2018 NRL Side

I wonder if Oates is able to play centre, his a good defender out wide.

He has played centre.

He is not a centre. If people were scared of Moga's defence...

There is going to be a number of changes to the team and coaching staff. Hopefully we can add some more handy pick ups in the off season , also some new staff to freshen things up.

This. We are only a couple of smart signings on and off field from being a really gun team.

WB will shake a couple of things up.

Add Bird, Macca, Lodge. A fit Boyd and Milf. No Moga. One or two more smart signings. A Storm team minus Cronk..

I'm really optimistic about 2018.

This. We are only a couple of smart signings on and off field from being a really gun team.

Add Bird, Macca, Lodge. A fit Boyd and Milf. No Moga. One or two more smart signings. A Storm team minus Cronk..

What about picking up kevvie in the off season [emoji57]

Storm will still be hard to beat next season.

They have actually shown they can perform quite well without Cronk, and with Smith and Slater going around another year they will still be a very strong side. Croft is a good young kid and he will have so much pressure taken off him due to Smith being able to control the side on his own.

Darren Nicholls. I really like what he offers hes always around the ball, good kicking game, likes attacking the edges and through the ruck and has a good dummy. Bring him back! Would be at least a good fill in if we do have to wait for another halfback who isn't be available until 2019

I liked him and wished he’d gotten a chance when we needed something different over the last few years when we struggled. Has a kicking game, which for the most part, is all we need sometimes

You do realise that Boyd defends in the front line when inside our 20. I think there was a stat that he had the most tackles per game for fullbacks.

The hand injury appeared to be Boyd's downfall, which also coincided with Milf's injury and had them both coming back into a disjointed team.

Broncos just really lacked direction with so much chopping and changing. The fact that leading into the prelim it was emphasized at the team list announcements that kodi would actually be starting at 7. Tough to win when the 17 isn't stable and you field your strongest 17 since probably before origin in your final game of the year.

I understand your point, but it’s easy to make a tackle in the line. I honestly can’t remember the last time he made a one-on-one, obviously they’re hard to do, but I just feel like I’ve seen way too many attackers blow straight past him with little effort on both sides.

I understand your point, but it’s easy to make a tackle in the line. I honestly can’t remember the last time he made a one-on-one, obviously they’re hard to do, but I just feel like I’ve seen way too many attackers blow straight past him with little effort on both sides.
Just need to ask kodi how hard it is to make a one on one.

The reason I bring it up is in recent times teams have been using nippy running players that aren't suited for front on defence as their fullback milf, Barba, french, etc.

Having a bigger body in Boyd allows us to have a 13 man line inside our own 10. If we chuck Knik, milf, etc. back there we likely lose this and have to change our goal line defensive structure. Although I think our goal line def has turned to shit since 2015 anyway, but that's another story.

You're kidding right just about every commentator has been saying how good McGuire has been at lock stating that they thought broncos would struggle to cope with the loss of Parker but McGuire had filled the void.

I don't know why you'd state commentators as evidence anyway. Guys like tallis and girdler barely have a brain cell between them let alone one able to put together an independent thought on football and sailor is more a personality that is using his football background as a way to get himself on TV/radio.

These guys just regurgitate what they've heard before and don't have a single independent thought between them.

Johns and Gould are good thinkers of the game but are heavily biased towards their own teams or agendas.
Don't stress, it's quite obvious Brent81 means this guy:
592.jpg

That or he's trolling.

Just need to ask kodi how hard it is to make a one on one.

The reason I bring it up is in recent times teams have been using nippy running players that aren't suited for front on defence as their fullback milf, Barba, french, etc.

Having a bigger body in Boyd allows us to have a 13 man line inside our own 10. If we chuck Knik, milf, etc. back there we likely lose this and have to change our goal line defensive structure. Although I think our goal line def has turned to shit since 2015 anyway, but that's another story.

Teams also have Inglis/Johnston, Edwards Tedesco, Wighton (lol I know), RTS. If anything more teams have as big if not bigger fullbacks than Boyd. The original context was regarding Allan and what he needs to improve, not about how we have Boyd in the line. If anything, I don’t question the fullback in the line, rather Boyd’s ability or effort in making last-ditch attempts at tackling

You do realise that Boyd defends in the front line when inside our 20. I think there was a stat that he had the most tackles per game for fullbacks.

many fullbacks are doing that now.

I would like us to buy Ash Taylor as he has had lots of experience in the no.7 and plays there now and has a wonderful kicking game, we want a player who can control the plays and he is the one for it, I know Niko is capable of doing it but I believe we should be having a player that's has played in that jumper for nearly all the games he's played, with all the experience we've lost and hunt going and we need someone who has experience there and therefore niko can learn of Taylor as well. Kodi Played Fullback as most the career and a hooker impact player which he showed was really good for us in 2015,2016. Id like us to buy Cleary but I can't see that happening he's happy at the panthers.

1. Inglis
2. Folau
3. Roberts
4. Bird
5. Gagai
6. Milford
7. Morgan
8. McGuire
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Burgess
12. Gillett
13. Taumololo

14. KNik
15. Joffa
16. Lowe
17. TPJ

Make it happen!

Unread

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • barker
  • Allo
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.