2018 NRL Side

Boyd has had 2 injuries this year

better retire him then ... even though he has been relatively injury free since his first game back with us in 2015 ...

Hell we should have retire Hodges much earlier as well ... because he was averaging 2 injuries a year for nearly a decade

the people who post articles on the roar generally have no sources (hence no credibility) they just guess and make assumptions most of the time

Would it surprise you though ?

Ha ha! That wasn't to hard was it .
Don't push your luck.....lol...christ when Boyd was kicking on Friday night...I was thinking anyone would be better.

But we need a pack to get Taylor and Milf on front foot.

Lodge
Granville (in due course)
Offa
Gillo
Mago
TPJ

Plus Haas and savelio off bench...sorry still don't see a spot for Moose.

I want a pack that can trample teams. That gets your halves going forward.

.ps you might want to start listening to people such as Johns, Gould, Tallis, Sailor, Girdler, Elliott...pretty much every person who is involved in the game has said (at some stage) that he aint a prop..

Those same people also slammed teams like the Raiders, Bulldogs and Warriors packs for being "too big" size isn't everything in forwards.

Would it surprise you though ?

yes it would.

when he was appointed captain Bennet said we were looking for a longer term captain moving forward.

people have short memories, just because he struggled with injury at the back end of 2017 doesn't mean he isn't still one of the best full backs running around.

he may be different to your Slater or Tedesco fullbacks, but different doesn't mean worse

yes it would.

when he was appointed captain Bennet said we were looking for a longer term captain moving forward.

people have short memories, just because he struggled with injury at the back end of 2017 doesn't mean he isn't still one of the best full backs running around.

he may be different to your Slater or Tedesco fullbacks, but different doesn't mean worse

It just seems weird thats all

Don't push your luck.....lol...christ when Boyd was kicking on Friday night...I was thinking anyone would be better.

But we need a pack to get Taylor and Milf on front foot.

Lodge
Granville (in due course)
Offa
Gillo
Mago
TPJ

Plus Haas and savelio off bench...sorry still don't see a spot for Moose.

I want a pack that can trample teams. That gets your halves going forward.

Completely agree that we need some size , but moose is a must . He is so solid and reliable , add some size around him . We absolutely need guys that can punch through the line , will have to wait and see who we sign in that respect. I also think we need some damaging edge runners , glenn and gillet just aren't asking enough questions. This is why oates needs to move into the backrow, and chase a big agile winger to replace him. Maybe even move gillo to lock !! Also a half that can organize and kuck would be great.

This. There is a ‘give up’ attitude amongst this squad that has reared it’s head over and over since 2015, with innumerable instances of us dropping our heads, points getting piled on us and we do nothing. They have plenty of talent and have the potential to be be amazing, but the minute something isn’t working, it’s just about game over for us. A never say die attitude is what is needed but we simply don’t have it.

They can throw money at all the sports psychologists in the world, but not every problem can be fixed. Sometimes the problem just needs to be cut out and discarded.

Fortunately some of the main reasons offenders in this as I see them are leaving but some are still here. Some accountability needs to come back into this team for it’s performance and dropping one high profile player for one match to Q-Cup isn’t enough, in my book.
I don't want to point the finger at one person, but during games, the teams attitude simply does come back to one person - the captain. Sadly, ours hasn't led by example all year.

To get to where he is, from where he was, as a person is remarkable and admirable. Hats off to him.

But he is not a captain and that's been evidenced all year. He's done his best, but it's just not been good enough.

I also think we need some damaging edge runners , glenn and gillet just aren't asking enough questions. This is why oates needs to move into the backrow, and chase a big agile winger to replace him. Maybe even move gillo to lock !! Also a half that can organize and kuck would be great.

Glenn and Gillet are not our problems they have both proven themselves to be excellent hole runners. Our attacking structure is the problem, put whoever you want in second row it won’t matter because people can’t run into holes that aren’t there.

Glenn should go to the bench next year , we need a young guy there .

Glenn can cover forwards , centre ect ..
hope we dont keep korbin after next year too many young guns with more up side coming through

This is what I think will be the team WB will go with.
1.Boyd
2.Oates
3.Roberts
4.opacic
5.Kahu
6.Milford
7.Nikorima
8.Sims
9.Macca
10.Moose
11.Glenn
12.Gillett
13.Bird
14.Mead
15.Thiday
16.Offa
17.TPJ
[emoji37][emoji24]

This is what I think will be the team WB will go with.
1.Boyd
2.Oates
3.Roberts
4.opacic
5.Kahu
6.Milford
7.Nikorima
8.Sims
9.Macca
10.Moose
11.Glenn
12.Gillett
13.Bird
14.Mead
15.Thiday
16.Offa
17.TPJ
[emoji37][emoji24]

Wheres Lodge ?
Why is mead on the bench ?

I have a feeling this will get a strong negative reaction but....

Replace Benji and his minimum wage deal with... Todd Carney.

He has stunk recently, but Wayne managed to squeeze some form out of Benji. Todd, at his peak can kick, hits at the line, and can organise. The guy was a genuine composed reliable half, cut from the same cloth as Foran, Pearce, Widdop, Green.

Yeah yeah, off field dramas. If Wayne can handle Jim, he can handle Todd. Wether it's through discipline or being better at covering for him.

For bargain bin prices, the guy would be great depth like Benji was. If it weren't for his recent form, I'd go as far as saying, for the cheap price, he would be a great partner for Milf. Or he could even play 5/8th next to kniko allowing Milf to shift to fullback, which is an idea some of you seem to be in love with.

I have a feeling this will get a strong negative reaction but....

Replace Benji and his minimum wage deal with... Todd Carney.

He has stunk recently, but Wayne managed to squeeze some form out of Benji. Todd, at his peak can kick, hits at the line, and can organise. The guy was a genuine composed reliable half, cut from the same cloth as Foran, Pearce, Widdop, Green.

Yeah yeah, off field dramas. If Wayne can handle Jim, he can handle Todd. Wether it's through discipline or being better at covering for him.

We have whats his name from England or somewhere coming into our side to replace benji.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • eggstar10
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • HarryAllan7
  • sooticus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Gaz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.