2018 NRL Side

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Then they're not really predictions, are they?

Still a prediction imo. I will make a prediction but I won't say it with any certainty. Honestly don't even look at the ladder until about 10 rounds in either.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Who covers hooker while maccas has a breather / who starts for 20 and allows Macca to come on and play the last 60? im guessing it will take him 5-6 rounds to build up to 80 minutes again. Personally I can’t see any of our “utilities” been up to the task so I’m thinking either Thaiday or Glenn get the job until Macca is ready for 80. Simple instructions “tackle your tits off, pass the ball in a backwards motion to who ever has the loudest call”. Job done.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Sharks are specials to miss the 8 imo, and I can't see the Knights turning it around that quick.

Broncos should be there and the remaining spot will be a shit fight between Faders, Tits, Manly or Dogs to fill that top 8.
Souffs, Tigers and Warriors will battle for the spoon.

Now watch the exact opposite happen. :notsureifserious:

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
5th to 8th for us. Our squad just isn't a top four squad. Probably one of the weakest squads I have seen us have.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
5th to 8th for us. Our squad just isn't a top four squad. Probably one of the weakest squads I have seen us have.
Weakest until our injured players are back or weakest overall? Because apart from a question mark on our halfback, I think it's the best side we've had in a long time.
I struggle to see many weaknesses across all positions... Forwards have a good mix of experience and youth(with some very talented players coming through) a killer backline and 2 of the most exiting halves in the game.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Can everyone move this shit to the “bogans arguing about shopping centres” thread so I don’t keep opening it under the wild expectation of reading thoughts and news on our 2018 team?

fmd
Looks like someone doesn't have a Westfield in their subburb :(

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
Sharks are specials to miss the 8 imo, and I can't see the Knights turning it around that quick.

100% agree as far as the sharks go, I can’t see them going anywhere but backwards.

With the squad that we’ve got this year I think a top 4 spot should be expected.

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
Weakest until our injured players are back or weakest overall? Because apart from a question mark on our halfback, I think it's the best side we've had in a long time.
I struggle to see many weaknesses across all positions... Forwards have a good mix of experience and youth(with some very talented players coming through) a killer backline and 2 of the most exiting halves in the game.
Nikorima can't be to much worse than what Hunt dished out for two seasons after the grand final.

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013

I think we have one of the strongest 25-30 we have had in a while. However, our top 17 might not be as good, particularly on paper. If Nikorima goes well we are stronger overall.

Also, the youth coming through is some of the best we have had. Especially considering it is much harder now to get youth talent than it was in the past.

I am backing Kodi to go well this year and Oates to transition to an origin bench player in the second row by next year. I think they will both get the job done. Also looking forward to some young outside backs to get a chance. They may not end up mainstays for years to come but like Moga, Tupou, Bott, etc may do a serviceable job for a season or two.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
I can see us doing the same if not better than last year. Blair was going backwards and Hunt was not close to being his best for us. We should be close this year.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I think the broncos destiny lies firmly in Anthony milfords hands. If he's on fire then we could easily be top 2-3.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Most of our blokes have massive potential. If a few go to the next level - the most likely being Lodge, Niko, Milf, and Bird - then we're deadset the best side in the comp in terms of balance. TPJ or Haas could easily have breakout years as well.

Like always, it all depends on the game being refereed correctly. If the wrestle and play the balls are policed properly all year then the Storm and Roosters are automatically much worse sides.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Think we'll be fine making top 4, we'll miss Hunt's running game and sheer grit determination, but if Kodi improves on game management and kicking, we might be a more well rounded team able to grind out games better than we have in previous seasons.

Apart from Hunt and Blair, we haven't lost anyone important (and some would argue the latter wasn't in his last season), but we've gained Lodge and our other young forwards have another year of development under them.

I also suspect with Walters returning, our backline is going to fire and see plenty of ball at the right times.

We'll be fine.

@Porthoz agree with you about the sharks having some problems - moylan is overrated as **** and Maloney was the brains behind their success. Swapping them, whoever decided that should be sacked.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • thenry
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.