2018 NRL Side

Why the hell didn’t make a play to sign Trent Hodkinson for around $150000? He’s had a lot of injury and form issues but we have no real NRL experienced backups and if he sorts himself out with the benefit of being at a professional club he has the skill set to fill the massive organisational and kicking gaps we have.

As crazy as it sounds....there's some merit in this.

Thinking out loud....What if we play for Austin and move Milf to 7? Will make no difference to Milf playing at 7.

Thinking out loud....What if we play for Austin and move Milf to 7? Will make no difference to Milf playing at 7.

Why?..

Austin is the same player as Nikorima except more injury prone, neither has a good kicking game, it would just a be a sideways move, if we're signing anyone it has to be someone to take the pressure off Milford.

A Blake Green to our Shaun Johnson, if you will.

Why?..

Austin is the same player as Nikorima except more injury prone, neither has a good kicking game, it would just a be a sideways move, if we're signing anyone it has to be someone to take the pressure off Milford.

A Blake Green to our Shaun Johnson, if you will.

Austin has this in him with the right coach and team. I think hes much better than Niko (not playing well of late i know). He could play exactly that role of Green.

Austin isn't going to add anything Niko doesn't already. We don't need another ball runner.

Can someone get the Darius Boyd courier mail story about he’ll retire if injury’s continue

Austin has this in him with the right coach and team. I think hes much better than Niko (not playing well of late i know). He could play exactly that role of Green.

There is zero chance the Austin has that style of play in him, or ever will. He is an instinctive player, who plays what he sees. Runs first, second and third.

But seriously, what is KNik done to you?

But seriously, what is KNik done to you?
On the other hand... what has KNik ever done to convince you he is or will ever be a halfback?

Please note the question is not whether he is a good player, or even a good half!

On the other hand... what has KNik ever done to convince you he is or will ever be a halfback?

Please note the question is not whether he is a good player, or even a good half!

His running and passing is already quite good. His kicking is horrible though and that may result in him never making it as a halfback. That said, his work ethic and calmness under pressure are second to none.

But to say that if he doesn't fire after this round he's done and Blake Austin is a better option, well in my opinion, it just doesn't compute. I'm not even arguing which one is better but there is absolutely nothing that has ever suggested in Austin's play he is anything other than a runner with a terrible penchant for weird beards and goatees.

His running and passing is already quite good. His kicking is horrible though and that may result in him never making it as a halfback. That said, his work ethic and calmness under pressure are second to none.

But to say that if he doesn't fire after this round he's done and Blake Austin is a better option, well in my opinion, it just doesn't compute. I'm not even arguing which one is better but there is absolutely nothing that has ever suggested in Austin's play he is anything other than a runner with a terrible penchant for weird beards and goatees.
I think I need some sleep, I read that as `a terrible penchant for weird bears and goats', I did a doubletake and went WTF???

But carry on, I now see what you did there.

Sorry, this wasn't in comparison to Austin, whom I see the same way you do btw.

It's more your tendency to excuse Niko's performances as a halfback that I question, not his qualities as a player, which I have no doubts about. You also don't mention his game control, which is probably the most important attribute of a halfback.

Sorry, this wasn't in comparison to Austin, whom I see the same way you do btw.

It's more your tendency to excuse Niko's performances as a halfback that I question, not his qualities as a player, which I have no doubts about. You also don't mention his game control, which is probably the most important attribute of a halfback.

I have always been a bit in the camp of that you have that natural skill set as a half or you don't, but after watching Cooper Cronk, it is possible to learn the role if you are really committed and very disciplined. So I would agree with you, I don't think Niko is a halfback, but it is possible. We would need to start seeing the development of his skills as the season progresses. He has always struck me as more of a fullback or 5/8 to be honest (or the utility role).

Active Now

• Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • RodF
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • lynx000
  • Robboi_321
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Dash
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • davidp
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.