2018 NRL Side

1 something mil

so you believe about the 4th figure the media decided his contract was worth...

fyi at different times the media also stated his contract value was:

750k (initial figure)
850-900k
1 million (this figure stayed for a while)
1.2 million.

but answer me this. If his contract was 1 million or more, how did Milford become the clubs first million dollar player when Bird signed his contract first?

so you believe about the 4th figure the media decided his contract was worth...

fyi at different times the media also stated his contract value was:

750k (initial figure)
850-900k
1 million (this figure stayed for a while)
1.2 million.

but answer me this. If his contract was 1 million or more, how did Milford become the clubs first million dollar player when Bird signed his contract first?

Well if you knew how much we were paying him why did you ask me! Ffs some ppl

He doesn't know how much we're paying him, that's his entire point, you said we're paying Bird too much, yet you haven't got a clue what we're paying him.

What I have seen on the news a while back it was way to much and ppl were even saying that

Well if you knew how much we were paying him why did you ask me! Ffs some ppl

I haven't seen his contract so i have no idea how much we are paying him, just showing how foolish it is to believe the media's figures as they have reported so many variations.

my personal opinion is it is probably around the 750k a season mark. for a number of reasons:

1. it was the first figure reported my the media
2. Milford was our first million dollar player (widely reported) but he signed after Bird.
3. It was also reported at the time that our offer was lower than the Knights (reportedly 1.1 milion) but slightly higher than the Sharks offer (reportedly about 600k)

Don't push your luck.....lol...christ when Boyd was kicking on Friday night...I was thinking anyone would be better.

But we need a pack to get Taylor and Milf on front foot.

Granville

People here have selective memories. Macca was outplaying Graville massively before his injury, plus he's (macca) an 80 minute hooker whereas Granville won't ever be. The hookers I'd look at if Macca hypothetically retired tomorrow would be: Rein (Wallace starting over him is a prime example of just how bad Griffin is as a coach) or Brailey (he won't leave the Sharks).

7.6 billion is what was reported

Have they gotten his salary mixed up with Melbourne's cap?

Last edited:
Defence as in organising, communication, along with positioning and kick coverage? Or just general tackling? Because Boyd's not much chop at that, especially recently.
You do realise that Boyd defends in the front line when inside our 20. I think there was a stat that he had the most tackles per game for fullbacks.

The hand injury appeared to be Boyd's downfall, which also coincided with Milf's injury and had them both coming back into a disjointed team.

Broncos just really lacked direction with so much chopping and changing. The fact that leading into the prelim it was emphasized at the team list announcements that kodi would actually be starting at 7. Tough to win when the 17 isn't stable and you field your strongest 17 since probably before origin in your final game of the year.

Ps mcguire is behind almost every other starting lock for metres....also give me a single game when he has dominated his opposition physically? You know, actually done what a prop needs to do?

Nah didn't think so...ps you might want to start listening to people such as Johns, Gould, Tallis, Sailor, Girdler, Elliott...pretty much every person who is involved in the game has said (at some stage) that he aint a prop..
You're kidding right just about every commentator has been saying how good McGuire has been at lock stating that they thought broncos would struggle to cope with the loss of Parker but McGuire had filled the void.

I don't know why you'd state commentators as evidence anyway. Guys like tallis and girdler barely have a brain cell between them let alone one able to put together an independent thought on football and sailor is more a personality that is using his football background as a way to get himself on TV/radio.

These guys just regurgitate what they've heard before and don't have a single independent thought between them.

Johns and Gould are good thinkers of the game but are heavily biased towards their own teams or agendas.

Pretty sure Garry said it was around the 700-750 mark.
I'm pretty sure the Sydney media started with 4yr $4m... but Chris Garry came out and said $750k.

Given Chris Garry is a little more reliable and also based in qld I believe him more than salty NSW men like buzz

This is our best team imo.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Opacic
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Moose
9. Macca
10. Sims/Offa
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Bird

14. Thaiday/Savelio/Nona/Mead/Utility/whoever
15. Lodge
16. TPJ
17. Offa/Sims

Possibly they could look at switching Boyd and Roberts late in each half when the opposition is tired. I don't know where Sims fit, but he must be the team and perform a job similar to Blairs(doing the 1%ers). The last spot is open to whatever game plan we are doing and who performs better in the preseason. I feel that this is probably the best forward pack we have had in the past few seasons.

Agreed.

I can't believe I am going say this.....someone like....Taylor?
tenor.gif

****, they were right after all. The end of the world really is coming!

I wonder if Oates is able to play centre, his a good defender out wide.

Darren Nicholls. I really like what he offers hes always around the ball, good kicking game, likes attacking the edges and through the ruck and has a good dummy. Bring him back! Would be at least a good fill in if we do have to wait for another halfback who isn't be available until 2019

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.