2018 NRL Side

I thought bird played half, not 5/8. At least he was on that side of the field with the forwards. It limited his running as bit but his understanding of the game was invaluable to a team where the halves look more lost than our front row at times.
You're basically sacrificing a big part of his play for the betterment of the team.
So your saying you agree or disagree?

It was only one game but it did look an improvement.

I am starting to really rate Oppa too and I think he is a bit of a Jack Reed on the edge for Milford. Nothing to flash but dependable, so Bird in the halves also allows him into the starting line up.

I disagree though that Kniko has no utility value to the team. In an injury crisis he can cover 9, 7, 6, 1 and wing. On top of that in short bursts he is a very dangerous runner and a great attacking spark. If he comes on and is told to run at tires forward and not worry about any kind of game control I think he can be very dangerous. Also just because Macca plays 80 minutes doesn’t mean he has to, but on top of that Macca usually stays on the field when the utility comes on, and goes into a lock type role to have a breather.

At the end of the day, Kniko is a better bench option than a Pearson or a Oppa.

I'll be fuming if Bird goes back to centre, Nik had his shot and blew it I'd prefer him as a impact player off the bench but some games are going to require 4 forwards on the bench so who knows what the further hold for him

Do games really require 4 forwards off the bench if two of them are Thaiday and Sims? Prefer Kodi for impact with Macca being fresher in attack too.

Do games really require 4 forwards off the bench if two of them are Thaiday and Sims? Prefer Kodi for impact with Macca being fresher in attack too.
I'd say once these young guys coming though get a crack at first grade sims and Sammy will get "corkes" I'm excited to see how far Hass is away, he seems like another TPJ type imagen two of them in the team! One on the bench

I disagree though that Kniko has no utility value to the team. In an injury crisis he can cover 9, 7, 6, 1 and wing.

do you not remember the last time we had him on the wing ... I think it was Vunivalu that scored something like 4 tries against him ... never again

do you not remember the last time we had him on the wing ... I think it was Vunivalu that scored something like 4 tries against him ... never again

That was painful.....it was like traget practice, except the target wasnt that hard to hit.

That was also the round when he played injured after busting his shoulder. But yeah wing isn’t ideal for him.

So what's everyone think the likelihood of WB leaving Bird in the halves and breaking his word of sticking with Kodi?

I'd have Kodi at fullback... just saying. :p

Well, if you chuck Bird at lock and have him play similar to yesterday you can probably get away with having Kodi at halfback (centre). Though I dunno how the rest of the forwards will go.

Well, if you chuck Bird at lock and have him play similar to yesterday you can probably get away with having Kodi at halfback (centre). Though I dunno how the rest of the forwards will go.

See your point but we go backwards, as we then drop forward out of the line.

See your point but we go backwards, as we then drop forward out of the line.

Yeah I'm a bit worried about that, but it sounds like it's inevitable that he gets moved there eventually, so we'll have to wait and see how things work out.

Could someone pls post the article on kodi nikorima thats on the courier mail

Could someone pls post the article on kodi nikorima thats on the courier mail

I can but it’s not worth it tbh , it’s just saying that Niko should be dropped or put on the bench because of the way Bird and Milf played.
Darius defended Niko saying he has won the team games ( which is bs, lost more than won ) and should slot straight back in

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Rambstien
  • Foordy
  • Emanon
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lazza
  • Dash
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.