2019 Broncos Line-up

There’s going to be no Jonus Pearson in our squad for 2019 he has signed with cowboys. Which I don’t understand because he is more likely to get a run with us than he would cowgirls.

No he hasnt, he has signed with St George

What are we the dragons feeder club now as well as the titans? Fuckn drag queens.

No he hasnt, he has signed with St George

Sorry my mistake, on other news I’ve read that both TPJ and Lodge have both rejected Knights and most likely to re-sign. Source Foxtel with quotes from their coach Nathan Brown.

Sorry my mistake, on other news I’ve read that both TPJ and Lodge have both rejected Knights and most likely to re-sign. Source Foxtel with quotes from their coach Nathan Brown.

On the news last night TPJ was apparently saying he will only sign a one year deal with us.

Last edited:
On the news last night TPJ was apparently saying he will only sign a one year deal with us.
Quote NRL.com Sat 17th Mar Tevita Pangai Junior said - "I want to be a Bronco for life so I am going to work hard to do that”
How times change. Bennett, maybe.

Quote NRL.com Sat 17th Mar Tevita Pangai Junior said - "I want to be a Bronco for life so I am going to work hard to do that”
How times change. Bennett, maybe.

I think it was channel 10 news it was on last night. Don't know if there is a replay of the news anywhere to see it again, but it doesn't surprise me.

Oh god if the Broncos fk this up because of Bennett I’m gonna be pissed
Yeah, I would be fine with a one year deal. Sure it would be great to have him long term but there is a bit of motivation in a one year deal. Also, it may because we are moving someone who is still in the team to free up space (all speculation of course)

Pangai is a fantastic, highly skilled player, but to me he seems to have a bit of the Hayne-dream quality to him. He’ll do what he wants when he wants at whatever club he wants. Especially now with Bennett not there to keep him around. I hope Lodge will suffice in that role. Also I feel his intensity is what ha caused his niggly injuries, and if we were in a better position we could have rested him more. Hopefully that’s all it was and not him pushing himself and keeps getting injured. I’m happy with a one year deal

I love TPJ and see him as a potential captain in 3-5yrs..however, if I were Brisbane, I would not be offering him anything less then a 2yr contract.
If we sign him on a 1yr deal, it means that he can right now sign another deal for 2020 with...lets say the Rorters.
IMO let him go now, if he is going to follow Bennett in 2020 anyway. I'd rather look at locking down another young gun that wants to play for the Broncos as a club..

I like TPJ though he has a real long way to go as a player. I know he is only young but he has the bonehead penalties in him and is a bit of a hot head. It’s a shame but if he goes, he goes.
A back row of Gillette, sua and McGuire will win us the premiership next year.

If TPJ goes, he is a loss, there is no argument there BUT it isn't like there isn't anyone who could do a great job (even if not quite the same level) left, Joffa and Carrigan could both be excellent long-term locks and I have a feeling that Joffa in particular should even be given the role from round 1 next year.

I love TPJ and see him as a potential captain in 3-5yrs..however, if I were Brisbane, I would not be offering him anything less then a 2yr contract.
If we sign him on a 1yr deal, it means that he can right now sign another deal for 2020 with...lets say the Rorters.
IMO let him go now, if he is going to follow Bennett in 2020 anyway. I'd rather look at locking down another young gun that wants to play for the Broncos as a club..
You make a very good point that he would still be able to sign a contract with whoever in 2020. I didn't even think of that. Better to put it on him now ie 2-3 years then 1 yr and have to start the negotiations again almost immediately whilst fending off the scum clubs.

I would like to see the broncos lock down Fifita... from memory he is off contract at the end of 2020, but it would he great to extend that for another 2-3 years before the vultures can start circling. Similar to what Storm did with NAS recently.

For the guys we want to keep we need to start locking them in 24 months out from their contract expiry instead of 12 months out with the November 1 rule.

So we've lost Sims, Opacic, Thaiday, Allen, Pearson, Seve, and I presume Dargan, Nona, Murphy, Scarlett and possibly Tagataese and Mosese Pangai with the only replacement being Sean O'Sullivan.

Who are the likely replacements?

I would like to see the broncos lock down Fifita... from memory he is off contract at the end of 2020, but it would he great to extend that for another 2-3 years before the vultures can start circling. Similar to what Storm did with NAS recently.
9A309FE1 B066 4940 A8DB 72F9B642E59C

Seriously, the Storm will stop at nothing in their attempt to win.

Makes it so much easier to hate them now.

So we've lost Sims, Opacic, Thaiday, Allen, Pearson, Seve, and I presume Dargan, Nona, Murphy, Scarlett and possibly Tagataese and Mosese Pangai with the only replacement being Sean O'Sullivan.

Who are the likely replacements?

I imagine the Broncos will turn to their juniors to fill the void. Players like Fanitesi Niu, Jack Paterson, Tom Dearden, Ethan Bullemor, Tanah Boyd, Corey Paix, Kobe Hetherington, Jordan Riki, Herbie Farnworth, Ioane Seiuli etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few unannounced signings report for November 1st either, like Jake Turpin did last year.

Would like to see Herbie get a run sooner rather then later if Oates leaves

I imagine the Broncos will turn to their juniors to fill the void. Players like Fanitesi Niu, Jack Paterson, Tom Dearden, Ethan Bullemor, Tanah Boyd, Corey Paix, Kobe Hetherington, Jordan Riki, Herbie Farnworth, Ioane Seiuli etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few unannounced signings report for November 1st either, like Jake Turpin did last year.

Pete, what are your impressions on Carrigan?

Seems to be a bit of talk around him. I think a couple of posters have even said they reckon he's the best out of the Fifta, Haas and Carrigan triumvirate.

Unread

Active Now

• Canga
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.