here, then they better take Wayne Bennett's advice or they end up bat shit crazy ...

He was quoted of saying something along the lines of: "If you start worrying about what the fans say, it won't be long before you're sitting in the grandstands with them"

Well, human nature being what it is I'd say the temptation would be to take a sticky beak but with that said I'd think he may have read a page or two before giving up. As a WB student he may have learned to ignore the media

Griffin was busy googling how to bulk up in the shortest amount of time anyway.

So the same could be said to the people claiming Pearson is the better of the 2 as well.

So the same could be said to the people claiming Pearson is the better of the 2 as well.
Of course. Personally, I don't think Pearson will forge out enough of a career for a proper comparison to be made which would make Maranta the better player, I suppose.

Of course. Personally, I don't think Pearson will forge out enough of a career for a proper comparison to be made which would make Maranta the better player, I suppose.

but Maranta can't even make a shitty Reds team ... so that would be a point in Pearsons column if he plays some games for us this year :p

but Maranta can't even make a shitty Reds team ... so that would be a point in Pearsons column if he plays some games for us this year :p

Yes because every Rugby League convert to Union makes it there, right Willie Carne? Seriously though no one is in a position to say Pearson is a better or worse position based on a handful of games with mixed performances, you need a bigger career time-frame to evaluate that.

Pearson has got potential, much more than Maranta ever had. He had a couple bad games. He is still very young.

Pearson has got potential, much more than Maranta ever had. He had a couple bad games. He is still very young.

Dave Taylor had more potential at a younger age then Corey Parker did, one worked his ass off and only improved with age, won a premiership and played 347 games for his club and would go onto be a regular figure for his state and country. The other though naturally more gifted could never reach his potential with poor attitude and work ethic going from club to club, played a few rep games but outside of that nothing to note. Potential means squat if you don't deliver on it.

I'm not prepared to write Pearson off, but I'm also not prepared to hype him up either, especially not with the competition that is coming through the ranks, he doesn't have the luxury of time on his side I'm afraid, 2018 will be make or break for him IMO

Sims doesn't look too intimidatingly big there. Our team has gotten a lot bigger this year but a lot of those bigger juniors are a few years off. Our team will still be dwarfed by the cowboys and Melbourne. I know size isn't everything but it certainly seems to be the way the stronger teams have headed the last 2-3 years in particular (the opposite of what everyone predicted when our smaller forward with less interchanges style produced in 2015)

We prepared well for 2015 and the rule changes but seeing as no other team did the NRL just allowed everybody to wrestle and slow the game and the play the ball down which is pretty much the opposite of what the rule changes were designed for.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Manofoneway
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Big Del
  • Notorious
  • heartly87
  • Socnorb
  • Fozz
  • Volvo Driver
  • Culhwch
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MrTickyMcG
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.